Green Poison XL Auto in a 30 gallon pot

• Thread starter pop22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pop22

pop22

Recently started a new grow. I needed to get back to organics. I've grown for the last three years with Megacrop and had great success. But even with a simple nutrient like Megacrop, I just don't like the whole chemistry set thing. I much prefer the simplicity of organic soil. I make my own soil and keep it as simple as I can. I use pre-mix, dry organic nutrients like Docor Earth or Epsoma, Jobes, whatever is handy. I use compost of all sorts, I have a local source of composted Horse manure, great stuff! $10 a pickup load! My veggies raised beds love it! However, for my potted pot.... sorry for the pun........ well not really lol, I use either cow compost or Coast of Maine Lobster compost. I switch back and forth with them. My base is organic soil, usually Lambert's potting mix. I blend in some Epsoma, compost, blood meal, Epsom Salts, and some lime. I do get fancy.
I have done some composting of my own I filled a 30 gallon tote with rootballs, worms and castings, food scraps, and leaves and stalks from harvested canna. I let it compost for 2 1/2 years. Now I'm putting it to use. I bagged up what I didn't used in old soil bags for storage.

My grow is in a 4x4x7' tent. The tent has a 4x4 plastic grow tray in it. For lighting I have a DIY light built with Horticultural Lighting Group Diablo Boards ( QB648 ). QB648 is a custom LED Module designed by Horticulture Lighting Group and made by Samsung. Each board has 648pcs Full Spectrum LM301H LED and 18 pcs Deep Red 660nm Deep Red LM351H LED. I have 4 mounted on the same heatsink HLG's 600R lamp uses. I'm using a pair of Meanwell HLG240H-C2100b drivers and have it adjusted to run at 400 watts. I'm getting about 1000PPF at the canopy.

I'm growing a Sweet Seeds Gren Poison XL auto in a 30 gallon Grassroots cloth pot. Very well made pot! The pot is filled with my organic soil ammended with my compost in a 5:1 ratio. I also blened in 4 cups of Epsoma Gardentone, 2 gallons of EWC from my worm farm some lime and some epsom salts. This will be a plain water grow, i don't do teas, etc. I will top dress about a week into flower.

here she is a couple days ago, and my setup.

Green poison xl auto in a 30 gallon pot

Here she is the day I transplanted her

Green poison xl auto in a 30 gallon pot 2

mancorn

mancorn

Check out the “Berkeley Method” for your compost. 18 days! I don’t get enough material to do a proper 1m pile, but can still get a smaller pile done in a month or two.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m assuming there is a reason for placement of that seedling along the side of the pot. Can you share the rational of that?

pop22

pop22

Light is at 32" above the plant.
I’m assuming there is a reason for placement of that seedling along the side of the pot. Can you share the rational of that?
I placed her to the side in anticipation of a tall plant. If so, I'll bend her over and tie her down.

pop22

pop22

Check out the “Berkeley Method” for your compost. 18 days! I don’t get enough material to do a proper 1m pile, but can still get a smaller pile done in a month or two.
Just looked that up, interesting, thank you!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Light is at 32" above the plant.

I placed her to the side in anticipation of a tall plant. If so, I'll bend her over and tie her down.

Ok, thanks. I was thinking more to do with rooting. Bending and tie off to an adjacent pot not an option?

Latest posts

Top Bottom