Grow Journal - A Noobie Diary.

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Grow in the basement. Usually close to 1000+ppm CO2 in basements
wish I had one buddy, 750 sq foot of living space here, lucky to have the 6x6 and a few feet for veg in the living space. and Seattle is EXPENSIVE, so the only other thing is outdoors, and my lands 5o miles away. I need to get some timber down, and next year I'll have the seeds sorted, and ready to go. I just gave a buddy a few of the bigger plants today, so he could finish them over in a house.

I"m working on that one, if I get blessed with a greenhouse, that would be really cool.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ah, so the c02 becomes the driver of transpiration after mid flower, I've got a 6x6 flowering room in the house, anything I can use to increase the c02 without having to run a shut unit? (heat being a problem).
CO2 allows the plants to photosynthesize more efficiently. It will increase the point of photosaturation and help prevent photorespiration which severely reduces the efficiency of photosynthesis.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I suspect there's things I can do here in the house, that won't effect our breathing, because were talking about a very small amounts.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yes, or a small propane flame. shouldn't be too hard to get it up to say 600 or 800 ppm what is the optimal rate?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
@Frankster for a small room bottled CO2 is the way to go.
Or maybe I"ll have the wife go in and scold them everyday, and talk to them. I'm sure she could probably make an impact. Actually, having a gas stove in the house would be the way to go, that and hot water heater, like you said.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, or a small propane flame. shouldn't be too hard to get it up to say 600 or 800 ppm what is the optimal rate?
Hard to do without a controller. They can also put off carbon monoxide, ethylene and other by product's. You need to vent every so often when using a burner and I wouldn't vent it into the house. Bottled would be better IMO for a small house but a sealed room makes it much much more efficient.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Or maybe I"ll have the wife go in and scold them everyday, and talk to them. I'm sure she could probably make an impact. Actually, having a gas stove in the house would be the way to go, that and hot water heater, like you said.
You would be surprised I spend 20-30min in my room and the ppm goes up to 2500 easy

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hard to do without a controller. They can also put off carbon monoxide, ethylene and other by product's. You need to vent every so often when using a burner and I wouldn't vent it into the house. Bottled would be better IMO for a small house but a sealed room makes it much much more efficient.
Got it,.. Need a
You would be surprised I spend 20-30min in my room and the ppm goes up to 2500 easy
Yes, in close quarters, I think it's probably the most efficient way actually. It's certainly a clean method. I might pick up a bottle actually.. I've messed with dry ice in the past a few times, but it's not efficient.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Probably 2 or 3 watt bulbs the look of them, maybe 5's at the most. That's good, but the 2&3's don't have great penetration, so you want to keep those closer. The overall par is what really matters most, Yea, that driver link, it would be nice to stretch it out of the tent if possible, without doing any harm to the unit, but I suspect that's part of the engineering design, so I wouldn't mess with it. It could stress the driver. If it separates from the panels, you could fashion a tube, 8 or 10 inch, (free hang it above the lights) and force air though the tube encompassing the driver, put a high speed fan on one end, it would keep your divers super-cool and regulate all that heat from the setup to the outside of the tent. At minimum, I would try and keep it off the lights, and keep an air source on it.... That's the part that's prone to "burning out", and having it close to your diodes, diminished their life-span, longevity and efficiency, so it's best to keep it at some distance, if at all possible.

A cheap $25 fan would do nice, one of those vortex models would be way overkill.

Thank you man I will try hang the driver up away from the lights, only thing I can try do, even create a bit of space would be good I think. The lead isn't long at all sadly =p

Good looking start 👍

if you use the app light meter by my mobile tools dev. I would say 20k lux at this stage will do them well if on an 18/6 light cycle. It's not the best way to measure light but better than flying blind until you get used to reading the plants. The last thing you wanna do it light burn them.

Also I like to lower the light intensity for a day or 2 after transplant just to let em settle in a bit

Thanks I will get that sorted tonight, lights come on at 9pm.
Couldn't do it any sooner sadly.
Yes 18/6 cycle bud, hopefully they are okay and didn't respond too bad to the light adjustment, will find out sooooooon

Freaky75

Freaky75

Hello all this me and my friends first grow. Our plans consist of 5 white widows and 1 critical.

Pictures are as follows for setup etc.

So far my biggest issue is watering, I've been consistent with it so far, the bigger they get the less water it seems they need so far, because of the slight shade the plants are giving out. So far I'm just watering them till they feel top heavy and it seems to be working okay. Feel free to weigh in your opinions on the pictures.

These pictures are today.

Grow start date roughly the 6th of July so they're 20days old.
Wow great setup for your first grow .im just blag going it lol . Can I ask how much Iyou were for your humidifier that's what I need lol . I'll have to make do tho till nxt payday tho lol good luck

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

This is the one I bought to humidify, can seriously say have had 0 issues with it. You can set it however high you want, once it reaches that point it shuts off and comes back on if it drops 5 below

so I set it to 65, leave it outside the tent and it gets drawn into the side gap, could set it higher but no need, seems to be working a treat

I've yet to buy a dehumidifier but the one I was looking at was

They're expensive and not quite sure if I need one in all honesty =p

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

The light was over 70k according to th app. Sat my phone on the pot and adjusted lights and intensity until it was at 22k.
Hopefully that's fine .
The plants look okay except for one .. Hopefully he's okay ..

Snapchat 229634741
Snapchat 1950735324
IMG 20200729 WA0000
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The light was over 70k according to th app. Sat my phone on the pot and adjusted lights and intensity until it was at 22k.
Hopefully that's fine .
The plants look okay except for one .. Hopefully he's okay ..
Should be good now. That app is much better than flying blind.

Freaky75

Freaky75

This is the one I bought to humidify, can seriously say have had 0 issues with it. You can set it however high you want, once it reaches that point it shuts off and comes back on if it drops 5 below

so I set it to 65, leave it outside the tent and it gets drawn into the side gap, could set it higher but no need, seems to be working a treat

I've yet to buy a dehumidifier but the one I was looking at was

They're expensive and not quite sure if I need one in all honesty =p
Yeah looks lyk do the job .dont need a dehumidifier tho it's never above 55 so I'd just have it turned off lol

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Got it,.. Need a

Yes, in close quarters, I think it's probably the most efficient way actually. It's certainly a clean method. I might pick up a bottle actually.. I've messed with dry ice in the past a few times, but it's not efficient.

Really great looking plants so far, @iTurniGrow - would never guess you were a noob if you hadn't said so!

For a cheap, albeit imprecise, means of incorporating co2 into an area, fill a container of whatever size you want halfway (or a little more) with some apple cider or fruit juice of your choosing, and add some run-of-the-mill bakers yeast. It will give a week to 10 days (at the very most) of co2 to the space, and as a general rule the more yeast you add the faster the fermentation will be, and the higher the concentration of gas.

In the end a byproduct of this co2 supplementation for the gals leaves you with a rough apple wine/hard cider to enjoy as is or bottle and refine, or you can inoculate the fermented juice with some ACV Mother to make some great vinegar for the kitchen.

Of course just a light sugar, water, and yeast solution can work too, but fruit juices have a lot of nutrients for the yeast too so you would get a more efficient and thorough fermentation, and ultimately a more complex set of flavors and a more robust and beneficial microbial colony that would be a great addition to anyone's diet (particularly with the vinegars, but also if the fermented solution is refined into a refreshing beverage).

As for co2 concentration, I don't personally worry about it too much using this method, but no doubt some formula could be developed in which given amounts of liquid with given sugar concentration with the addition of a given amount of yeast will ferment over a given number of days to provide a predictable amount of co2 - no doubt such a formula can be found somewhere in the vast ambit of weed forums.

Some growers will find this approach to be aggravatingly imprecise, but it comports with my personal journey away from the modernist impulse toward total authoritarian control, to a more organic approach aimed at facilitating environments in which the gals can thrive, and in some sense have a kind of "say" in the matter of their own existence and development. I'll leave this latter point at that to avoid derailing the thread along philosophical lines.

Again, really great looking plants, and thanks for sharing your process!

Freaky75

Freaky75

Yeah they do look great . Good job bud . I've a nice we photo to take tomorrow. Never took the camara tonight to my grow .

Top Bottom