Greenhouse foggers vs ulv foggers

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Looking at buying a fogger for my IPM program...
Mainly for mites and disinfecting room between harvests ...

I been looking at 2 different types... those like the pulsfog k10 and ULV foggers.

I'm not sure which is better for an indoor grow.. main thing is mites... fogging the room will be so much easier than trying to get into the plants to spray all the leaves because I run wide tables with a dense canopy.

Our larger building is 60 lights and our smaller one is 42 lights and then I got a small 24 light grow at home...
Going around from grow to grow to spray plants is just not feasible... fumigating the entire room once a week is a real time saver

So what are the main differences? Is one better than the other for fogging for mites ?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I'd go with a ULV fogger. Preferably a commercial one like a Curtis. I use the hurricane model, but I grow in tents. I believe the cyclone model w/ the flexible extended sprayer may benefit you, but there are a few different models to check out.

Tried the cheap Ryobi from Home Depot, and few of the others that you'd see at certain hydro supplies, but those tend to leak and drip a bit as you spray or "fog" as I should say. The Curtis Dyna Foggers are solid and one of the best investments I've made.

Purchased both of mine on eBay lightly used and well below tag price. Ran hydrogen peroxide through thoroughly before using on my garden.

If I were outdoors or had lots of space I may want to give that pulsfog a try.

Last edited:
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

... also as far as differences, thermal foggers are typically large, requires fuel, which means exhaust, and loud as all hell. In return you get a dense white fog that penetrates well.

ULV foggers run on electric, so no exhaust and feel are better suited for indoors, as they are typically more compact. Utilizes pressurized air to create a more invisible fog which is it's only disadvantage to it's counterpart.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I just use an HVLP paint gun and small compressor, they're adjustable and work very well. The Atomist etc are great but kinda overkill for small to medium rooms IMHO.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

OP has 100+ lights, Thermal fogger would probably be most convenient, but I'm not a fan of all the exhaust they'd put off indoors.

My Curtis Fogger is only slightly bigger than a Pressurized Hand Sprayer I was using prior, and cost me $60 used on the bay. Perfect for my medium sized room. OP would want a model with a bigger tank, etc.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
OP has 100+ lights, Thermal fogger would probably be most convenient, but I'm not a fan of all the exhaust they'd put off indoors.

My Curtis Fogger is only slightly bigger than a Pressurized Hand Sprayer I was using prior, and cost me $60 used on the bay. Perfect for my medium sized room. OP would want a model with a bigger tank, etc.
Gotcha. In that case an atomist is what I'd use. It's what I used to use in my 80 light grow. Works very well. This is the one I had.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I've had the atomist before, that was my entry into the fogger world. Mine would leak all over the floor as I would spray, leaving another mess for me to clean. Does your Atomist leak as you spray?

I've settled on the handheld Curtis models, no extra mess.

I believe the Curtis Cyclone has the extended sprayer, as the Atomist model you shared.

Not exactly sure on OPs layout, but tripping over an extension cord if you're fogging "row to row" could have it's disadvantages.

I dig the paint sprayer idea, wish I would've of thought about that when I was just growing my own medicine.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've had the atomist before, that was my entry into the fogger world. Mine would leak all over the floor as I would spray, leaving another mess for me to clean. Does your Atomist leak as you spray?

I've settled on the handheld Curtis models, no extra mess.

I believe the Curtis Cyclone has the extended sprayer, as the Atomist model you shared.

Not exactly sure on OPs layout, but tripping over an extension cord if you're fogging "row to row" could have it's disadvantages.

I dig the paint sprayer idea, wish I would've of thought about that when I was just growing my own medicine.
Been a few years since I used them but no I dont recall either of them ever leaking or dripping. I had 2 as the first one got fried when someone accidentally plugged it I to a 240 ballast outlet lol. I sold my newer one to a buddy who still uses it though.

That curtis cyclone sure looks nice. Pricey though.. But looks like a high quality atomizer. And yeah... I hated dragging that cord around and down rows.

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

Look at paint sprayers, when I first looked at them I looked at the mobile ones, they have too small containers

this was the best solution for me for the price and man this thing does a great job, flying skull nuke em recommend this brand and this to me on the phone a few years back . So I got it. Love it . so that’s my dedicated flower room sprayer

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Look at paint sprayers, when I first looked at them I looked at the mobile ones, they have too small containers

this was the best solution for me for the price and man this thing does a great job, flying skull nuke em recommend this brand and this to me on the phone a few years back . So I got it. Love it . so that’s my dedicated flower room sprayer

1/4 dropplet particle size is too big... Looking for 5-20 micron

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Been a few years since I used them but no I dont recall either of them ever leaking or dripping. I had 2 as the first one got fried when someone accidentally plugged it I to a 240 ballast outlet lol. I sold my newer one to a buddy who still uses it though.

That curtis cyclone sure looks nice. Pricey though.. But looks like a high quality atomizer. And yeah... I hated dragging that cord around and down rows.
But on ulv sprayers like your mentioning what is the distance you can spray? I'm wanting to stand at the door way and just fill the room with fog and most so every little spot gets covered ... A true fumigation...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
But on ulv sprayers like your mentioning what is the distance you can spray? I'm wanting to stand at the door way and just fill the room with fog and most so every little spot gets covered ... A true fumigation...

Mine was good up to about 16-20 ft or so. My rooms were 40 feet long and 10 feet wide, I had to do each room in 3 stages.

For sure not a true fumigation though.

Goatbudsusa

Goatbudsusa

What I am trying to figure out is weather to buy a cold fogger or a thermal fogger, seriously stressful situation.

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

What did you end up going with? Im looking into a fogger or some type of sprayer right now but i know absolutely nothing about them. I would like to use it for disinfecting my room with Chlorine Dioxide and id also like to use it for IPM and foliar feeds. Applying Flying Skull Nukem, Athena IPM, Lost Coast etc. I found one fogger that i can for sure use with Chlorine Dioxide but im not sure if I can use it with pest control products. Here is the link. Can somebody help me out?

Here is the sanitation products im looking into in case anyone is interested.

Top Bottom