Grow #2 - Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold Feminized

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

We have begun planning our second grow. Our first is about a month away from harvest, so we're looking forward to applying what we have learned. Another positive is that we'll be starting with most of the equipment we'll need. During the first grow, we just added things as issues arose.

Strain: Barney’s Farm Acapulco Gold, feminized
Soil: Fox Farm Happy Frog
Nutrients: Mostly Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Also Bloom City Clean Kelp.
Pots: AC Infinity 7-gallon fabric
Drainage: Trivets & saucers
Growth Method: Topping and LST
Number of Plants: 4
Start Date: Late September

ninjadip

ninjadip

That's so cool! I'm in the same place you are! I'm also about a month away on my first grow/flower, and already planning my second grow.
What size tent, ventilation, and what lights are you using?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

That's so cool! I'm in the same place you are! I'm also about a month away on my first grow/flower, and already planning my second grow.
What size tent, ventilation, and what lights are you using?
We have a 48x48x80 tent and two Viparspectra XS2000 lights. For ventilation, we have an AC Infinity S6 and have the Controller 69 WiFi on order. It's supposed to ship soon.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

We have begun planning our second grow. Our first is about a month away from harvest, so we're looking forward to applying what we have learned. Another positive is that we'll be starting with most of the equipment we'll need. During the first grow, we just added things as issues arose.

Strain: Barney’s Farm Acapulco Gold, feminized
Soil: Fox Farm Happy Frog
Nutrients: Mostly Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Also Bloom City Clean Kelp.
Pots: AC Infinity 7-gallon fabric
Drainage: Trivets & saucers
Growth Method: Topping and LST
Number of Plants: 4
Start Date: Late September

That's fkin awesome and I'd like to follow along if ya don't mind. I'm growing 2 Barneys Farms fems right now. The 1st seeds I ever bought were last year and they were some White Widows and some Acapulco Golds. Would be cool to see them grown. Are they supposed to grow taller than avg?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

That's fkin awesome and I'd like to follow along if ya don't mind. I'm growing 2 Barneys Farms fems right now. The 1st seeds I ever bought were last year and they were some White Widows and some Acapulco Golds. Would be cool to see them grown. Are they supposed to grow taller than avg?
You're welcome to follow the thread. I considered White Widow and may grow some in the future.

I've never grown this modernized version of Acapulco Gold, so I don't have many answers about growing it. For this grow, I'm thinking about flipping them when they're 18 to 24 inches tall. I believe I may have let my first plants grow too big, which made them hard to manage. I learned a lot from my first grow and from this forum, so I'm eager to start the next grow and hopefully do better.

Sativa typically grows taller than other strains. My understanding is that this strain isn't typical sativa. It (supposedly) has been bred to provide a similar experience as the Acapulco Gold of long ago. There was a long discussion about this strain in this thread: barneys farm Acapulco gold grow. Some folks thought it looked more like an indica strain. Appearances can be deceiving, though.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Good luck
Thanks! I'm hoping I won't need luck, but I'll take it if I can get it. Even though grow #1 was a disaster due to spider mites, I learned a lot and am eager to begin grow #2. I'll have more to write about it soon.