Green Patches In New Bag Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

• Thread starter ArcticOrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

kelp4less has a soil cutter starter pack,you add it to 5cu ft of any soil let it cook 90 days and roll brother,my last grow was nothing but water and tea,tea was made with there compost blend,work great and had a hell of a problem free garden,that is the one i will go with on my soil side,im into the organic grow,but i also want to up my game and stepping off knee deep into the coco world and give a try for some quick meds

I have heard of the kelp4less but not had any feed back on it so thanks for that. I amend my soil but it's nice to trade ideas on this. Oh...don't freak out but I'm a girl lol.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What did u find made the best soil in your opinion. I'm in dirt but not many are or just used bagged like me. I like the concept of using just dirt and not needing bottled crap.
If you're not into bottles then a good soil food web is in order... i would be willing to bet with a little perlite and mycorrhizal population boost... i could run that bag with just water... as it sits.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thank you for telling me that,me likum ganja girls,now i just got to remember,stoner moments you feel me,why the hell would i freak out about you being a girl,glad i could meet ya,i would love to see more female growers any one that no's me no that,anyway i tested the soil cutter and it worked great ,i mean great,thing is you are supposed to mix it with 5 cu ft,i mixed mine with 2.5 cu ft and only cooked it 30 days,girl i had a dank ass grow,would show you a picture of the girl i breed but me and this button box dont jive so well,dont no how to post pic,if your really interested pm me and i will give you the low down

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

If you're not into bottles then a good soil food web is in order... i would be willing to bet with a little perlite and mycorrhizal population boost... i could run that bag with just water... as it sits.

Im in to the soil Web. I use teas and bennies and SSST. Loving the humic acid too. Iv often wondered tho how can we tell when we have that good Web going on?

embaks

embaks

want no if you dont try,hell think about it this way,some folks grow in straight up perlite,right,nothing there either unless you put it there,tell ya one damn thing you wont have any bug problems ,they will cut themselves to hell before they can estblish ,only thing i can think of would be sand fleas,go hard and get down friend ,this world is full of discovery want no if you dont investigate
I think I'm going to give it a shot when I get my gsc..

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Im in to the soil Web. I use teas and bennies and SSST. Loving the humic acid too. Iv often wondered tho how can we tell when we have that good Web going on?
When you quit using tea and just use water. The soil when alive.... literally does all the work.... the only reason i use bottles is because i reuse ffof over and over again

But i can assure you there are people out there that just use water... many get freaked out by the sign of mold or mildew or algea... in reality there is a lot of good going on in the soil... I see many problems from over water and underwater which destroys your population of good stuff.

Soil organisms include (from tiny to small): bacteria, fungi, algae, slime molds, protozoa, nematodes, arthropods, gastropods, worms, and insects. These, and many unlisted organisms, are partially responsible for decomposition/aeration of soil. Decomposed soil releases nutrients, which are then used by plant's roots for nutrition. Aeration of soil is a major issue, and has led to many growing with soil-less organic media. Peat/coco/bark, the organic soil-less grow medias, are much more airy than traditional soil.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

When you quit using tea and just use water. The soil when alive.... literally does all the work.... the only reason i use bottles is because i reuse ffof over and over again

But i can assure you there are people out there that just use water... many get freaked out by the sign of mold or mildew or algea... in reality there is a lot of good going on in the soil... I see many problems from over water and underwater which destroys your population of good stuff.

Soil organisms include (from tiny to small): bacteria, fungi, algae, slime molds, protozoa, nematodes, arthropods, gastropods, worms, and insects. These, and many unlisted organisms, are partially responsible for decomposition/aeration of soil. Decomposed soil releases nutrients, which are then used by plant's roots for nutrition. Aeration of soil is a major issue, and has led to many growing with soil-less organic media. Peat/coco/bark, the organic soil-less grow medias, are much more airy than traditional soil.

I use potting mix not soil. Purely because I can't get good soil over here in the UK and not be obvious about what I'm doing. I'm always trying to get a good mix for my ladies. Every grow I try different amendments. I like to experiment a lot. The only nutes I ever use are organic grow and bloom....but i feed prob 4 times through my grow. That's it. I like my mix to do the work for me. I will eventually get it down to none....just like in nature. There's no bottles out there lol
I gotta run now and feed my dogs. It's been great swapping info and stuff with you guys. I hope I can catch you again one day. I love new members as you bring in so much info and experience.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I use potting mix not soil. Purely because I can't get good soil over here in the UK and not be obvious about what I'm doing. I'm always trying to get a good mix for my ladies. Every grow I try different amendments. I like to experiment a lot. The only nutes I ever use are organic grow and bloom....but i feed prob 4 times through my grow. That's it. I like my mix to do the work for me. I will eventually get it down to none....just like in nature. There's no bottles out there lol
I gotta run now and feed my dogs. It's been great swapping info and stuff with you guys. I hope I can catch you again one day. I love new members as you bring in so much info and experience.
Oh shit.... uk... i got you...... hey @Ecompost can you help a local find supplies. ..thanks bro

Ecompost

Ecompost

Oh shit.... uk... i got you...... hey @Ecompost can you help a local find supplies. ..thanks bro
yes mate I certainly can, what are you looking for buddy? Soil amendments or plain soil, when I say plain I mean...well not plain but basic, are you looking for nutrients or just media? I am surprised to hear you struggling to get quality, can you determine what you want? I can make you custom soils to order if you prefer?

Ecompost

Ecompost

we can help you mate. I am certain. Getting big bags in and out we cant stop, but we can supply you with UK functionalised bacteria and fungus, perfect for the near zero touch model you'd like. We also supply bacteria to remediate your soils, so you can just use it as GT does with his FF tackle. Our K+AMINO product is totally awesome for repurposing media when its finished growing your meds, which is also does really well, it is rich in pathogen inhibiting microbes and essential oxygen generating strepto strains and trichoderma, alongside cyanobac that help us reuse the plants own waste back as a once agin useful Carbon. It also contains lots of VOC's which directly impact flavour and essential oil, as well as promoting effective ISR

Ecompost

Ecompost

the only effective way is to buy a compound x400 microscope, take samples and test/ analyse. You can use it to test you are putting the right biology in as well. It is not really possible to know without zooming in. But you can easily see when its not right :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

thank you for telling me that,me likum ganja girls,now i just got to remember,stoner moments you feel me,why the hell would i freak out about you being a girl,glad i could meet ya,i would love to see more female growers any one that no's me no that,anyway i tested the soil cutter and it worked great ,i mean great,thing is you are supposed to mix it with 5 cu ft,i mixed mine with 2.5 cu ft and only cooked it 30 days,girl i had a dank ass grow,would show you a picture of the girl i breed but me and this button box dont jive so well,dont no how to post pic,if your really interested pm me and i will give you the low down
my senior microbiologist is also the best grower of blue cheese anywhere on planet earth and she is 100% female and 100% for real one of most knowledgeable, and talented growers/ horticulturalist I have ever met. It is just us lads tend to dominate out of a lack of advancement beyond an ancient biology, and so crowd out those less ready to compete for airtime. The UK has a long history of outstanding female horticulturalists I know, but if we can just squeeze past the lake sized projection of Capability Brown, they might get a look in. Perhaps we should get more women in to history too, so that's not all so loaded also :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom