Grow #4 diary - gg4 x Cinderella man by Trustfall’s Genetics

• Thread starter elusiveshame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

Quick background: I sowed these seeds about 2ish weeks ago. At first I planted 2, then I knocked over a solo cup and couldn’t find the seed (didn’t find it near the top soil anywhere, nor in the spilled dirt). I figured I would just sow a third seed, and the next morning the lost seed sprouted near the edge of the cup, and the 3rd see had already germinated.

I moved the seed to its own cup, and kept the off kilter seedling alone. She eventually got really leggy and slumped over bad (across the soil and hanging over the edge of the cup)

I repotted her into a half gallon pot, and buried the stem a little deeper, and she picked back up within a day.

(Pics of these are in my #2 grow diary, this is #4 since I did a grow with autos and photos in that diary, photos are still going)

Here’s a pic of them from the other night:
Grow 4 diary   gg4 x cinderella man by trustfalls genetics 2

3 are the Trustfall seeds, and the one with red training clips is a clone of the Silver Alert from my current photo grow.

I repotted the girls tonight into .5 gal buckets since I chopped the autos:
Grow 4 diary   gg4 x cinderella man by trustfalls genetics

The shorter plant is the last trustfall seed sown.

I’ll be cleaning this tent sometime this week. I need to get my outdoor greenhouse setup to move these other plants into (at least during the day). That should be Monday or Tuesday. Then I need to pick up a few things to set up the auto watering in here, and when I repot these to their final grow bags, I’ll get everything all cleaned up.

That’s all for now!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

What’s the collection of plants top centre to right?

I seasonally share my tents with garden plants until ready to move outdoors, or they expire. 🤷‍♂️🥀

E

elusiveshame

Did some tent cleanup and moved most of my non-cannabis plants to a plant shelf in my spare room with a cheapo LED light for them (just to assist with the sunlight, not for major grow ops).

DA3124BE 97F9 4E97 AF3F AABBE3770058

Silvery Alert is all the way to the left, gg4 x Cinderella man for the rest.

I’ve been neglecting the beans 😪

Tomorrow I’ll be heading to Home Depot to snag some stuff to build a bottom feeding / self watering setup in here. I’ll also be putting these ladies into 3 gallon fabric pots, and likely be leaving them in there for the duration of their grow. Maybe I’ll toss 2 of them into 5 gallon pots. Decisions decisions lol

I noticed some roots starting to poke out of the bottom, so it’s time.

E

elusiveshame

Finally made it out to Home Depot to pick up the supplies needed to make the self watering setup (total cost was $26 before tax).

506FD194 FB3B 40FC 8918 6203BEE9337F

Spacing them out to see where the pots will sit.

E60C0ACF B187 4EEF BA3E 5C061CCD2B9D

Under shot.

And then I repotted them all into 3 gallon grow bags:

BD3BC4AA 2264 43A6 A656 B4ED7FAB160B

Gave them all about a half gallon watering from the top, then filled the buckets below, and now I wait :)

E

elusiveshame

Today’s update:

A52573DE 5CA7 4D9F 8D5C DAF9019306EA

The silver alert clone still remains the tallest, but the Cinderella man x gg4 aren’t far behind. Strong genetics for sure!

Self watering seems to be doing well. Using fox farm nutrients for now, but will switch to Humboldts secret right before flipping to flower.

I’ll also be filling up the buckets today, and possibly do some training as well.

E

elusiveshame

Tonight’s update:

44C9B765 83D0 4936 ACA8 B960EF2E8EC1

They’re growing strong still. I’ll prob do some training and trimming this weekend, but until then I’ll let them do their thing.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Did some tent cleanup and moved most of my non-cannabis plants to a plant shelf in my spare room with a cheapo LED light for them (just to assist with the sunlight, not for major grow ops).

View attachment 1338457

Silvery Alert is all the way to the left, gg4 x Cinderella man for the rest.

I’ve been neglecting the beans 😪

Tomorrow I’ll be heading to Home Depot to snag some stuff to build a bottom feeding / self watering setup in here. I’ll also be putting these ladies into 3 gallon fabric pots, and likely be leaving them in there for the duration of their grow. Maybe I’ll toss 2 of them into 5 gallon pots. Decisions decisions lol

I noticed some roots starting to poke out of the bottom, so it’s time.
That self -watering system you DIY interest me, can you elaborate on the design? SS

E

elusiveshame

That self -watering system you DIY interest me, can you elaborate on the design? SS
Yeah! So it’s a grate for an overhead light fixture that I got at Home Depot. I used some field stones/cinder blocks to prop it up over the buckets that I use as the reservoirs, and then just some water wicks I snagged off Amazon.

The wicks are cut so each end is long enough to sit on the bottom of the buckets (prob about 2” or so on each side laying flat on the bottom). I run a pair of wicks per fabric pot. In my 4x4, I did an X pattern, and in here I did 2 straight lines that are about 25% from each edge on the side that runs the full length of the pots.

From there, add some water to the top of the soil to saturate until run off, then fill the buckets with water/water + nutrients, and never water from the top again :)

Right now I’m using fox farm nutrients, but when I get ready to switch to flower I’ll be switching to Humbolts Secret (unless I run out of fox farm first)

If you have any more questions, lmk!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You in a 3 in 1 tent or 2x4?

I ask as it looks like one of the 3x1x3 zones your plants are in but longer.

How’s the cinder block on the tent floor? Worth the time to wrap it in duct tape? Mines a little to easy to scratch up even with plastic corners & edges. Like the shelf/grate. 👍

E

elusiveshame

You in a 3 in 1 tent or 2x4?

I ask as it looks like one of the 3x1x3 zones your plants are in but longer.

How’s the cinder block on the tent floor? Worth the time to wrap it in duct tape? Mines a little to easy to scratch up even with plastic corners & edges. Like the shelf/grate. 👍
2x4’ here.

I don’t think it’s necessary to wrap the blocks, but if it feels like it might damage your liner/floor of your tent, I’d say go for it.

sp838

sp838

I am definitely going to use your system. I had actually seen the ACI self watering pots and had the same idea, bought the same round pot elevator and everything. But your evolution of the idea is much better.

E

elusiveshame

I am definitely going to use your system. I had actually seen the ACI self watering pots and had the same idea, bought the same round pot elevator and everything. But your evolution of the idea is much better.

The first method I used worked well, but was a little unstable for my liking. This setup feels much better IMO. I think you’re going to like it regardless of the way you set it up!

Top Bottom