Grow Genius Mono-silicic acid keeps bubbling up

• Thread starter Thegreywizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

So I’ve been trying to use Grow Genius Mono-silicic acid and seem to keep having a continuing problem.

It doesn’t matter if I add it first or last, once added it begins to bubble up like I’ve added Dawn to my water.

I should mention I am using air stones to oxygenate the water as I’m making it and that’s the cause of the bubbles.

But I plan on doing DWC, so utilizing air stones is required for my system.

I’ve only tested this in 1-2 gallons so far, only using a couple of drops and still getting the same effects.

The more that gets added, the worse the bubbles become

So am I doing something wrong?

could this possibly be a bad batch?

Has anyone experienced this before?

I was really hoping to use this product and hope I can get this figured out.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Use a water pump as a stir pump to recirculate. You will get sufficient aeration with cavitation. Air stones make the pH drift up more quickly.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Even for DWC? I thought the roots need substantial air bubbles/pockets so they don’t rot?

this was my planned setup for DWC with 8” air discs, one under each plant.

there are also pumps on each end pushing water to the opposite end of the reservoir/trough.

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

So I’ve been trying to use Grow Genius Mono-silicic acid and seem to keep having a continuing problem.

It doesn’t matter if I add it first or last, once added it begins to bubble up like I’ve added Dawn to my water.

I should mention I am using air stones to oxygenate the water as I’m making it and that’s the cause of the bubbles.

But I plan on doing DWC, so utilizing air stones is required for my system.

I’ve only tested this in 1-2 gallons so far, only using a couple of drops and still getting the same effects.

The more that gets added, the worse the bubbles become

So am I doing something wrong?

could this possibly be a bad batch?

Has anyone experienced this before?

I was really hoping to use this product and hope I can get this figured out.
Anytime you use a mono-silicic silica, it will bubble up with a strong pump. I've used fasilitor from aptus, power-si, and other brands. This is very common with mono-silicic acid. i would not be worried.

Totalnewb

Totalnewb

It’s acting as a surfactant, changes in surface tension make it either easier or harder for bubble to form, try shaking ever clear, it will never form bubbles, shake water in a bottle it will, add a little soap or other surfactant and it will bubble more because now the surface tension of the water is broken to a point where it will stretch and trap more air than before it can escape. More stuff binding together (with surfactant vs normal water surface tension) in the water makes a stronger connection it needs to burst through to join the rest of the air

Last edited:
Top Bottom