Greenleaf Nutrients / Mega Crop Official thread

• Thread starter greenleafnutrients
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

The new 2-Part A formula is only available in 3lb, and 25lb sizes. The 3lb looks like this. We are finding that people really like having smaller sizes, so we will probably go more that direction in the future. (while also keeping 25lb size available)
View attachment 2024105
I dont by the 3lb too small!, I dont by the 25lb too big(wicks moisture)! 6.6lb is Perfect! - also N-P-K ratios should be on the front Label like all fertilizer, this is out of the Norm - someone has dropped the ball...in the Bag Dept big time!, please forward my message to the Person in Charge!!!, just because Im pissed doesnt mean I dont love You !!

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
I dont by the 3lb too small!, I dont by the 25lb too big(wicks moisture)! 6.6lb is Perfect! - also N-P-K ratios should be on the front Label like all fertilizer, this is out of the Norm - someone has dropped the ball...in the Bag Dept big time!, please forward my message to the Person in Charge!!!, just because Im pissed doesnt mean I dont love You !!
You can store the 25lb in a bucket with seal lid if moisture/humidity is a problem. Some areas that get really hot or humid may have this issue.

redeye

redeye

greenleaf why have you changed the 5-12-26 to 8-12-28 its not the same formula anymore it now has less magnesium and EDTA as a chelator
will you ever be bringing back the original part a 5-12-26 with 6% magnesium again
thanks.

redeye

redeye

the new mix Part A 8-12-28 is not the same as before so dont be fooled thinking it is.... it has half the mag less iron and more nitrogen how is that the same...its back to peters or jacks for me to bad really as the original 5-12-26 with 100% amino chelates was the best ever

Rooke

Rooke

Hello there hope all is well. I have a question. If I mix to the the old A and B to the recommended flowering mixture can I leave it sit outside in a tub for 3 days and still use it on my outdoor plants? The ph does come up a bit and I can add some ph down and it seems fine but it settles in the bottom of the tub and when I mix it up it’s cloudy your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Choppr

Choppr

Not too Happy with MC myself lately - I still have over 12 lbs. of each 5-12-26/0-0-15. I do love this "Old" Product line, and I am not fully convinced the change is detrimental. MC's Claim the "New Formula" will "Out-Perform" Jacks (or their own) 5-12-26. I'm in Coco so have always used (at half strength) Botanicaire Cal/Mag Plus(Iron) and PowerSi, w/ My base (A/B) Nutrients ..(they removed the Potassium Silicate too) Si02, They also removed the Kelp, this might be a push to move their Sea-K Product? (as I posted above they no longer offer the 6.6lbs-which is total crap!) My next Purchase will be the Small Bags of the New Product (3lbs),I will do a few runs before I make a Judgement/or go back to Jacks(JR Peters)..as I left Jacks for MC and have not regretted that decision, as yet. @redeye are you using the "new formula"? please post your success/fail? to this thread...(@greenleafnutrients please send a free sample of the "new formula" my way, enough for (18 wks) a full Sativa Run, I always run 3 plants in my Sativa (tall) Tent)

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
the new mix Part A 8-12-28 is not the same as before so dont be fooled thinking it is.... it has half the mag less iron and more nitrogen how is that the same...its back to peters or jacks for me to bad really as the original 5-12-26 with 100% amino chelates was the best ever
8-12-28 is compatible with 5-12-26, its more concentrated/better value. More magnesium isn't really needed for Cannabis, and you can easily add more if you choose to.
Hello there hope all is well. I have a question. If I mix to the the old A and B to the recommended flowering mixture can I leave it sit outside in a tub for 3 days and still use it on my outdoor plants? The ph does come up a bit and I can add some ph down and it seems fine but it settles in the bottom of the tub and when I mix it up it’s cloudy your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
yes its fine, just stir it up a bit and it will be fine
Not too Happy with MC myself lately - I still have over 12 lbs. of each 5-12-26/0-0-15. I do love this "Old" Product line, and I am not fully convinced the change is detrimental. MC's Claim the "New Formula" will "Out-Perform" Jacks (or their own) 5-12-26. I'm in Coco so have always used (at half strength) Botanicaire Cal/Mag Plus(Iron) and PowerSi, w/ My base (A/B) Nutrients ..(they removed the Potassium Silicate too) Si02, They also removed the Kelp, this might be a push to move their Sea-K Product? (as I posted above they no longer offer the 6.6lbs-which is total crap!) My next Purchase will be the Small Bags of the New Product (3lbs),I will do a few runs before I make a Judgement/or go back to Jacks(JR Peters)..as I left Jacks for MC and have not regretted that decision, as yet. @redeye are you using the "new formula"? please post your success/fail? to this thread...(@greenleafnutrients please send a free sample of the "new formula" my way, enough for (18 wks) a full Sativa Run, I always run 3 plants in my Sativa (tall) Tent)
You can't add Potassium Silicate (and also excessive amounts of Amino Acids) and also have high solubility for fertilizer injector systems at 100x or higher rate. The new 2-Part is designed to be compatible with extremely high concentration mixtures, and thus fully compatible with any concentrated fertilizer feeding system.

Kelp was not removed, actually the new formula has much higher kelp than the previous one, and also our new improved grade of super concentrated Kelp as well. The new formula is backwards compatible with Jacks 5-2-26. Jacks 5-12-26 is a great formula, but wasn't specifically designed for cannabis, its more of a general hydroponic type feeding program. Generally cannabis doesn't need such high levels of Magnesium, but there are certain circumstances where for Magnesium may be needed, which can be added separately very cheaply.

Last edited:
Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

Damn, I was gonna give MC another go but still getting reviews with rocks in the bags almost a year after the problem. Mine were like the reviewers where the clumps were solid and need a hammer to break. Sticking with Jacks.

SwampCat

SwampCat

The problem here is consistency. Why does the recipe change at all? The one part I have is NPK 10-5.5-14.5 with 6.5 Ca 1.9 Mg 1.1 S. On the website it says 9-6-17 for the one part but when you click on it it says 9-7-14 and then click on the label it says 9-7-14 with 7.5 Ca 2.7 Mg 3.3 S. I gather there have been updated versions.Mine doesn't list fulvic acid but does list chitosan oligosaccharide.Also there's no EDTA in the original. But just looking at the discrepancies between these numbers. In the last five or so years they've decided they needed more phosphorous more calcium, magnesium and 3 times the sulfur....
Anyway with that said I haven't had a problem. I love Megacrop I have a massive stockpile of it.>I grow in coco and use calmag and especially wash and buffer myself.(soak in cal mag solution for 48 hours) and I know my way around some calcium nitrate,MPK or epsom salts(literally magnesium sulphate) if I need the help...
But yeah..Yall need to stick to a plan...even if it's wrong!

chuck88

chuck88

Geez, its not like any other company improves their product over time (yes that is sarcasm 😉 )

Clockwise from back left > Black African Magic (48 days), Cafe Racer (44), Black African Magic #2 (37), Malawi x Panama (48)

27 Feb The Girls day 48

Cheers

Top Bottom