• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
For the cheapest prices:
In terms of value it’s hard to beat the half pound bags, depends on how much you grow though.

5 and 10 Lb bags are obviously cheaper but much less practical.
(I love the 5 Lb bags to store small buds and larf though, more practical for that)
FD53E846 A2BD 4AF7 968F EA1C09CF77D2

Panhead59

Panhead59

14g 1/2 oz. Are 5x8 1/4". 28g. 1 oz. Are 6 3/8 x 9". Don't know about 7g size.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
6 1/2" x 4 1/8 for the 7g
ill get up and go measure the rest give me 5 min

Panhead59

Panhead59

1/4 lb. = 9 1/2 x 11 1/2". 1/2 lb. = 11 1/2 x 14 3/4". Give or take a 1/16.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
there are different sizes of some of the bigger ones. i have a soft white one that is half a pound and it is square, but the black ones are rectangle.

and the 1/4 oz ones that have pictures of the different strains are a bit different than the black ones.

you can call them! they answer me every time. or you can email them too. these are some great people and they seem very knowledgeable too.

they do a lot of other stuff too, they can personalize them for you! just call them up, they actually answer their own phone!

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Their own phone is answered by actual reps from the company who want to help customers? GTFO of town! 😂

Question, are these bags gonna do what I need em to do? Keep a super terpy taste and smell etc.? Idk wtf im doin in cure or drying process and need to work that part out before i flip to 12/12...so from 1-10, ten being the best solution...how do ya rate these bags for beginners?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
heres an interesting thing...

i have been using the grove bags from the very beginning. but when i started, i was smoking faster than i was growing.

as it went, and especially after i started the second tent, i caught up with my habit!

at first i messed with extraction stuff, then qwiso and i was doing stuff with my collection of larf so my "stash" grew.

time went by and i pulled out one of the older ones that had been there for about 60 days, and WOW!!!

well, just yesterday i found a paper bag i stuck away during the time of moms funeral when family was stopping by. it had several (some from way before i labeled them!!) color me amazed!!!

im not sure at what point they stop getting better, but OMG! these were even better than i would have guessed.

i credit the grove bags! lol, but as i said, i have only used them, never a jar or anything.

but also, i have never burped or had to worry about light or humidity or anything. the grove bags do it all!

i write the weight on them as i bag them and they never lose any weight! biggest thing is the smells and flavors come through. i didnt think i cared, but that was back before i knew there was a difference!!!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
im a beginner and it was easy. 10 of 10, best solution ever!

the first round i planted 4 and they came in. i ended up with about 10 ozs. i cant believe this, but i was out pretty fast and i made all the rooky mistakes. too early, too dry, too wet...

so i wanted the bags to make up for all that! they werent!!! so i called, and a really knowledgeable guy answered and we talked and i asked every dumb question you can think of. you have to remember i had one grow and no knowledge. he was sooooo patient!

he didnt laugh when i didnt know that moisture and humidity were not the same and not measured the same. he explained how to move it through the process, use a moisture meter and how to dial it all in.

when i was done, and by the second grow, i had staggered starting and was having something come in every 2 or 3 weeks. so i really got the bags and my numbers for the process down, it is almost automated now.

i LOVE these bags!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!

easy and pretty exact numbers to get it from cut to stored!

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

im a beginner and it was easy. 10 of 10, best solution ever!

the first round i planted 4 and they came in. i ended up with about 10 ozs. i cant believe this, but i was out pretty fast and i made all the rooky mistakes. too early, too dry, too wet...

so i wanted the bags to make up for all that! they werent!!! so i called, and a really knowledgeable guy answered and we talked and i asked every dumb question you can think of. you have to remember i had one grow and no knowledge. he was sooooo patient!

he didnt laugh when i didnt know that moisture and humidity were not the same and not measured the same. he explained how to move it through the process, use a moisture meter and how to dial it all in.

when i was done, and by the second grow, i had staggered starting and was having something come in every 2 or 3 weeks. so i really got the bags and my numbers for the process down, it is almost automated now.

i LOVE these bags!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!

easy and pretty exact numbers to get it from cut to stored!
Any type of moisture meter you recommend? You are using one for lumber correct?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
yes. i am using one for wood. i like the ones with the longer probes. but that is just me, there is no good reason.

the thing you are looking for is that it is consistent. even if it is wrong, as long as it is the same wrong every time that is ok.

so, i went through the whole thing and dried a bud and everything. in the end i found my meter reads about 18 - 25 when it is in a certain size bud.

i initially picked a bud and tested a few sizes and found one that i found easy to put the probes in and thick enough and long enough and all and from then on i use that size and base it all on that.

on mine i cut the plant and hang it till the meter in that size bud reads 40%. i hang the whole plant most of the time, so i cut the stems off at this point and put it in a paper bag. the stems keep the buds from all piling on top of each other in the bag. i leave it like this till it hits 20% and then i put them in the grove bag.

in the beginning i use to put a rh meter in the bag and watch it, but now i get pretty consistent results so i just seal it and stash it!

on mine, i got a couple of moisture meters and reconfigured things a little so i can leave it in the bud and it hits the setting and sends an alert to my phone.

so basically i cut it, hang it and dont open the door again till i get the alert. i move it to the bag in the dark too (not sure if it makes a difference, but i dont have a light in that closet.) then i leave it till i get the next alert and move it to a grove bag and stash it away.

for the numbers, i just did the first few how i thought, and noted the numbers, when it made it right, i stuck with those numbers. each meter i tried was a different reading. so the number is not as important as the consistency of the readings.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Been using them for a yr now, was no way I was doing the jar method again after having to burp 20 jars my 1st grow. Only thing better than these would be an actual cure room (no jars or bags) imo
I gotta laugh on this one.

Imagine how much time goes into burping marijuana.

Imagine the carbon footprint ..all those burping ladies
A few plants; sure why not. Labor of love but what about hundreds of plants;or even thousands?
You would need a glass factory.
And a powerplant to to run it.
And don't forget the sand.

I use rooms. rooms made with oak.

Top Bottom