Grove bags, who uses them? Pros/cons?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

So normally I'm a Mason jar gal, but this year was a bountiful harvest, so I need something bigger. Who uses grove bags? How do they compare to jars? I know you don't have to burp, or so they say, but do they work as good as they claim they do? If your buds are a little too dry, do they let humidity in as well? Any tips from people that use them are appreciated, thanks!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yes they work as advertised. They maintain a proper rh of 58 - 62%. They breath both ways. The key is proper dry and then sweat before going in to the groves. Just be sure and seal good and closed leaving some free space in the bags.

TSD

TSD

Yes they work as advertised. They maintain a proper rh of 58 - 62%. They breath both ways. The key is proper dry and then sweat before going in to the groves. Just be sure and seal good and closed leaving some free space in the bags.
That's mostly what I wanted to know, if they worked as advertised and if they breath both ways. I have had an order of them in my cart for a few days but I've been hesitant. I gotta do something... too much to use all Mason jars and I have a bunch in paper bags waiting to cure... so guess I'll pull the trigger. Thanks!

TSD

TSD

One more thing... where does everyone store the bags once they are full? I was thinking of putting them in a cooler and opening it periodically... I don't have the perfect environment for them after my dry space is done and closed up for the winter.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
That's mostly what I wanted to know, if they worked as advertised and if they breath both ways. I have had an order of them in my cart for a few days but I've been hesitant. I gotta do something... too much to use all Mason jars and I have a bunch in paper bags waiting to cure... so guess I'll pull the trigger. Thanks!
grove bags are great, here is a code to save $10 on your order 🧑‍🌾

CLV4RZ

Madmax

Madmax

Jesus..they have a super sac liner..lol. 200lb frock thats a biggen..

Rooke

Rooke

Heya y’all I’m just curious if you have tried the heavy duty leaf bags they are large and quite thick. Once my branches are dry enough I put them inside them and fold the top over and leave them for a couple of days to equalize the moisture in them to around 60% rh if they are to high I open them and let them breathe then close them shut and repeat they are curing at this stage and then you can leave them for a week then jar or I put the buds no stems into ice cream pails to continue curing. I think the thickness of the bags and controlling the rh in your room to 60 ish % is key hope this helps!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I ordered grove bags on 1012. In Calley. Still haven’t received them, so be prepared for a possible wait. I’ll check the tracking again.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I ordered thirty 1oz size bags, paid about $15 for shipping and got them in 3 days. Wanted to place another order for twenty 2oz and four 1/4lb but shipping quote was almost $50. I'm playing with the quantities but still getting quotes that seem way too high. They charged a $4.95 "box and material" fee on my 1oz bags being a build your own selection but they came in a simple thin plastic mailer envelope.
I first saw these bags at the hydroshop in 1lb sizes and I liked them but those were too big. I think I'll go back to the hydroshop and see if they can order smaller sizes to avoid any xtra shipping and handling fees.

Other than that I'm impressed so far. I like how they store. Not bulky like jars or Cvaults so I can fit more in my storage fridge. Terp loc tech seems legit. Opened one up and the weed was stinky AF so things are getting loud in there. I can fit much more than 1oz in the 1oz bags and still have some headspace. I average about 65 grams per 1oz bag.
Previous to using these I've used jars, then Cvaults w/ Boveda, then parchment paper lined vacuum sealed bags with Boveda, and now Grove. So far I think it's as good as my vacuum bags, way better than Cvault, and jars don't compare. I base my rankings off quality of cure, light proof, storage space efficiency, and cost

TSD

TSD

I ordered thirty 1oz size bags, paid about $15 for shipping and got them in 3 days. Wanted to place another order for twenty 2oz and four 1/4lb but shipping quote was almost $50. I'm playing with the quantities but still getting quotes that seem way too high. They charged a $4.95 "box and material" fee on my 1oz bags being a build your own selection but they came in a simple thin plastic mailer envelope.
I first saw these bags at the hydroshop in 1lb sizes and I liked them but those were too big. I think I'll go back to the hydroshop and see if they can order smaller sizes to avoid any xtra shipping and handling fees.

Other than that I'm impressed so far. I like how they store. Not bulky like jars or Cvaults so I can fit more in my storage fridge. Terp loc tech seems legit. Opened one up and the weed was stinky AF so things are getting loud in there. I can fit much more than 1oz in the 1oz bags and still have some headspace. I average about 65 grams per 1oz bag.
Previous to using these I've used jars, then Cvaults w/ Boveda, then parchment paper lined vacuum sealed bags with Boveda, and now Grove. So far I think it's as good as my vacuum bags, way better than Cvault, and jars don't compare. I base my rankings off quality of cure, light proof, storage space efficiency, and cost
I'm loving them too... I was impressed with how fast things got to smelling delicious.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
15 bucks shipping for 10 Quarter pounder’s and 10 Ouncer’s. Order stalled out in Lexington Kentucky so I called customer service and they got it moving and delivered. You should call them and ask why they’re jacking you for so much shipping. I found them easy to get a hold of. Won’t know if there any good till about nine months from now.

D

dean1963

i know this is an old post, but what exactly do you mean by dry and sweat?
i thought i had the dry and cure thing down by slowly drying until the buds felt slightly crisp then into a jar with a moisture meter and burping.
i just got grove bags and really don't want to make another mistake.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So it was my first grow but I went with both jars with bodiva packs and grove bags, I would say for ease of use the grove bags where great and end product was indistinguishable from the jar cured buds after a month (I did half a plant in jars and the other half of the same plant in the bags)

I did notice that my grove bags RH dropped after about 25 days, more so than the jars by about 4% on average (I kept a RH/Temp monitors in all jars and bags to compare) i would say they are worth it I’d curious to see how they do with a 2nd use on the next run

Old post I know but figured I’d toss my experience with them in here

freezeland2

freezeland2

i know this is an old post, but what exactly do you mean by dry and sweat?
i thought i had the dry and cure thing down by slowly drying until the buds felt slightly crisp then into a jar with a moisture meter and burping.
i just got grove bags and really don't want to make another mistake.
Sometimes buds will dry on the outside to fast but yet the inside is still at a high moisture level. Sweating in a paper bag helps to allow that inner moisture to distribute throughout the bud facilitating a more even dry. Sweating is not always necessary. It’s typically required when your challenged with a low rh drying environment. If you got a slow dry over 7 - 14 days and the bud feels crispy yet is marshmallow like when squeezed, and that moisture meter reads 10 - 12 % bag it in the groves. I recommend heat seal but their zip locks do seal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom