Greyskull's Trimbox Technique

• Thread starter Greyskull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greyskull

Greyskull

Aloha everyone.
I hate trimming with scissors. Actually, I just hate trimming in general. It takes forvever, its messy, and it's a necessary pain in the ass part of the growing equation (unless you hire professional trimmers).
So I bought a Trimbox and have been a happy camper ever since.

Before I get to my technique here's a few Q's I've been hit with before...
"Doesn't it take off all your trichs?" NO. Not if you immediately trim your buds after chopping them off the plant.
"Doesn't it make your buds look bad?" NO. As long as you "feel" your way thru the action you will have beautiful buds. DO NOT PUSH BUDS THRU THE GRATE!
"Isn't that thing loud?" YES. Its like a lawn mower - plan to use it accordingly.

Step 1 - select plant.
Step 2 - remove big fan leaves.
Step 3 - cut off branches into nice "drumsticks"
Step 4 - gather "drumsticks" and keep near Trimbox
Step 5 -BEFORE PASSING OVER THE TRIMBOX
Step 6 & 6a - Gently pass buds over the grate. Be sure to rotate the stem to trim all voer buds.
Step 7 - AFTER PASSING OVER THE TRIMBOX
Step 8 - DONE and on to the next...
Step 9 - time to hang them up...

Step 10 - Hanging.... in primo conditions (70-75f, 40-45rh) buds will be dry in about 4 days.

Once the buds are snapping off of the branches (they are dry), the buds will be cleaned up (to remove excess fan leaves.. will be super easy as they wil pretty much fall right off the branches with minimal effort) before
being weighed and either mvoed or placed into jars for cure. Will be sure to post pics of this stepin a few days...

*The pics are in chronological order (same order of the steps).

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6
Step 6b
Step 7
Step 7 3
Step 7 4
Step 7d
Step 8
Step 9
manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Gonna have to get one of those.Trimming a few pounds at a time is a PAIN IN THE ASS!Good work GS~

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

yeah, I'm gettin' one too. Trimming leaves is messy, time consuming and gives you sticky fingers!

S

ScrogaholiC

nice greyscull ... how much was it ... im too lazy to have a look lol

the only good thing about trimming is when its over:time it took me sooo long the last two days, my body freaked out ... but its all for the sweet :weed-sign: bros

M

medicaluser700

Thats a real informative tutorial you've got up there. You really cover how to use it. It's all about the drumstick thing huh..

I got a trimbox awhile back mainly cause I saw how well it was working for you Grey.
I gave it a shot, but I just couldn't really get into it. It's collecting dust in the corner now.
I'm used to cutting my plants down and hanging em to dry for a week or so and then I trim em when they are close to stem snap. It's a chore though. I've never been able to trim wet which is one of my issues with the trimbox. The other issue is noise like you said it is loud as fuck. I found the only place I could do it was in the growroom[insulated] otherwise it was just too loud and could be heard outside. I like to sit and listen to music or watch movies when I trim I know it's not the most efficient method haha.

For someone wanting to tear through the job grey's method totally works although you will most likely have to do some touch up on them with fiskars. Also big nugs are best for this machine my smaller stuff was real difficult to trim with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom