Greenleaf vs Advanced

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

Here is my line up and the Greenleaf Logic Grow and B Alive I am replacing them with for the comparison.

Greenleaf vs advanced
Greenleaf vs advanced 2
Greenleaf vs advanced 3
B

Buddy Hemphill

The Logic Grow replaces Sensi A&B and the B Alive replaces B52.

The 2 in net pots are Boonanna

The 2 in square pots are ECSD

The bigger ones are Boonanna. I split them in half for this trial. 13 will be using Sensi, 12 will be using Greenleaf Logic Grow and B alive.

S

stonedinthe902

looking forward to this, much thanks for the comparison man!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I'll sub in for this one. I always like a good nute face-off. I hope the Greenleaf kicks ass.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Greenleaf killed it and I wasn't even expecting it...the ones withthe white tags are Greenleaf.

The next run is gonna be greenleaf all the way.

I didnt think I was gonna be sayin that.

dankworth

dankworth

You like bags of salts now.
Don't you.
Admit it.

FREEDOM!
http://t0.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkBI__gO3nuM35r4XypKtjBnQQkJzBw9x2k2vnxKSR_wq3k4bYeg

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

And I will never look back....!!!!!!!!

This greenleaf stuff is good. Its my intro to dry nutes and a real understanding of what my plants need.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Greenleaf just copied everyone's fert a.

Yup!!!

I think we have all been copying each other since the Hanging Gardens of Babylon...

Its plants...no biggie.

Just glad to see somebody offering the ferts in an affordable manner. Without sacrificing end results...

which, I say that. I haven't seen the end result yet.

But thats one of the reasons for the grow log I am sharing. To find out how Greenleaf products compare to AN.

I wish I was sharp enough to mix my own dry ferts... I am on the road of learning, with that as a goal.

Ya gotta start somewhere though...and this is working for myself so far!!

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

But maybe not...

If they just copied it..

Why is Greenleaf making the plants bigger than the AN?

Hmmm....food for thought.

dankworth

dankworth

But maybe not...

If they just copied it..

Why is Greenleaf making the plants bigger than the AN?

Hmmm....food for thought.

Because AN is all stingy with the pimp juice.
What nute ratios are the AN vs the Greenleaf?

S

stonedinthe902

so glad to hear it Mississip Hip. searching for information on GreenLeaf nutrients is how i signed up to this site in the first place, and to see the results of some of these comparisons confirming what i already thought (that they'd do just as well, at the very least) is great! i've also confirmed since that their products include all the same ingredients as their AN counterparts, and are not merely a close 'our version of'... it is exact!

dankworth you said it, FREEDOM!! ;)

edit: i was under the impression that the ratios were the same for the ingredients however, so i can't explain why the greenleaf plants would actually be doing better. but either way, 'yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee' for the affordable product outperforming the expensive one!

dankworth

dankworth

so glad to hear it Mississip Hip. searching for information on GreenLeaf nutrients is how i signed up to this site in the first place, and to see the results of some of these comparisons confirming what i already thought (that they'd do just as well, at the very least) is great! i've also confirmed since that their products include all the same ingredients as their AN counterparts, and are not merely close 'our version of'... it is exact!

dankworth you said it, FREEDOM!! ;)

edit: i was under the impression that the ratios were the same for the ingredients however, so i can't explain why the greenleaf plants would actually be doing better. but either way, 'yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee' for the affordable product outperforming the expensive one!

AN is known to lie about guaranteed analyses, that is why they are flagged in OR all the time.
If you look at the OR dept of ag site, you will see how far they are off in the salt values.
It's like they went out of their way to fuck it up.

So if anybody buys AN and they do not live in OR where they have regulators go around to make sure the stores pull the flagged products from the shelves, then they stand a good chance of not receiving the NPK values listed on the container.

Hence the pretty substantial difference in the two specimens.
Hopefully someone will come along and argue that two plants is an unacceptable sample size, and cannot generate meaningful data.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Because AN is all stingy with the pimp juice.
What nute ratios are the AN vs the Greenleaf?

I dunno exactly because I dont follow the bottle/bag on either one.

I use AN's nute chart. It works good for incrementally increasing ppms...has an option for how many weeks the strain is...blah, blah...

There are prolly others out there. Its just the one I cut my teeth on so I still use it for reference.

I have been taking the recommended dosage from the chart (in ml). Using what I had left of the AN jugs, I measured ppm's of different strengths of each product. (10ml = xxx ppm)

To still use the chart...I do the math...and then bring up each add on and the base to the desired ppm to match the nutrient schedule's ml recommendation.

Am I making sense?

Better yet...does that make sense as an approach? I am trying to figure this out and still give myself a check and balance against what i know (AN jugs)

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

What is your source water supply? Tap or RO? And are you using a cal/mag supplement?

Plants look good and healthy!

I am still a little fuzzy on your method for measuring though, but as long as your ending numbers are good it really does not matter to much how you got there.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers!

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

What is your source water supply? Tap or RO? And are you using a cal/mag supplement?

Plants look good and healthy!

I am still a little fuzzy on your method for measuring though, but as long as your ending numbers are good it really does not matter to much how you got there.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers!

Using the stuff in the picture....minus Sensi A&B and B52.

I replaced those with the greenleaf substitues.

16 ml of sensi A&B in 1 gallon of RO =1480 ppms

9.6 g of GL Logic grow in 1 gallon of RO= 2090 ppms

oddball figures I know....just stuff from my notes

I have never made a nute regiment (8 week, lets say) without the nute manufacturers feed chart being my base from which to begin my schedule.

I am simply converting their chart (ml) to (ppm's) so that I can use my meter to bring the dry ferts to a desired level to match the slow increase or decrease of a nute schedule.

Clear as mud...lol...

suggestions appreciated.:winking0067:

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Ok, I gotcha now! Just a little suggestion or information.

Normally for basic chemistry or cooking conversions; 1ml equals 1 gram in most cases with the exception of heavy metals in which case you need to know density to get it accurate.

Mass = Density X volume

So if 1ml equals 1 gram and 9.6g of Greenleaf's Grow A+B Nutrients equals 2090PPM, I suppose 16g would equal over 3000PPM.

That is a lot more than the 1480PPM for the Sensi AN Brand.

OR

16ml equals 0.541 fluid ounces.

dankworth

dankworth

I have used thousands of dollars of AN, and their feed chart.
I still have a whole wire-framed shelving unit full of AN bottles.
I have kept a couple of the originals for posterity.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

The guy in your avatar has used thousands of dollars eating hamburgers and steaks as well.......make that millions.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Ok, I gotcha now! Just a little suggestion or information.

Normally for basic chemistry or cooking conversions; 1ml equals 1 gram in most cases with the exception of heavy metals in which case you need to know density to get it accurate.

Mass = Density X volume

So if 1ml equals 1 gram and 9.6g of Greenleaf's Grow A+B Nutrients equals 2090PPM, I suppose 16g would equal over 3000PPM.

That is a lot more than the 1480PPM for the Sensi AN Brand.

OR

16ml equals 0.541 fluid ounces.

Ahhh..gotcha. Explains the growth...its also good to know they (the boo) will take that in stride.

This is opening my eyes to alot.

tystikk really pushed me to dry ferts...dankworths thread is good stuff.

Its a lot to take in because I am solo. No friends to drink beer with and bounce ideas off of. This forum and posts like yours are my teachers.

thanks

Top Bottom