Greets from a "rookie"...

• Thread starter Krick77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krick77

Krick77

Hello.. In reality, I guess the single seed I planted in a 5" pot with backyard dirt when I was 17, got to about 4" tall and 3 leaves...doesnt count, so I am indeed a legit rookie..

Now, some 20+ years things have changed quite a bit... Im ready to give it a go again, thinking about a DWC setup in an attic space above my garage. Full size attic, basically just an unfinished future bedroom. So the space is there, but there is zero insulation, studs and roof joists still exposed, etc... So when it gets hot in there, its hot..and same for cold.

Im planning to get a 4x4 tent setup going in early 2021, mid-January or so.. In my area, outdoor temps are well below 32* during Winter and no way to keep the tent room with any heat at all.. My concern is how to ensure the inside of tent warm enough, and not also warm up water too much. From reading up, it seems I want to target about 75-80* for air temps and 65-70* for water temp. I was also considering a 2nd bucket to act as a reservoir, ease of access to test water and make adjustments without disturbing main pot. I understand main pot will still need monitoring for O2 and mold issues, etc..

Heating pad or small space heater plugged into a controller of some sort? I will have whatever heat the LED lights generate, a small fan to move air, etc... Obviously I cant have the water freeze up, so I need to keep that warmed somehow...

Ideas, tips, comments, etc?....

Top Bottom