Grow cabinet design help

• Thread starter extremophile420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

extremophile420

I am designing a 2x4 wooden grow cabinet, it will be powered by two HLG QB96, and i want to be sure to design it right and create the best grow environment. I am having a hard time deciding on ventilation holes placement, i have two designs in mind and i want to know which is the most effective design, taking into consideration maximum stealth. The cabinet will be placed in a room with a window in front of it, but the back of the cabinet will be a few inches away from a wall. This will bring my ventilation questions.

Design 1
Grow cabinet design help

in this design two 4 inch intake holes will be placed on the bottom of the cabinet, and a 4 inch exhaust hole is placed on the top roof of the cabinet, i am leaning towards this design the most, since its the stealthiest, with some decorations on top of the cabinet and nothing will show.

Design 2
Grow cabinet design help 2

In this design the intake holes are places on the bottom back of the cabinet, and the exhaust of the top back. I see this design is the most common, but i am concerned for two reasons, first is that the back of the cabinet is a few inches away from a wall, and i am not sure if that would harm im passive air intake. And the second reason is that i am afraid that the intake holes will suck back the exhaust air because i will be exhausting in the same direction. (impossible for me to exhaust anywhere but in the same room)

I want to put the carbon filter and fam horizontally in the middle so i can gain more headroom for the lights, thats why the exhaust holes are in the middle of the cabinet.

If there is better designs than the ones i came up with please share with me. I want to grow the best weed.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

The ventilation in my room- fresh air in at the bottom, exhaust at the top...my room runs hot, so my thinking says heat rises, vent it where it wants to go anyway..
My logic also says creating positive air pressure in the space is a good idea too. Put a screen or filter over your intake, the positive air pressure, if it's great enough, will keep flying insects out. Bonus.
Good luck on your grow!!!

Top Bottom