Greenhouse floor?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I'll be getting my green house soon and I wanted suggestions on the best way I should set up for the ground.

I want to dig out the soil the same size as the GH about 4" deep and fill it with either compost and good soil or Rev 2.1.
Or a good soil mix.

I've also been told go with concrete?

Any thoughts

zzzybil

zzzybil

i used cheapo sealtab roofing shingles. Leftovers or salvage store should be cheap . Easy enough to plan or cut later a hole/section for lil raised bed planting if wanted . Easy to remove whenever . No muddy messy floor. Might wanna raise level with some sand 1st for good drainage . I'm sure ''pavers'' would be pretty and pia to do a decent job let alone $$$$$$$ .............. The shingles functional , cheap & EASY

fishbuds

fishbuds

Google greenhouse floor fabric. Keeps weeds out, drains well, and lets roots from grow bags enter and access the nutrient rich soil under the fabric. dont use plastic unless you like ants..02

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what ever you decide,DONT DO WOOD CHIPS crap i went and got 5 trucks loads and laid in my garden about 6in thick,great to walk on and comfortable,but after 6 months the problem made it presence known slug and grubs out the ass,worse off coons will dig your crap up to get to them,i live in the woods and have never had coons visit the place at least not were i could tell,in the last 4 months ive trapped 2 of them ass holes,i dont like killing animals and gave them every chance to leave,double wire around the bottom ,closed all holes worked my ass off trying to keep them out,after i finished i was watching you tube and there was a vid on coons climbing walls ,im like ya right,sure as the day is long straight up the side of a hotel about 7 floors up folks was video a coon going up the wall,ha i gave up got a trap and finished the problem,i got the mulch for free from the city and it was a bad idea no doubt

S

StarLord PQ

I love this stuff. If it gets dirty just rinse the dirt through.

Here is how I have mine set up. Once Oklahoma quits getting dumped on I'll rinse the floor out. I would suggest a lite coat of sand so the dirt work it's way up through from the bottom. When I clean up in the fall I will get more and put sand down.

IMG 20190608 145536
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I'll be getting my green house soon and I wanted suggestions on the best way I should set up for the ground.

I want to dig out the soil the same size as the GH about 4" deep and fill it with either compost and good soil or Rev 2.1.
Or a good soil mix.

I've also been told go with concrete?

Any thoughts
I've got an 8x16 and plan on putting heavy plastic under the whole thing and then cut and dig up the 3' edges, place chicken wire (got gophers) frame it 12" high and grow potatoes, onions and garlic all winter long. I've been thinking of cementing the center walkway. A 3" thick walkway would be a project but worth it. Rent a mixer at Home Depot and knock it out in a few hours, after spending a day digging and framing. Still worth it. And a 2x3' pad in front of the door.

Latest posts

Top Bottom