Grow 2 - Indoor - Auto Bluetooth, Caramelicious and Magnum from MSNL

• Thread starter Gashuffer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

No ots safe for plants , pets and humans. It is a specific bacteria that only hurts mosquitos and gnats.

And i never had a problem with de affecting ph. I think its in an inert form until broken down into salicitic acid a little at a time. But is makes a sludgy mess and if too much top dressed it will start to hold more water clogging drainage.

I didnt use it for long. I wanted it for bug protection and silica availability.

got it. Sounds like Bti is what I’ll run with.

since I’m using airpots, do I need to get every hole in the pot with some amount the bti? I hope I don’t have to spray each one....lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

got it. Sounds like Bti is what I’ll run with.

since I’m using airpots, do I need to get every hole in the pot with some amount the bti? I hope I don’t have to spray each one....lol

Its mixed in water. Its a root drench. You kill the larvae in the soil and catch the adult fliers on the yellow sticky cards. Well they eat the bacteria and it messes them up. Its all natural. Its not poison.

Please do some research on fungus gnats. It is a common problem. Tons of info online.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Its mixed in water. Its a root drench. You kill the larvae in the soil and catch the adult fliers on the yellow sticky cards. Well they eat the bacteria and it messes them up. Its all natural. Its not poison.

Please do some research on fungus gnats. It is a common problem. Tons of info online.

Yup, as soon as Aqua mentioned fungal gnats I started reading and came here for other solutions and opinions on their use. I have zero concerns with doing my own research, but, there’s a lot of false information out there so it’s good to have different data points, this forum being one of mine.

thank you all for the input! It’s greatly appreciated!

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Alright folks. Fungus gnats seem to be at bay, or in a lull in their lifecycle. I’ve sprayed once with a h202 mixture while I wait for my BTI to come. But from the sounds of it, the BTI will wipe it out, so I’m minimally concerned.

Here we are at day 16 from seedlings breaking thru the ground. So, I did some LST and HST...which I’m sure I’ll get heckled about.

I bent over Caramelicious and Magnum and I topped my Bluetooth, which was what I grew last time. My intention is to mainline , so likely top one more time in a week and will see how it goes! Granted, there are many variables that are different from this grow to the last, this HST is just one of them.

I took a video of my topping her, granted, my hand is blocking much of the shot but, darn it, I took it so I’ll post it anyway.

Carmelicious and Magnum LST

37BF376C 2DDF 4D1C 8E44 A79746DD73C3

7940EE1A CB13 47EC 8E7F 9649EFA93B38

Bluetooth before top

69DB1A1A CB44 4B13 8BA5 D66C282ADACF

Bluetooth after top and tie
ECF9BCA3 BC73 4B9C BDB5 DB8F1558EEE2

video of top and tie

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Idk if you will be able to top a second time before flower w an auto, but good luck!

we shall see. I’ll play it by ear tho. If it looks like flower has started when I can top again, I won’t.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Day 23 from soil breach.

Fungus Gnat Update -
The adult gnats are no where to be found. I let the soil dry out through this last week and kept spraying H202 every couple of days onto the soil surface. Hopefully that killed the majority of the population. However, BTI came so I applied it to my feed this morning. I assume that there are still live larva in the soil somewhere, so hopefully the BTI saturation puts an ends to it. Since the soil is now wet and I should see adults in a few days, if the larva survived.

Watering today
Nutrients - week 3 fox farm trio at 1/4 strength ( first feeding of nutrients of plants)
Epsom salt - 1/4tsp/gal
Superthrive - 1/4tsp/gal

I fed about 1.5 gal total volume. So around 6Liters. Each plant had about .7-1L of runoff. These airpots are proving to absorb LESS water then my first grow and can go for longer. I was having to water every 3-4 days with solid walled pots. But I went an entire week here with no issues at all.

Each absorbed about 1 to 1.4L of water. Solidwalls were pretty consistently absorbing 1.8-2L every watering.

pHPPM
Source6.6542
Bluetooth runoff7.4682
Magnum runoff7.5687
Carm runoff7.5940

Magnum and Carm both got some defoliation and LST
Bluetooth got another top. I believe I still about a week until flower, based on my last grow with this strain. I'm interested to see how she does through the rest of the grow, compared to my last grow.

Group Shot
Group Shot   7132020

Magnum Pre Anything
Magnum   Pre LST   7132020

Magnum Post LST/Defol
Magnum   Post LST and Defol   7132020

Carm Pre Anything
Carm   Pre LST   7132020

Carm - Post LST/Defol
Carm   Post LST and Defol   7132020

Bluetooth Pre Anything
BlueTooth Pre 2nd Top   7132020

Bluetooth Post Top for continued Mainlining trial
BlueTooth Post 2nd Top   7132020

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Is it just me or is that a pretty alkaline runoff? Looking good, especially stem strength.

I agree, it is pretty alkaline. My last grow the runoff was always in the low to mid 6s. Maybe it’s because the soil itself hasn’t had many watering yet?

We shall see as I record this every watering.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I agree, it is pretty alkaline. My last grow the runoff was always in the low to mid 6s. Maybe it’s because the soil itself hasn’t had many watering yet?

We shall see as I record this every watering.
The amount of ppm it picked up for carm seems pretty significant to me. I guess something to monitor.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

The amount of ppm it picked up for carm seems pretty significant to me. I guess something to monitor.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it now. Here are the runoff numbers for the 3 plants from the beginning. My source pH on 7/7 was high because I had pHed a bucket on 7/2 and only used half. So, I just used the rest of it without checking it on 7/7 until AFTER I watered. I'll be checking BEFORE each watering from now on, OR mixing up new batches for each watering.

But, you see for whatever reason, Magnum's PPM was super high the first water. I mixed the soil up in one big bin and then filled each Airpot. So, they should have all the same mixture. But maybe there was an unmixed portion in the soil of Magnum that didn't get mixed fully with the rest. I assume it will level off as I water with runoff.

Ina

Ina

I think you should water by hand /spray bottle.They are just three plants:)This doesnt look saturated well.These pots dry out more on the sides,they should be really,really wet and then leaved dry out enough and then really wet:)I didnt see them wet at all:)
This system is looking cool but it doesnt work well for now and for small plants in enormous pots,may be when they are a little bigger......

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I think you should water by hand /spray bottle.They are just three plants:)This doesnt look saturated well.These pots dry out more on the sides,they should be really,really wet and then leaved dry out enough and then really wet:)I didnt see them wet at all:)
This system is looking cool but it doesnt work well for now and for small plants in enormous pots,may be when they are a little bigger......

Fair enough. The pics of preLST were also pre water. The post pics were after water. You can for sure see a difference in soil color all the way to the outer edges.

I can give hand watering a try and see if there’s a difference

Reactions: Ina
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Noticed a casualty today on Magnum. :( it seems I must have cracked her during LST and didn’t notice.

The crack already had dried out pretty good so I assume it was from Sunday. I just finished her off and will see how the rest goes!

F754875E 9DB0 41CE 80F1 AEEE5D3FAB36

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Don’t worry....I’ll try cloning for the hell of it. I’m sure it’ll fail, but why not?

C79C6AAD B322 40B7 85D7 FEF19139C539

last grow I was all over LST, this one I apparently let it go too long and the stem got too hard. Now I know to be more gradual when I do it later.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Cloning autos usually fails bc the clone is still on that same timer I think. Need photos!

But yes, why not.

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yup, that’s been in everything I’ve read from forums to more official journals to other grow sites. All say clones on autos don’t work. We shall see if I can even get it to root tho!

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Day 31 from breaking ground Check-in:

fungus gnats are no where. So thanks all for the inputs.

Also, this was a pretty helpful link for evaluating/diagnosing problems.

Onto the update!

all are growing well. Magnum showing some deficiency. I believe magnesium, but I also believe it’s due to a high soil pH. My runoff is pretty alkaline as @Milson stated above. So, I’m watering with pH of 6 until my runoff comes down. I’ll see if that corrects the leaf color on Magnum. But, with pH of 6, my runoff from all 3 plants has come down to 6.9-7. So I’ll do one more watering at 6, then see if the runoff stabilizes in the mid 6s, with the pH of the feed also in the mid 6s.

Bluetooth is starting to grow a bit more after the second topping 8 days ago. So that’s good!

And finally Carm is plugging away.

All I’m doing now is maintaining LST and feeding/monitoring environment.

Nothing crazy to note right now!

All
388E4516 895D 4A1A A046 9C83CEBB1E4B

just Bluetooth
2EFCA90B D3D8 4570 AE32 159A39B1F0EB

Just Magnum (magnesium deficiency?)
D796121B F38A 43FC B2D1 CF02C33C8C57

and finally, Carm
572DD5BE 2B4B 4E1F 8DD4 E9D0BCCB5906

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Just picked up some 30K, 97CRI LED modules from a product I’m launching at work. Gotta love Pilot builds that have no use for the product after its built! Excited to try these out for growing! Each delivering 2100L at 25W.

I wonder if this will eliminate my TS1000.

Spectrum should be pretty solid at 30K and 97CRI. 30H in the color spectrum graph

E389CD0E CEFD 476F A33F 3633473CB6F9

Latest posts

Top Bottom