Grove bags,drying, curing opinions

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

Ckecking out these Grove bags for curing. Anybody have experience and opinions regarding them ? Seems like it would take some of the guesswork/risks out of the curing process. Seems too good to be true !!!! Thoughts ?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ckecking out these Grove bags for curing. Anybody have experience and opinions regarding them ? Seems like it would take some of the guesswork/risks out of the curing process. Seems too good to be true !!!! Thoughts ?

I actually just ordered some.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Let us know your thoughts. They look nice but it does seem too good to be true.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Let us know your thoughts. They look nice but it does seem too good to be true.

I think the only thing about these which is different than putting in jars is there is no need to burp or add Beveda pac’s. Just heat seal the bag closed and store away.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Ya I wanna see what ppl think as well I never heard of these and just looked them up. Look very interesting

freezeland2

freezeland2

I can say they ship fast from Grove. Ordered yesterday and received today. No special expedited shipping. FedEx ground and I am a few states away from them.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i am using them. i like them and they work great. i put some in a month ago and it weighs the exact same and smells great and seems to be perfectly curing.

i ordered a few different ones and one size came messed up, i emailed and they called and had me a replacement in a couple days. he gladly spoke with me on specifics, it was great.

i did it as it said on the site, i dried, sweated then bagged. they have a ziplock so you dont have to heat seal it although you can.

overall i am pleased and will buy more as needed.

at first i used a gauge and checked the humidity but found it to be spot on.

i use a moisture meter and it seems to do the trick. im very happy with them!

...and... i put an avocado in one and i was pleasantly surprised that it didnt turn at all!

freezeland2

freezeland2

How are the zippers? Seem like they will last?
Yes they’ll last. Just be gentle and not rip it open. When closing make sure to check nothing is in the zipper when you seal it closed. I used 1/4 oz bags and weighed 7 g of flower to each bag. If I would have been thinking I would have used a 1/2 lb bag for the cure and then transfer to the 1/4 oz bags when done curing. I may still do that. I got large 1/2 lb bags too.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Been using them for a yr now, was no way I was doing the jar method again after having to burp 20 jars my 1st grow. Only thing better than these would be an actual cure room (no jars or bags) imo
If your dry tent stays at optimal temp and humidity why can’t you just leave them? My basement is 70F and about 58RH constantly. I should be able to just leave them there to cure as well in theory right? It’s perfect storage temps and RH already so why not? If not someone tell me why…

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

If your dry tent stays at optimal temp and humidity why can’t you just leave them? My basement is 70F and about 58RH constantly. I should be able to just leave them there to cure as well in theory right? It’s perfect storage temps and RH already so why not? If not someone tell me why…
It’s not air tight. I’m not smart enough to explain all the science behind it but i believe it’s got to do with anaerobic bacteria which don’t survive if oxygen is present. This could be outdated info but I still say cure in air tight. There is a reason everyone does it that way

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

That is just for 1 lb. And up ? A whole case.
I’m not sure what you mean I’m a little high so maybe I’m missing something but I could only find cases of 100. It was like 400$ something. Out of my price range at the moment.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
It’s not air tight. I’m not smart enough to explain all the science behind it but i believe it’s got to do with anaerobic bacteria which don’t survive if oxygen is present. This could be outdated info but I still say cure in air tight. There is a reason everyone does it that way
I may do some more digging about this it makes me really wonder. Anyone else know absolutely why? I’ll be harvesting my first crop this week I can’t wait!! Well actually I can and I will!! Not gonna mess up and chop early I’m waiting till the trichomes tell me it’s time!

Top Bottom