Grow 3 - Pineapple Muffin - HSC Beans

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Had a buddy warn me off of this strain because it supposedly gets REALLY tall. Well I'm outside so it's all good. BUT... a couple of things to take away from this one so far.
1) I have 3 of these plants all started from seed. 1 momma and these two for personal consumption. All three started to auto flower as we got hotter and the days longer. They were outside for 12 and inside under lights for 6 hours each day and out popped pistels. A SERIOUS WTF moment because I have zero experience with auto flowering and these seeds aren't advertised to do that.

2) The momma took 2 weeks at 24/7 to pop back into veg mode. I wasn't sure it was going to happen. The pistels kept coming until a couple days ago. Absolutely bizarre.

3) I let the 2 for consumption root bound on purpose prior to the transplant. I know "don't transplant the god damned things when they are busting buds... Alan my old mentor" (sorry Alan... couldn't be helped bro). I cut off 1/4 inch of soil and root from all 4 sides and an inch from the bottom. Yeah they went into a bit of shock. Didn't drop leaves or bud but definitely stalled for a minute. Nutrient uptake is juuuuuuuuuust about back to normal. I'd expect the yellowing leaves to either bounce back or completely start to die back. The growth shoots, center of the plants, and top of each plant have greened back out as they should be.

4) These girls don't have to grow tall. I'll probably get 4 feet out of each but not much more. I'm seeing a LOT of indica traits on these two when they are supposed to be balanced. Definitely not bitching. But this is probably going to be couch weed as opposed to working weed lol :) Because it is expressing a lot of indica traits, this strain isn't going to be topped or LST'd at all. Their momma is but that's a different purpose.

Grow 3   pineapple muffin   hsc beans
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The momma part of this grow is very important to me. I have smoked this strain but never grown it. So when my dispensary started carrying HSC I was there. And... are more expensive than seedsman. Unreal. So I need clones to keep it a couple plants always going. Anyway... bonsai is something I mess with too like my wife bought me a purple desert rose cutting from China. Right so everyone is bonsai Cannabis nuts right now. I’ve always used LST but did more pruning for bushy stuff than tying. But this time I used bonsai wire on a white widow to get the branches to grow straight out and left the main growth shoot intact. And then there’s this Pineapple Muffin with a bad rep for going tall. Growth shoot is gone. I just did the third adjustment to it. But all growth shoots are at right angles to the stalk. The stuff at the bottom are future clones. It’s in a bonsai trainer pot. So root care is happening. If I can keep it around 18 inches...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looking fabulous MH nice work so far
Regards OD .
The momma part of this grow is very important to me. I have smoked this strain but never grown it. So when my dispensary started carrying HSC I was there. And... are more expensive than seedsman. Unreal. So I need clones to keep it a couple plants always going. Anyway... bonsai is something I mess with too like my wife bought me a purple desert rose cutting from China. Right so everyone is bonsai Cannabis nuts right now. I’ve always used LST but did more pruning for bushy stuff than tying. But this time I used bonsai wire on a white widow to get the branches to grow straight out and left the main growth shoot intact. And then there’s this Pineapple Muffin with a bad rep for going tall. Growth shoot is gone. I just did the third adjustment to it. But all growth shoots are at right angles to the stalk. The stuff at the bottom are future clones. It’s in a bonsai trainer pot. So root care is happening. If I can keep it around 18 inches...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
My experience with HSC has been great. Hope your experience is as good as mine. Happy grows.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
My experience with HSC has been great. Hope your experience is as good as mine. Happy grows.

Man... I’ve got Purple Mountain Majesty and Squirt down right now from HSC as well. Praying for a PMM male so that I can cross those two and make Purple Squirt lol! I’ve smoked all 3 of these strains and can only imagine the couch glue that would come with these 2 crossed together. Would be insane.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Man... I’ve got Purple Mountain Majesty and Squirt down right now from HSC as well. Praying for a PMM male so that I can cross those two and make Purple Squirt lol! I’ve smoked all 3 of these strains and can only imagine the couch glue that would come with these 2 crossed together. Would be insane.
Purple squirt🤣classic.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The smell coming off of these plants is insane! It's like fruity world instead of all skunky that I'm used to. I'll have some pics later today.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Ok been busy but so have my plants. They are doing the deal but I’m pissed they autoflowered and didn’t stretch as much as I wanted it to.

616E88C3 A4F8 4957 A414 C8DD82B95D73
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Update: Well this was the final grow pic for these two plants

What I learned:

1) They DO NOT get to freaking 4ft unless you allow them to veg to 4ft. Once they flip into flowering, there is hardly any stretch at all.
2) If you don't let them get tall, then the yield per plant is shit. They don't swell up a lot.
3) All 3 of these girls ended up acting like autos. I'm not sure if they are REALLY photo sensitive or autos. But once they started, I could not kick them off, not even under 24/7 light.
4) I think the only way to get a decent yield out of them is to lst and top like the third.

This grow is still going as I still have the 3rd plant which has been lst'd and topped. She's in flower and looking great. I also have a clone that will be groomed to be a momma IF by some miracle I can get it to not auto flower. Pessimistically optimistic on that one... Please cross fingers for me lol!

3rd Plant:

20200719 213458
Top Bottom