Grove bags,drying, curing opinions

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FirstBud

FirstBud

I have been curing in grove bags for a week now. So far so good. Should only get better over the next week or two. I dried and then paper bag sweated before placing in grove bags. I’ll be buying more from Grove.
1st time grower, what does paper bag sweating mean, how do you do it and why after drying and before Grove bag.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

lol freeze posted up the link for my webtarded ass and I ordered them last night in a late night impulse buy ooof. Thank you for the offer though that is very kind of you. @lvstealth

11Hick11

11Hick11

Just got the 1lb pack in. Anyone know if you can use a big bag and have less product in it and if it still works properly?

karolanne

karolanne

how do you use it? You place your weed still humid in it?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I know you can call or email them and they get back to you with any info you need. They are great

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
You use it like a mason jar. You still hang them to dry, then sweat them, then put them in bags not jars. No burping, just leave them.

freezeland2

freezeland2

1st time grower, what does paper bag sweating mean, how do you do it and why after drying and before Grove bag.
When you dry you dry until the bud feels crisp on the outside but if squeezed the bud should be marshmallow like. At that point in to a paper bag. Burp the bag a few times a day and turn buds over. The purpose of the bag is to slow the drying. Once in a bag the moisture in the bud will work it’s way out. You end up with a more even dried bud. Hence sweating out in a paper bag. You keep it in the bag until the small branches on the bud snap away from the stems when bent. At that point you are ready to cure. I am curing in grove bags. Most people use mason jars for the cure phase.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

How are the zippers? Seem like they will last?
I ordered 20 bags last year and haven’t had a need to buy more. I heat sealed a few for storage and left enough room to to cut it open and not damage the seal,
53D0EAE9 3BE7 4BA6 869B 69C88218ECCE

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

Well, this is my first grow and after doing research, I decided that I didn't want to deal with the hassle of mason jars. So here is my experience so far, from an absolute newbie point of view. Besides, I have to go out of town and burping jars ain't gonna work.

I bought the ¼lb bags, both in absurd hopes for the harvest and not wanting to deal with many bags. Hubby and I together go through around 3oz/month, so one Grove bag for each month will work out perfectly. I first dry the wet weed on racks in front of a fan. After 2-3 days, I start measuring the moisture lever with a wood tester and when the buds hit 10-15% moisture, they go into the Grove bags.

Problem is that I'm in the Desert Southwest and when the larger buds are ready to go into the bag, the small ones with no stem to measure moisture are over dried. So, once I out all of them in a bag, I throw a hygrometer in. They are always in the 40% humidity range at that point. So I took square inch piece of microfiber towel (you can see the yellow square inside the single bag pic), moistened it and throw it in the newly filled bag. Once the humidity is in the low 60s after several hours, I pull out the microfiber towel, seal it up and I'm done, except for checking the humidity inside for a few days by throwing in the hygrometer.

Oh, I've opened and closed these bags too many times to count as I consolidate them after I'm satisfied that the weed is at the right condition. The ziplocks are still like new. I don't understand why people have problems with them. Maybe the size of the bags?
PXL 20210718 194806122

PXL 20210720 182305559
PXL 20210720 181059588
freezeland2

freezeland2

Well, this is my first grow and after doing research, I decided that I didn't want to deal with the hassle of mason jars. So here is my experience so far, from an absolute newbie point of view. Besides, I have to go out of town and burping jars ain't gonna work.

I bought the ¼lb bags, both in absurd hopes for the harvest and not wanting to deal with many bags. Hubby and I together go through around 3oz/month, so one Grove bag for each month will work out perfectly. I first dry the wet weed on racks in front of a fan. After 2-3 days, I start measuring the moisture lever with a wood tester and when the buds hit 10-15% moisture, they go into the Grove bags.

Problem is that I'm in the Desert Southwest and when the larger buds are ready to go into the bag, the small ones with no stem to measure moisture are over dried. So, once I out all of them in a bag, I throw a hygrometer in. They are always in the 40% humidity range at that point. So I took square inch piece of microfiber towel (you can see the yellow square inside the single bag pic), moistened it and throw it in the newly filled bag. Once the humidity is in the low 60s after several hours, I pull out the microfiber towel, seal it up and I'm done, except for checking the humidity inside for a few days by throwing in the hygrometer.

Oh, I've opened and closed these bags too many times to count as I consolidate them after I'm satisfied that the weed is at the right condition. The ziplocks are still like new. I don't understand why people have problems with them. Maybe the size of the bags?View attachment 1147913
I don’t have issues with the zip locks on the grove bags either. Those bags do what they say. I bet you could stop with that micro fiber towel. It might take a little longer to reach the 58 - 62% range in the grove bag but I bet it eventually will within a day.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
dry your plant to 35-40% not 15%, then put in paper bags and gently turn when you think of it, for a day or two in your heat. that redistributes the moisture from inside to outside. then when it gets to 15% put in the bags.

on their site there are instructions to sweat them (that is what they are calling the paper bag step). i find it works much better doing that method. i dont even look at the stems or if they snap. i did find that if i leave it all on the stem it holds the buds apart so they dont sit on each other in the bags.

here i have to leave them in the bags for a several days, you should be less time in the desert.

sweating cannabis

elduderito

elduderito

so are people finding that you don't need to heat seal the bags to get good results? looking to give these a shot

freezeland2

freezeland2

so are people finding that you don't need to heat seal the bags to get good results? looking to give these a shot
No not necessary to heat seal, but be sure you have it zipped good. There is no harm in heat sealing the very end of the bag. When you open just cut the bag above the zip lock so you can close it.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Does anyone know the dimensions of the 7g, 14g and 28g bags?

Doesn't seem to be on their website.

Top Bottom