Greenpoint Seeds ( Aspen Yeti X Polar Bear Og ) Hydro + Led ( By Mr.chocolate )

• Thread starter Mr.Chocolate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Greenpoint seeds  aspen yeti x polar bear og    hydro  led    by mrchocolate

Hello Everyone.

This will be the journal for Aspen Yeti X Polar Bear OG. This is a tester pack I received from GU. Though I'm a little late in writing this journal, I finally have things underway. This is an OG x OG x OG x OG which originate from some amazing genetics. Simply, I'm expecting a LOT of fire fire and hopefully various keepers.

Seeds: Aspen Yeti X Polar Bear OG This is made up of the following: [(Aspen OG) x (Yeti OG) ] X [(Bear OG f1 ) x (White OG V2.0)]
Company: GreenPoint Seeds
System: Recirculating Deep Water Culture.
Nutrients: Cutting Edge Nutrients along with compost tea.
Lights: LED
CO2: Yes. This will be set at 1000-1200 throughout the grow. This is due to the grow systems being in a large open room with each system at various stages of growth.
Seed Description (Via various breeder websites):

--Aspen OG: 303 Seeds Aspen OG is a sativa leaning OG Kush that is the result of a pairing between the elite San Fernando Valley OG Kush cut and a special male from DNA's Sour Cream project. Created by BudPatch to bring the sativa edge of the Diesel/G13Haze to the coveted indica hybrid SFG OG Kush, the Aspen OG is in a class of its own. OG dominant growth and stretch during both veg and flower, with rock hard OG nugs enhanced with a special sativa kick.

--Yeti OG: Indoor results have also shown exceptional flowers. This breeding has maintained what the parentage exemplifies. There is substantial resin production and flower formation. Tests from multiple reliable sources consistently come back at over 20% THC..... (only a small portion of the breeder description taken)

--Polar Bear OG: a selected Bear OG f1 cut from South Holland crossed with my White OG V2.0 male. This cross gives more of an overall Bear OG dominance resulting in longer top buds. This makes the yield really nice for a mostly OG Kush hybrid. Smells range from sour to lemon-pinesol. Her smoke is smooth on the inhale and packs serious punch on the exhale.

About myself: I'm a LICENSED facility with years of experience. I love what I do and within the last 2 years I've moved away from the clone only cuts from the clone stores and hand me down clones to focusing on unique strains I've selected and grown from seeds. Simply, I'm looking for the fire that you can't get at your local dispensary and those unique cuts only I have and share with friends.

Objective: To document my grow of the Aspen Yeti X Polar Bear OG TESTER* pack I received from GU. I'm looking to develop a general understanding of the various characteristic of the offspring from this cross, such as Taste, Yield, Potency and Yield, as well as laying the groundwork for what to expect when you the consumer purchases a pack of these genetics.

Smoke Report: The smoke report will NOT be done by myself, but rather by my patience. There are a handful of very brutally honest clients that are self proclaimed connoisseurs of weed and I tend to agree with their reviews of my genetics. Simply, if they say it's good, then it's GOOD. These are the type of smokers that can break down the smell, taste and potency.

I also believe it's important to have an independent review of your product, for obvious reasons.

Lab Testing
: If any lab testing is done I'll post any results on this thread.

What I expect from you: Let's keep this thread positive and on track. I don't care about the behind the scenes drama, I'm just here to be

Greenpoint seeds  aspen yeti x polar bear og    hydro  led    by mrchocolate 2
Last edited:
Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

I'm about 2 weeks into Veg so I'll be posting more by the end of the day. But, I can tell you there is a LOT of variation of FUEL funk smell from these plants. Looks to be multiple keepers coming.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Hi everyone. Sorry for not making the Monday update. I flipped the room to flowering on Saturday. I'll be making a proper update on this post tomorrow. Had to leave the farm for a couple of days and haven't been back since to make a proper update. I'll see you all tomorrow.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 2 day 18 of Veg (Day before flowering begins)
Nutrients: Approx 1000 ppm. Cutting Edge + Compost Tea
Foliage Spray: Compost Tea
Room Temp: 82 Day 72 Nigh
Co2: 1000-1200 ppm
Water Temp: 64-68F

NOTE: Yes, there is a BIG gap between planting seeds and this journal, but better late than never. These pics were taken the day before Flowering began.

Journal: Over the last week these plants have been filling out wonderfully. I wish I had done the two other journals before this, but you'll need to know the following so far. These plants love "FIM," Topping, and Low stress training which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend for these plants. Early on these were very stretchy and I was concerned that these would be too tall and lanky for their grow space.

With low stress training and FIM they've begun to fill out nicely. When I pinch and bend the stems only 2 of the plants fought the training while the other 4 molded perfectly in the direction I bent them for that week without rebounding to the original position the following day. They also took nicely to" FIM" and quickly began to branch out into a nice bush. The variation in the plants have been most noticeable in the SMELL, so in the next journal entry so in the next.

Personal: I have to admit that at first I wasn't crazy about these ladies, but they've been so cooperative and have began to fill out nicely, though some are still a little too stretch for my liking. I'm just still not crazy about the internode spacing in these plants. The big plus has been their smell. I'm still not sold on these plants, but they are slowly winning me over.

Plant #1
20150801 112921
Plant #2
20150801 112928
Plant #3
20150801 112936
Plant #4
20150801 112945
Plant #5
20150801 112955
Plant #6
20150801 113053

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Time: Week 1 day 6 of FLOWERING
Room Temp: 82 Day 72 Night

NOTE: This journal was taken 6 days after the previous journal and slightly threw off my typical Monday journal entry, so expect another entry this Monday 4 days from this journal.

Journal: Week 1 Day 6 of Flowering and things are coming along nicely and I'll be able to tell which ones are male and female within the next couple of days. The plants have began to fill out nicely and I'm wondering if I should have let these veg for another week, but the stretch on these do concern me.

Smell: I won't surgar coat it, I don't have the best nose, but I do believe that practice makes perfect and I want to develop my sense of smell, so I'm going to begin to make it an effort to stimulate that side of my brain and work on my sense of smell by trying to keep up a log regarding this area. I'm going to try note the first thing that comes to mind and focus on the primary smells then the secondary notes. To do this smell test I'll be rubbing the upper stalks gently with a butter knife and smelling the plant matter. Will also be interesting to compare the development of the odor and final medicine after curing. Enjoy.

Plant #1 Burnt rubber. Was a little surprised at how sharp the chemically smell was. Very strong chemical smell to it.
Plant #2 Diesel with an after tone of playdough and grapefruit.
Plant #3 Playdough with a sweet citrus and floral after note.
Plant #4 A mixture of diesel with a sweet undertone
Plant #5 A balanced smell with notes of fuel, sweetness and pepper.
Plant #6 Like the first, a very sharp chemical smell that surprises you. With an undertone of pepper.

Plant #1
20150807 155704
Plant #2
20150807 155709
Plant #3
20150807 155717
Plant #4
20150807 155725
Plant #5
20150807 155733
Plant #6

20150807 155802

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Better Late Than Never.... Plant Sex

Time
: Week 3 day 17 of FLOWERING
Room Temp: 82 Day 72 Night

NOTE: Hi everyone. Had to skip last week's journal due to some issues that came up at the farm that were pretty serious which also caused me to miss this weeks Monday deadline....again. Basically I had to spend a whole week digging a massive trench during the hottest week of the year. Fun.

Journal: Week 3 Day 17 of Flowering and things are coming along very well. I'm still keeping the temps in the low 80s with a cold swing into the low 70s at night. However, I'll be lowering the temps to approx 75F during lights on. I've been running slightly warmer temps to stimulate the metab0lism of the plant in conjunction with C02 however I'll be needing to drop the temps lower, below 75, to prevent evaporation of the trichomes.

So, regarding the plant's sex of the plants, good news and bad news. BAD News: Out of the 6 plants only 2 were female. Now before everyone starts freaking out and claiming they will mostly be dudes if you grow these seeds, remember I only flowered 6 plants and at such a low sample number it would be wrong to assume this because it could have easily swung the other way. GOOD News: 1 of the two plants was plant #2, which I was hoping to be a female due to it's beautiful look, size and strong root development and it possibly being a high yielder for an OG. Plant #4 was the second of the two, and I've been feeling kinda... meh.. about this one due to it's stretch I noted early on.

Plant #2 Note: The previous post I accidentally flipped pictures of Plant#1 and Plant #2.

Plant #2 is growing strong and is a beauty. With the smell she's giving off, beautiful leafs, and structure I'm hoping she turns out to be an elite beauty. Her stalks are still giving off a diesel smell with a play-dough and grapefruit. Based on her slower flower development, which is similar in size to my other 9 weeks strains, I'm guessing she will likely be a 9 week plant.

Plant #4 Not only did I forget to take a picture of this plant, I'm thinking about already giving her the boot (donating her to a friend). One of the main reasons is because I simply need big producers and this one is too stretchy.

I've given OGKB, and every cookie strain the boot because of their low to avg yields, so not that this won't produce fire but keep in mind I'm also searching for those strains that can be optimal within my rooms which require large plants. As for you, keep in mind what plants work best for your grow space. What works for me won't always work for you and I'm very aggressive about removing plants from my testing area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom