greetings from the sunshine state

• Thread starter garybo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
garybo

garybo

We (ma and me) found the euphoria of smoking pot in the 1960’s and having been puffing since. I’m into my 5th year of retirement as well as 5th year growing our smoke clandestinely and outdoors on our farm in the great state of Florida.

Sativa is my choice of smoke and grows well in our climate. My typical crop consists of 80% sativa plants and 20% indica plants. I’m into my second year feeding with Mega Crop nutrients (very satisfactory I must say) and this year I'm playing around with NPK (https://npk-industries.com/} nutrients as needed. We grow in 10 gal fabric containers and water the plants with well water, though I’m hearing that tap water is preferred by some due to purifiers. I try to keep the ph at 5.2 to 5.8 and playing around with finding a correct ppm that best suit my plants. Last year we harvested 14 plants, which is about perfect for our personal consumption as well having excess for our guests.

Due to the excess of free-be seeds I’ve accumulated over the past few years we decided to germinate all the seeds in storage and start over next year with fresh ones. The germination success rate for the leftovers was 64%. The one’s that never developed were mostly the freebie's which were thrown in with purchases, they were probably DOA.

I’m toying with the plants we have in abundance,, such as experimenting with soil, nutrients and additives, one being Superthrive, which I’ve just received a small bottle from Amazon.

I'm not new to THCFARMER, I've been a lurker off and on for the past couple of years, as well as other forums. I liked this one the best due to the affable attitude from the majority of members.

Respectfully, garybo and the missus.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there I have a couple of ?’s for you. Have you ever considered growing in larger sized pots? Have you tried increasing your ph levels?

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
We (ma and me) found the euphoria of smoking pot in the 1960’s and having been puffing since. I’m into my 5th year of retirement as well as 5th year growing our smoke clandestinely and outdoors on our farm in the great state of Florida.

Sativa is my choice of smoke and grows well in our climate. My typical crop consists of 80% sativa plants and 20% indica plants. I’m into my second year feeding with Mega Crop nutrients (very satisfactory I must say) and this year I'm playing around with NPK (https://npk-industries.com/} nutrients as needed. We grow in 10 gal fabric containers and water the plants with well water, though I’m hearing that tap water is preferred by some due to purifiers. I try to keep the ph at 5.2 to 5.8 and playing around with finding a correct ppm that best suit my plants. Last year we harvested 14 plants, which is about perfect for our personal consumption as well having excess for our guests.

Due to the excess of free-be seeds I’ve accumulated over the past few years we decided to germinate all the seeds in storage and start over next year with fresh ones. The germination success rate for the leftovers was 64%. The one’s that never developed were mostly the freebie's which were thrown in with purchases, they were probably DOA.

I’m toying with the plants we have in abundance,, such as experimenting with soil, nutrients and additives, one being Superthrive, which I’ve just received a small bottle from Amazon.

I'm not new to THCFARMER, I've been a lurker off and on for the past couple of years, as well as other forums. I liked this one the best due to the affable attitude from the majority of members.

Respectfully, garybo and the missus.

welcome... theres a few florida boys on here, i even consider myself one (when convenient)... lots of great info here.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome and happy grows! Looking forward to your outdoor excursion.
Burnz

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
speaking of Florida boiz... @Moshmen where you at dawg

garybo

garybo

Hey there I have a couple of ?’s for you. Have you ever considered growing in larger sized pots? Have you tried increasing your ph levels?
Hey Rooke, 10 gal pots is about all I can manhandle when needed, I start in confined area until the plants gets about half way through veg, then I move then to a better secluded spot(s). The plants are 40 days old and getting around 700 ppm and gradudually increasing.
Actually, ppm growing is new to me, in the past I relied on manugacturer's specs for amount and kept the water close to 6, increased some during the end of flowering.

garybo

garybo

welcome... theres a few florida boys on here, i even consider myself one (when convenient)... lots of great info here.
jaguarlax, thankx for the warm welcoming, always nice to bump into a fellow cracker.

For those unfamiliar with the word "cracker", it represents a Floridian. In the old days, the Florida cowboys would run the cattle to Texas during the summer and likewise the Texans would run their cattle to Florida during the winter for feeding. Since the Florida boys carried long whips, which they used to snap the head off of rattlesnakes as well as keeping the cows in line. The Texans called the Florida boys "crackers" due to the sound made by the whip.

Top Bottom