Greetings & Salutations

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourPlants

FourPlants

Just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself and thank everyone for their contributions to this excellent resource. I am a new grower thanks to the elected leaders here in Virginia finally giving me the opportunity to legally undertake the cultivation of the garden I have dreamed of for many years.

I will be growing indoors and have already begun setting up my space.

I have a 360 square feet of total garage space which will be mix use (HVAC, Water Heater, Tools, Etc)

State laws allow me to grow four plants.

So far I have:
GGT 5x5
Growers Choice ROI-E680
AC Infinity T6
Active Air 6x18 Carbon Filter

I am planning on a DWC which I am still acquiring parts for. I am currently growing a Tabasco Pepper plant in soil just to get a feel for controlling environmental conditions and dialing in the setup.

Law officially changes July 1st which is when I really can start my grow. I have 12 strains and plan of my first grow being Colombian Jack.

I still need to add a window AC unit to really ensure I can control temp, planning on picking up a 15k BTU one this week. I'm sure I have some other things to get and figure out in the next few weeks.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I figure the post needs something to at least look at. Can't wait until I can start a grow diary to document how things are going.

That humidifier is not the actual unit I will be using, just something I had laying around to test with.

Tent
Cannafreak

Cannafreak

I figure the post needs something to at least look at. Can't wait until I can start a grow diary to document how things are going.

That humidifier is not the actual unit I will be using, just something I had laying around to test with.
Fellow Virginian and forum newby here. Nice setup. Looking forward to seeing how things develop for you.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Fellow Virginian and forum newby here. Nice setup. Looking forward to seeing how things develop for you.

Thanks! I hadn't checked back on my thread in a bit, was busy getting prepped. Today was the day. I have popped 4 kosher kush seeds and appear to have 100% germination rate as I can see tap roots on all four. Went into rapid rooter tonight.

Here is where my setup landed so far. DIY RDWC Four Site 23ish gallons. Will do proper measure on my next fill. My wife gave me the wooden tags for Father's day. Pretty happy with it so far. Don't appear to have any leaks.

I'm pretty stoked it is finally legal here.

Setup
FourPlants

FourPlants

Should I work my introduction thread or should I create a grow journal thread? Anyways, not a ton to report this morning. I have been keeping a composition book as a journal and plan to take good notes, hopefully I don't get lax on it. Anyone have good suggestions on what to record? How much detail is too much detail?

Lung room ambient tent
Lung room RH
Tent ambient temp
Tent RH
PH
PPM
Water Temp

General observations, thoughts, and feelings

I am brushing up on VPD and will be adding that to the journal once I get to that stage.

Also, have included my current crew, not married to any of it but will use it for now and make modifications as needed.

Chems
Cannafreak

Cannafreak

Thanks! I hadn't checked back on my thread in a bit, was busy getting prepped. Today was the day. I have popped 4 kosher kush seeds and appear to have 100% germination rate as I can see tap roots on all four. Went into rapid rooter tonight.

Here is where my setup landed so far. DIY RDWC Four Site 23ish gallons. Will do proper measure on my next fill. My wife gave me the wooden tags for Father's day. Pretty happy with it so far. Don't appear to have any leaks.

I'm pretty stoked it is finally legal here.
Great looking setup! My two cents is definitely start a grow diary thread. I am also quite stoked that we went legal here.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Yep do the diary it looks like you’ve done your homework. Good luck and if I can offer any advice it’s that less is more when it comes to nutes. Get a good ppm meter. And the more details the better if you are looking to get good advice the more we know the more we can help so lay it on. 🖖

FourPlants

FourPlants

Yep do the diary it looks like you’ve done your homework. Good luck and if I can offer any advice it’s that less is more when it comes to nutes. Get a good ppm meter. And the more details the better if you are looking to get good advice the more we know the more we can help so lay it on. 🖖

I am using a Milwaukee mw802

Mw802
Madbud

Madbud

Should I work my introduction thread or should I create a grow journal thread? Anyways, not a ton to report this morning. I have been keeping a composition book as a journal and plan to take good notes, hopefully I don't get lax on it. Anyone have good suggestions on what to record? How much detail is too much detail?

Lung room ambient tent
Lung room RH
Tent ambient temp
Tent RH
PH
PPM
Water Temp

General observations, thoughts, and feelings

I am brushing up on VPD and will be adding that to the journal once I get to that stage.

Also, have included my current crew, not married to any of it but will use it for now and make modifications as needed.
The promix bale! I got one from walmart, like 90% peat, surprisingly moist. I mixed it with ocean forest and a handful of course perlite, then let it stabilize for a week. Works ok. Good luck.

FourPlants

FourPlants

The promix bale! I got one from walmart, like 90% peat, surprisingly moist. I mixed it with ocean forest and a handful of course perlite, then let it stabilize for a week. Works ok. Good luck.

Ah, that is not for the ladies. I use that and/or happy frog in whatever ratios I have available for my container vegetable garden on my deck. The ladies are growing in water.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Nice setup, welcome to the farm. Looking forward to watching this grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom