Greetings from the east coast

• Thread starter RKint
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RKint

Hello all, I am a long time recreational smoker with a recently acquired medical card. I've always had access to great weed (mostly from Cali and Colo) and now able to grow legal in my garden (3 plants in my state of Connecticut). I am in my early 50s and grew up during the war on drugs...lol. Glad we can enjoy cannabis without losing our homes and personal property.

My first outdoor legal crop is Blue Triangle (SC Blue Dream x Tri-Kush) from a friend who grows with an 2x4 indoor tent. I got them at 8"-10" in March and kept them on 16/8 until planted 3rd week in May. They are now triffids (1960s sci-fi movie reference) that have passed the 8' fence around the garden despite topping (I didn't train them much being my first try).

I live in a rural development and contend weekly with deer/bear/rabbits and every insect possible including earwigs from nearby cornfields. My garden has 8' fencing with a 6 joule fence for bipedal scavengers. I use Neem oil as needed until 3 weeks prior to harvest and use HOCL to prevent all molds/mildews/diseases (applied electrostatically). Soil (coco/perilite/potting) was fert with biofeed 5-4-3 as were the prepared beds in the garden. Since then just water until flowering fert once/week 0-10-10. Grower suggested mid/late Sept finish but I'm going by trichome color.

Looking forward to learning and sharing, best regards.

R

RKint

Happy with my first crop despite early harvest due to my namesake dumping 3 days of rain where I live. Trichomes were mostly white with only a very few amber just starting. I yielded 20 oz of flower and should be able to get a lot of hash from the crusty leaves and trimmings. The Blue Triangle once cured has a ripe blueberry scent to it and the effects are great- pain from back injury and anxiety/depression from associated pain are both adressed well.

Next season the garden gets upgraded to greenhouse with lexan walls/roof and controlled ventilation/humidity.

Important first timer lessons learned- at least 4' between plants, water roots-no down watering to encourage mold/bud rot, top and train more to keep plants shorter and bushier (eases plant care not having to ladder up to check the buds), use tarp to limit excess rain water on plants (garden is 12' x 12'), and be patient for harvest (weather permitting).

Mr.Hyde

Mr.Hyde

Hello all, I am a long time recreational smoker with a recently acquired medical card. I've always had access to great weed (mostly from Cali and Colo) and now able to grow legal in my garden (3 plants in my state of Connecticut). I am in my early 50s and grew up during the war on drugs...lol. Glad we can enjoy cannabis without losing our homes and personal property.

My first outdoor legal crop is Blue Triangle (SC Blue Dream x Tri-Kush) from a friend who grows with an 2x4 indoor tent. I got them at 8"-10" in March and kept them on 16/8 until planted 3rd week in May. They are now triffids (1960s sci-fi movie reference) that have passed the 8' fence around the garden despite topping (I didn't train them much being my first try).

I live in a rural development and contend weekly with deer/bear/rabbits and every insect possible including earwigs from nearby cornfields. My garden has 8' fencing with a 6 joule fence for bipedal scavengers. I use Neem oil as needed until 3 weeks prior to harvest and use HOCL to prevent all molds/mildews/diseases (applied electrostatically). Soil (coco/perilite/potting) was fert with biofeed 5-4-3 as were the prepared beds in the garden. Since then just water until flowering fert once/week 0-10-10. Grower suggested mid/late Sept finish but I'm going by trichome color.

Looking forward to learning and sharing, best regards.
Next time definitely do some more training to keep them at a height that’s easier to work on the whole plant, keeps them behind the fence out of sight, and keeps the canopy even.

Top Bottom