green planet nutrient line question

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

just wondering if anyone can help me with a nutrient question. Anyone familiar with green planet dual fuel ?

this is what im using at the moment - also growing in coco . they are only about 11 - 12 days old from seed.

my question is the ppm and ec . im so lost as to how much nutrients i put into 1litre of water
1.PNG

at the moment i am doing 0.5ml of part 1 and 0.5ml of part 2 . i add this into 1 lite of water . I also add 1.25ml of calmag

so once thats done i then reduce the water down till i get a reading of 0.6ec .

does this sound correct. this is my schedule im using..

Also if i mix this up and use it all , i do it again and so on daily ?

Capture.PNG

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

anyone ?? cause im using tap water and not RO water do i just dilute down to reach the correct ec ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Pretty much. Its a daily chore. Miss it and the plants will let you know.
I don't grow hydro, I grow organic. Totally different even though its the same.

Another grower will see this and check it out. You can ask @DreamwalkerJ if he's around, or @Dirtbag, and others.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

was thinking i should get the reverse osmosis machine but they are quite expensive in australia. not sure it may be worth it

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

From what I understand, using RO is not good. I can not tell you why.
I do know that in most first world countries, water quality is not an issue.
If you are worried about your water, a basic carbon filter should take care of it.

As far as feeding, I think you need a fairly regular schedule based on the plant of course.
You will need to measure your ppms before feeding and after. You will need to keep track of pH and how much of what was given so you know what to look for.
The better your notes, the easier to fix anything wrong.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Tap water needs to sit for 24 hrs. then make your water. I am not familiar with "Green Planet", someone will know though, good growing.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

Found this a while back, I use the Medi One feeding program in coco so can't really comment on the dual fuel line yet. Might give it a shot on my next run

Growhard australia Duel Fuel 2 part feed chart 1024x1024
2Bad

2Bad

Tap water needs to sit for 24 hrs. then make your water. I am not familiar with "Green Planet", someone will know though, good growing.
Actually fresh tap is fine @Ponky @Aqua Man told me that when I first started and I've been good . It's just a unnecessary step.

Ponky

Ponky

Actually fresh tap is fine @Ponky @Aqua Man told me that when I first started and I've been good . It's just a unnecessary step.
Some cities use chloramine still in the states. 20% or so. So you need to check with your water department first. To make sure your water isn't very hard or that it doesn't have very high chloromine. My water here is a perfect hardness to buffer my PH. And has low amounts of chlorine. I can just pour it from the tap into a bucket at 70 degrees and add the food. And put it right in the tent and plop the plant right in. No wait. And no issues. If I had poor water quality it would be different. Sometimes that gross tap water that smells like eggs that you would never drink is perfect for plants too.
Always check your water analysis. And don't worry about a little bit of chlorine.

Ponky

Ponky

I don't think chloramine evaporates if you let the tap sit though right? @Ponky
You will need to use activated charcoal. The half life(of chloramine)in aerated water is about 3 days. Just sitting there does very little. Mechanical aeration will help. Ideally you would filter through charcoal. Into a vessel. Aerate. Bring to 70 F. And allow to oxygenate. Ph. Wait several hours. Readjust PH. And bam. Should hold its PH.

Ponky

Ponky

4 ppm or chloramine or less is fine. Which is the legal limit for tap water in most places. So 3 days of aeration knocks it down to 2 ppm.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And if ya still worried 1 gram of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) will neutralize 1 ppm of chlorine in 100gal of water. Most supplies are under 2ppm and I rarely see above that. The only time I would think about filtering or neutralizing would be for teas brewed with bacteria. Even then it's not going to be an issue imo.

Top Bottom