Greenhouse Cooling/Heating solutions

• Thread starter mountain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mountain

mountain

Curious what people have found for effective greenhouse cooling - especially larger greenhouses in arid climates.

Requires a LOT of swamp coolers for larger structure - lots of amps.

Cooling pads - experience anyone? Lots of aiflow still needed...

Earth Tubes?

Venting?

Earth Berms?

Misters? (PM problems? Mold? extreme humidity swings create problems?)

And on the heating side, propane works but... again earth tubes? Geothermal? Hot water?

Any experience or tips appreciated - that cactus mart link looks like one to check out. Any other successful places like that worth investigating?

Thanks!

L

LightDep530

I am running an aquacool swampie, its only pulls like 7 amps for the submersible pump. I have 2 24" exhaust fans. 24x 26 gh. Whole thing runs on a 10 gauge extension cord. Do have to watch out for the humid days and your watering. You can get mold. I do not get PM very often though. I'm using a woodstove and a single 1k MH right now to veg. Little nutrient uptake problem when it stays cold like this week. I just foliar a little bloom and a little micro and it helps.

W

Webster

I am looking into installing a roll-up side on a 96x30 house. Last year we just ran fans and pulled the doors open and covered them with shade cloth to keep visibility down. Botrytis was a problem, so keeping the humidity down is def. the goal this year. Planning on rolling up the side after watering and any precipitation.

For heating, I am looking for a propane heater that can vent its water vapor out of the greenhouse.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We got Solex 5 mm plastic covered 15x40 ft.. We got 2 fans curculating air constantly as well as exhaust fans set by thermostat. Air really moves around and out. Last summer temps reached 100 plus inside and plants kicked ass. However propane heating to 50 in winter was way too expensive, Seems Solex panels allow higher day temps with no stress, guessing air curculation and the Solex panels filter out harmful rays, it was hot as hell in there as long as we kept it watered no problem Solex comes in a roll and is easy to install lasts 15yrs sturdy worth the money....Good cust service and advise

hempster333

hempster333

arrid is the best climate use big soil containers keep the roots cool. my greenhouse in the upper desert got up to 115 did not hurt the plants at all after awhile the swamp cooler would not work anyway the place was packed.50 plants the yield was 33 lbs of killer master kush with no chemical or fertilizer.

S

SLO Grown

Ditto "chickman" I am Solexx user of 10+ years stuff is the real deal. And those folks in Salem Or. are great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom