Greenhouse lights

• Thread starter 7leaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7leaf

I'm unsure of what is better. I'm growing in a rigid poly greenhouse with heated concrete floor.

The size is 40 by 70 feet. I have 12 hps lights.

How does hps compare to led? Thinking of switching because of heat generation and hydro rates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan789

Dan789

I'm unsure of what is better. I'm growing in a rigid poly greenhouse with heated concrete floor.

The size is 40 by 70 feet. I have 12 hps lights.

How does hps compare to led? Thinking of switching because of heat generation and hydro rates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Welcome to the farm first of all, why not provide some backdrop for your situation?

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Depends on your lights, a lot of leds have evolved over the years to be pretty great, but I’ve heard 1000w led can’t replace a true 1000 watt hps. You’ll get some cost saving and you don’t have to change light bulbs depends on the led you can veg and flower with the same light, with some leds you can control the spectrum make it a little more red or take out some blues etc . I still personally thing hps lights are better if your growing huge plants and need that light penetration if not go with the leds for overall better costs saving. Positives to both good luck!

JuDab

JuDab

Personal experience you can not keep costs down in the market without switching. green house is a little different as your set up sounds not as basic as most so using for sup lighting will also lower the price point in general.

7leaf

Thanks for the replies. Lots of great information on here. I farm in Canada crops hay and cattle. Not a large farm by any means. Anyway I am starting out growing weed. Lots of experience growing on the edge of my cornfields. Two greenhouse crops and one outdoor crop a year. Limited to 200 square meters of canopy or around 2146 square feet per grow. Start from seed no auto flowers my goal is to grow trees. 100 plants per grow.

Jon

Top Bottom