Greetings from the Missouri Ozarks

• Thread starter DainIronFoot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DainIronFoot

DainIronFoot

Thandanks ( <- this was a typo but I have decided to leave it because I find it funny and a bit fruedian) for having me. This looks to be a great place full of friendly and knowledgeable folks. I have already benefited greatly from the braintrust herein. You guys are great!
After about a 40 year hiatus, I am growing again (legally, how about that). My previous experience was outdoors behind the barn, using bag-seed (it is what we had back in the day and I miss it). My wife and I both have medical cards and grow permits. So we each can flower 6 plants and have 6 veg and 6 seedlings/clones at a time.
These days it is all indoors and I must say I like the 'control' that provides. Currently on my second grow since returning to the hobby. Best plant so far is a bagseed find in a bud of GSC from Colorado. So far the seeds I've purchased have been 'ok' but only a few outstanding finds. Of course that could be my fault or the luck of the draw. Anyway, I will certainly keep trying. I have obtained a serious quantity of GPS/Heisenbeans for the next few runs. I anticipate they will be stellar.
I am using some CFL for seedlings/clones and early veg. I have two small 2x2 tents with Viparspectra LED for veg and I am running two 3x3x6 tents with 315 CMH for flowering. I am growing in coco/perlite and using General Hydroponics nutrients. I don't have any CO2 or RO, just using tap water (not sure about the wisdom of same).
I have tried my hand at cloning and also at reversing females with STS. Both surprisingly successful. I've chucked a bit of pollen from my GSC find onto my best Blue Dream plant. This is going to be fun!!

FourthCity

FourthCity

Thandanks ( <- this was a typo but I have decided to leave it because I find it funny and a bit fruedian) for having me. This looks to be a great place full of friendly and knowledgeable folks. I have already benefited greatly from the braintrust herein. You guys are great!
After about a 40 year hiatus, I am growing again (legally, how about that). My previous experience was outdoors behind the barn, using bag-seed (it is what we had back in the day and I miss it). My wife and I both have medical cards and grow permits. So we each can flower 6 plants and have 6 veg and 6 seedlings/clones at a time.
These days it is all indoors and I must say I like the 'control' that provides. Currently on my second grow since returning to the hobby. Best plant so far is a bagseed find in a bud of GSC from Colorado. So far the seeds I've purchased have been 'ok' but only a few outstanding finds. Of course that could be my fault or the luck of the draw. Anyway, I will certainly keep trying. I have obtained a serious quantity of GPS/Heisenbeans for the next few runs. I anticipate they will be stellar.
I am using some CFL for seedlings/clones and early veg. I have two small 2x2 tents with Viparspectra LED for veg and I am running two 3x3x6 tents with 315 CMH for flowering. I am growing in coco/perlite and using General Hydroponics nutrients. I don't have any CO2 or RO, just using tap water (not sure about the wisdom of same).
I have tried my hand at cloning and also at reversing females with STS. Both surprisingly successful. I've chucked a bit of pollen from my GSC find onto my best Blue Dream plant. This is going to be fun!!
Welcome! Im enjoying the new Missouri laws as well, can't help but chuckle every time I open my wallet and see the id card. Sounds like you have a nice setup there, can't wait to see the results of your gscxbd!

DainIronFoot

DainIronFoot

Welcome! Im enjoying the new Missouri laws as well, can't help but chuckle every time I open my wallet and see the id card. Sounds like you have a nice setup there, can't wait to see the results of your gscxbd!

I hear you. I can't believe it. Long time coming to be legal. Btw, do you know if male plants count against our 6 flowering plant limits? I am proceeding as though they do. Just to be safe. They are flowering of course. And the law says...

FourthCity

FourthCity

I hear you. I can't believe it. Long time coming to be legal. Btw, do you know if male plants count against our 6 flowering plant limits? I am proceeding as though they do. Just to be safe. They are flowering of course. And the law says...
I believe they do count. The real question (that I don't have the answer to) is when are they considered flowering, when they show signs of sex or when you switch the lighting to 12/12? I have called the DHSS hotline and was told they dont have an answer. If its the former then technically if you don't want males and you cull them as soon as they show their sex they will only count against you flowering total for as long as it takes you to chop it down. Somewhat unrelated is that this interpretation would also allow you to stagger in more than 6 plants under 12/12 assuming no more than 6 actually have pistols/buds. The latter interpretation gets tricky as soon as you involve autoflowers, because if they determine flowering by 12/12 lighting then you could easily get away with 18 autoflowers that have buds but are following a different lighting schedule. Not ideal but people will do anything around the law. It would also be difficult for DHSS to determine and prove what your lighting schedule is or has been over the course of your grow.

Long story summed up is that if the state government interprets the emergency rules that they can't clarify in the most logical, reasonable manner, then males likely only count against your flowering total if you decide to keep them after its clear that they are male. What could go wrong 😣

DainIronFoot

DainIronFoot

I believe they do count. The real question (that I don't have the answer to) is when are they considered flowering, when they show signs of sex or when you switch the lighting to 12/12? I have called the DHSS hotline and was told they dont have an answer. If its the former then technically if you don't want males and you cull them as soon as they show their sex they will only count against you flowering total for as long as it takes you to chop it down. Somewhat unrelated is that this interpretation would also allow you to stagger in more than 6 plants under 12/12 assuming no more than 6 actually have pistols/buds. The latter interpretation gets tricky as soon as you involve autoflowers, because if they determine flowering by 12/12 lighting then you could easily get away with 18 autoflowers that have buds but are following a different lighting schedule. Not ideal but people will do anything around the law. It would also be difficult for DHSS to determine and prove what your lighting schedule is or has been over the course of your grow.

Long story summed up is that if the state government interprets the emergency rules that they can't clarify in the most logical, reasonable manner, then males likely only count against your flowering total if you decide to keep them after its clear that they are male. What could go wrong 😣

I plan to proceed as though they count. That said, I just found an article indicating one could have 6 female flowering plants, and 6 males flowering, but then only 6 clones/seedlings. The total count would remain the same (18), and the males would count against your veg limit.
I don't buy it. I've read the amendment and I am pretty sure you are correct, males count as soon as they are flowering and identifiable. Damn shame, because I would want males only long enough to collect pollen, if at all. I am limiting myself (and wife) to 12 flowering plants, counting the males we reverse from females even. I don't want to risk it now that we are finally legal.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Welcome to the 'farm' and fuck yeah to freedom in missouri and the 'great state of the Ozarks ' yes we are our own state.! i'm in the same area as you, more or less i assume ? @FourthCity is also right down the road as well and a super helpful dude. this is my 1st grow and i'm loving it! great hobby for someone like myself. can't wait to smoke the most expensive bag of dope ever, hahah. hope we get a hydroponic store open in the 573 area code here soon. rumor has it peace of mind in rolla is opening one, and so is madhatter's in st. robert but these cats can't get open soon enough and their losing money hand over fist, as i order from amazon once a week !
maybe someone will step up and start a 573 growers club ? could be elite, swap gear, share tips and tricks, seeds, laws etc anyway welcome and BOL to you and your garden

OG
fuck i'm stoned again...

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
I plan to proceed as though they count. That said, I just found an article indicating one could have 6 female flowering plants, and 6 males flowering, but then only 6 clones/seedlings. The total count would remain the same (18), and the males would count against your veg limit.
I don't buy it. I've read the amendment and I am pretty sure you are correct, males count as soon as they are flowering and identifiable. Damn shame, because I would want males only long enough to collect pollen, if at all. I am limiting myself (and wife) to 12 flowering plants, counting the males we reverse from females even. I don't want to risk it now that we are finally legal.

just sticking to females here for legal confusion reasons and i have no need for them bastards, got enough dudes in my crib as is. but on the legal side of things. to be clear, sorta of. i can have 12 of each since i'm growing for the' ol'lady' as well .
12 flower
12 clones
12 seedlings

OG

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter

grab some of this off the jungle for use on your tap water. removes everything and small tub will last a lifetime. i use a 1/2 tsp for 20 gallons here!! whoa

OG

IMG 8011
Top Bottom