Anthem ... I don't go by light "height." I go by DLI, which I am running currently about 47 DLI (based on 20 hours of lights on). I'll measure later tonight, but I would guess close to 30 inches.How close do you have the lights and what lights do you have?
I run sealed rooms with CO2 injection. I do not go by DLI but PPFD as that is the measuring metrics for the sensor I use.Anthem ... I don't go by light "height." I go by DLI, which I am running currently about 47 DLI (based on 20 hours of lights on). I'll measure later tonight, but I would guess close to 30 inches.
I'm running 2 Mars Hydro SP-3000s.
I could get away with one of those lights, but I would have to bring the lights way down to still achieve the current DLI. I prefer to spend the extra electricity cost to stop bumping my head so much. Plus, later on when they two are worthy of my better camera it will be nice to have the lights more out of the way.
Note: I should be closer to 40 DLI for flower, but I have a small bag in there (way undersized) of those CO2-making mushoom fungus bags, which should allow the plants to deal with a bit more light.
This video does give a little perspective of the light height. The camera is hanging from the lights.
View attachment 1276062
I asked about light height and brand because I was seeing light stress in the pictures of the tops. I cannot get away with running that much light even for 18 hours.
I've stopped this diary for now. If I actually get flowers, I may start up again.
• Decided to give a dab of P-K to see if a little nutrient push would show results.
• Caused a Lock Out like I have never seen.
• I can't believe how fast the leaves turned and died.
• Defoliated about 50% of the Super Skunk to get sunlight to the leaves that were still green.
• Super Skunk still has plenty of foliage. Just not around the upper flowers.
• Defoliating about 40% of Double Grape, seems the most stable of the two.
• Gave heavy Recharge Soak Through - Only 24 hours since.
• Now on a very low EC bottom watering (0.347 EC).
• No more messing with them, not even to remove dead leaves (unless blocks good leaves).
Dude…? Your plants look great….keep working the diary… ! It’s like watching the Tom Hanks island movie….
You're not imagining things. The site automatically changes the C-Word to Flu. Sorry about your grow!As I return to catch up on my Journal, I swear when I made the above "flu" post last week I used the term C O V I D. Oh well. The good news, as bas as I felt during the heart of the experience it was no worse than any other influenza I've experienced. Nonetheless, I felt like hammered dog poop for most of it.
View attachment 1278889