Grow Dots and Recharge for the Real Growers Challenge 2022

• Thread starter ExNavyInSTL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

So you think you overdid it with the nutes? That's quick turn for the worst, might have more than one issue that's been building for a while... have you flushed?

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

TSD;

Not a traditional flushing because of my AutoPots and Grow Dots (in-soil time-released nutes). However, I did pour through quite a bit of a proper pH'd Recharge water.

There is good news today. Very little advancement in leaf degradation. A few leaves look a little worse, but they were already in the process of getting bad.

From here on out, I am going to feed very-low dose RO water.

The Double Grape is tossing off trichomes like crazy, but you can tell both are in a little shock still.

I'll keep the VPD on point and see where they go from here.

So you think you overdid it with the nutes? That's quick turn for the worst, might have more than one issue that's been building for a while... have you flushed?

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 67 & 62 - Photos

IMG 0372

IMG 0373
IMG 0374
IMG 0375
IMG 0376
IMG 0377
IMG 0378
IMG 0379
IMG 0380
IMG 0381
IMG 0382
IMG 0383
ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 68 - Update

• Tonight, I ran about a gallon of RO water through each pot to lower any concentrated EC.
• I salvaged any washed out EC, I filtered it and returned it to the 12-gallon reservoir.
• The EC in the Rez is under 1.0 EC, so hopefully there are plenty of Grow Dots still in the pots.

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 70 for Super Skunk & Day 65 for Double Grape

It Ain't Pretty Edition

• The Damage Seems to Be Done
• Now it comes down to do I have enough green leaves to support flower production?
• Will the Flowers Create Enough THC after this Hell-ish Grow?

• In the end, it doesn't matter ... I am growing these plants to 10% amber if they get there.

DG D65 Flower 5 8594 Nik openWith
DG D65 Flower 6 8595 openWith
DG D65 Flower1 8579 Nik openWith
DG D65 Flower2 8580 Nik openWith
DG D65 Flower3 8581 Nik openWith
DG D65 Flower4 8582 Nik openWith
DG D65 Top 8577 Nik openWith
SS D70 AngleTop 8578 Nik openWith
SS D70 Flower1 8585 Nik openWith
SS D70 Flower2 8586 Nik openWith
SS D70 Flower3 8587 Nik openWith
SS D70 Flower4 8589 Nik openWith
SS D70 Flower5 8590 Nik openWith
SS D70 Group Flower 2 8592 Nik openWith
SS D70 GroupFlower 8591 Nik openWith
Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Keep working it brother… I’ll bet your buds will taste way better than expected when it’s all over- look forward to your entry into the dry and cure process!

R

ritoMox

Day 68 - Update

• Tonight, I ran about a gallon of RO water through each pot to lower any concentrated EC.
• I salvaged any washed out EC, I filtered it and returned it to the 12-gallon reservoir.
• The EC in the Rez is under 1.0 EC, so hopefully there are plenty of Grow Dots still in the pots.
Seems like it would be a good idea to let those ladies rest a couple of days after the RO flush and before feeding them again. Maybe turning the lights down a bit, too, during the rest period. My novice 2¢✌️

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

ritoMox:

Thanks for the input. I would gladly do that, except that you have remember the "feed" is already in the soil with the Grow Dots breaking down over 16 weeks.

I can back the lighting to 30 DLI. Once flowering kicked I put the lighting at 40 DLI for 20 hours.

Seems like it would be a good idea to let those ladies rest a couple of days after the RO flush and before feeding them again.

R

ritoMox

Sorry about that🤦‍♂️ Learning this way for me will hopefully make it a much less painful experience when I drop some beans👍✌️

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

ritoMox:

I started a year ago this month growing my own. I just love the whole process.

I have had some really nice grows.

Sep 2021
  • Blue Dream
  • White Widow
  • Northern Lights

Jan 2022
  • Double Grape
  • OG. Kush

Mar 2022
  • Irie Genetics Mystery Grow (turned out to be Inspector Royale)
  • California Snow Auto (added in because had to pull males from Mystery Grow)
  • Purple Haze Auto (added in because had to pull males from Mystery Grow)

July 2022 - Current
  • Double Grape Auto
  • Super Skunk Auto

Oct - 2022 - Planned
  • Knows Candy Auto - Mendincino 20
  • Grizzly Breath Auto - Span Lion Genetics
  • Critical Purple Auto - Grower's Choice
  • Purple Lemonade Auto - 42 Fastbuds

The October grow is still up in the air, but it is likely to be one of each as listed, or 2 each of 2 of them. I'm limited to 5 plants in my state. So, I shoot for 4, leaving room for a robust seedling that I have a hard time taking to the executioner.

Also, I have some Irie Genetic regular seeds (Space Force & Sunkiss) I want to run, but there is that male/female issue. I don't mind spending the $15 a plant to get them sex-testd so I don't waste time waiting for "balls."

As for sex testing, I have used Farmer Freeman and Rimrock. Both are equal in service, etc.

As of now, I still enjoy growing Autos and Regulars. Obviously, I prefer fem regs, but sometimes to get to a special genetic you have to jump through some hoops.

Sorry about that🤦‍♂️ Learning this way for me will hopefully make it a much less painful experience when I drop some beans👍✌️

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 72 - Photos and Updates

Recharge Day

• I made 2L of Recharge and added in a little molasses to split between 2 plants.
  • Kept repouring it back through the Coco.
  • Left the Valves to the 12-gallon closed to ensure the mixture is taken up through coco.
  • Will turn back on RO water in the AM and leave these girls alone to keep flowering.
  • Turned back DLI to closer to 35 on the wannabe colas. 30 DLI on the main canopy.

I will make these sick looking girls look great again!

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 75 (SS) & Day 70 (DG) - Update

(1) Drained, filtered, and returned the AquaValve compartment (AVC) water to the main reservoir
(2) In that water's place I made a 1 liter each "Recharge" batch that included:
  • Recharge
  • SLF-100 Enzymes
  • Mr. Fulvic
  • Mono-Silicic Acid
(3) After 1 liter drained through, I passed it back through Coco one more time
(4) Adjust pH in the AVC to 6.00
(5) Left off Main Reservoir valves, so that plants would take-up all of the Recharge Mix throughout the day
(6) This evening, I'll turn on reservoir water, which is lowly charged with an EC of 0.580
(7) "Low" Charge is only from flush-water passed through Grow Dot media recycled and returned to Main Reservoir

Good News:
  • Double Grape is really stacking up the flowers
  • Super Skunk is slower to the flower-making party, but coming along
  • Pictures This Evening
Future News:
  • Not going to look at trichomes until the 29th
  • That's when I leave for 9 days
  • Sister-in-law will only be in charge of water in main Reservoir and Humidifier
  • They are drinking like crazy now - but by then may be only sipping from the trough.
  • May not even run humidifer for the 9 days

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 75 - Photos of Super Skunk

Breaking the photos into two groups tonight. Just having fun with the pics.

MG 8614 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8609 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8611 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8612 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8613 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8618 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8608 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8610 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8605 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8604 Nik Nik openWith

MG 8603 Nik Nik openWith
 MG 8600 Nik Nik openWith
 MG 8599 Nik Nik openWith
ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 82 (SS) & Day 77 (DG)

They keep chugging along. I'll do close ups this evening to fully capture the trichomes. I wobble too much to focus with a jewelers loop.

Both plants, especially SS, are mostly popcorn buds. They'll add up. I hope all of the stress and damage doesn't affect the THC too much.

IMG 0416
IMG 0418
IMG 0419
IMG 0417

IMG 0420

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Day 93 - Chopping Day

We got home from our cruise last night. I didn't even go upstairs to look at them.

This morning, I checked them with the loop. Double Grape was nice and cloudy, with enough amber.

The Super Skunk ran out of green leaves and looks like it stopped making new flower. SS did cloud up nicely, but not a lot of amber.

Because of all of the abuse I put these plants through, I don't see any real tight buds. I'll know more on trim day.

For sure, the Double Grape had better stacking thanks to Mephisto genetics.

I'll be back on Trim Day, to show the buds (and popcorn) weights.

Thanks again for sharing this journey with me. Thanks to you guys and some of my dumb mistakes, there were lots of lessons learned.

Day 93 Photos

Moshmen

Moshmen

Mayb u should consider a organic soil grow that just requires watering an a occasional tea ? Time release you just don’t have any control over it, also maybe photoperiod plants - they are not only easier to grow but they deal with stress better, potency, and yield - don’t get me wrong I’m not an auto hater they have a place just toss in out ideas

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

Moshmen:

Thanks, I will eventually try that way of growing. I only did this Grow Dot thing for the fun of the competition and use as an excuse to post my photos on Instagram (required in the contest). Once I saw how I stunted the plants, I withdrew from the context. I like the Real Growers gang too much to tie my ugly plants to their good name.

I am a Jack's 3-2-1 guy for now, but I am not opposed at all to organic soil.

My goal for now is to get one style of growing down where I grow successfully. Then move to another style and get good with that way.

My next grow is Jack's in Coco in AutoPots with bottom aeriation. I just received all the equipment for a 4-pot grow. Plus, I'm loaded down with plenty of nutrients and coco because I was planning this halfway through the last grow.

I'll get to organic soil as soon as I get this style down.

Mayb u should consider a organic soil grow that just requires watering an a occasional tea ? Time release you just don’t have any control over it, also maybe photoperiod plants - they are not only easier to grow but they deal with stress better, potency, and yield - don’t get me wrong I’m not an auto hater they have a place just toss in out ideas

Moshmen

Moshmen

Moshmen:

Thanks, I will eventually try that way of growing. I only did this Grow Dot thing for the fun of the competition and use as an excuse to post my photos on Instagram (required in the contest). Once I saw how I stunted the plants, I withdrew from the context. I like the Real Growers gang too much to tie my ugly plants to their good name.

I am a Jack's 3-2-1 guy for now, but I am not opposed at all to organic soil.

My goal for now is to get one style of growing down where I grow successfully. Then move to another style and get good with that way.

My next grow is Jack's in Coco in AutoPots with bottom aeriation. I just received all the equipment for a 4-pot grow. Plus, I'm loaded down with plenty of nutrients and coco because I was planning this halfway through the last grow.

I'll get to organic soil as soon as I get this style down.
Just find what works for you brother! Everyone circumstances are different , I personally just find the bottom feeding system to be difficult , I would think it promotes salt build up in the coco?

Latest posts

Top Bottom