Grow Journal - A Noobie Diary.

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Hello all this me and my friends first grow. Our plans consist of 5 white widows and 1 critical.

Pictures are as follows for setup etc.

So far my biggest issue is watering, I've been consistent with it so far, the bigger they get the less water it seems they need so far, because of the slight shade the plants are giving out. So far I'm just watering them till they feel top heavy and it seems to be working okay. Feel free to weigh in your opinions on the pictures.

These pictures are today.

Grow start date roughly the 6th of July so they're 20days old.

Grow journal   a noobie diary
Grow journal   a noobie diary 2
Grow journal   a noobie diary 3
Grow journal   a noobie diary 4
Grow journal   a noobie diary 5
Grow journal   a noobie diary 6
Grow journal   a noobie diary 7
Grow journal   a noobie diary 8
Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Nice I'll put them a little lower. We're going into 7 gal pots next should wait maybe 1week more before doing it ¿

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, lower, put them in bigger pots, and move them together for God's sake. Shut off a few lights, (for now) and move them out gradually, turn on lights as needed. I could put all those under 1 of those lights. Your just generating unnecessary heat in there right now.

Otherwise, they look pretty good actually. color is kinda off, but I think that's the light. can you post some pic's with the lights off please? and up close.

I use a soil mix like that also, it's the best medium IMO, actually. Don't forget a shot of humic every now and again. I like to give it follar, and roots, but just don't over do it. It will really work well with what your doing there.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yea, lower, put them in bigger pots, and move them together for God's sake. Shut off a few lights, (for now) and move them out gradually, turn on lights as needed. I could put all those under 1 of those lights. Your just generating unnecessary heat in there right now.

Otherwise, they look pretty good actually. color is kinda off, but I think that's the light. can you post some pic's with the lights off please? and up close.
Why? They look fine. Why are you telling him to change shit around. What’s wrong with what he’s doing. I wouldn’t listen to anything this guy says honestly. Sorry that’s just my
Opinion.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Thank you, I will put up pictures with them under no lights =p
I have them all on as it does get quite cold where I am, thankfully the lights are on at night XD
I'll be moving them into 3 gallon pots soon. Unless they can do fine in the cups for another 4days. Soonest I could get another bag of all mix.
Otherwise I'll be going 50% all mix 50% lightmix for the 3 gallon pots.

Then eventually upgrading them to 7 gallons XD

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Update. 28th.
Transplanted them into there new homes. 3 gallon pots. Soil was semi wet previously because of the 36 hour wait. So after transplanting them we gave them 1.5L each.

6.5ish PH going in and Run off was 5.5PH? And 2400ppm.

Planning on waiting for the dry period and then watering them roughly 2L again.

Should I wait until first 2 inches are dry or judge it by weight only?

Lights lowered to 2FT from --> Fabric to lights.

Snapchat 646650458
Snapchat 94086067
Snapchat 1853543820
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Update. 28th.
Transplanted them into there new homes. 3 gallon pots. Soil was semi wet previously because of the 36 hour wait. So after transplanting them we gave them 1.5L each.

6.5ish PH going in and Run off was 5.5PH? And 2400ppm.

Planning on waiting for the dry period and then watering them roughly 2L again.

Should I wait until first 2 inches are dry or judge it by weight only?

Lights lowered to 2FT from --> Fabric to lights.

They look good, a bit bigger than what I would have done, but they will be great. Having that extra bit of soil is fine, and will allow your rootball to do anything it wants, they usually form outward, and not so much down in that kind of medium with those kind of bags, so round is always good, especially if you've got photoperiod there, which is what I took them as being. (I don't see auto's written anywhere)

As for the cool temps, that can be a good thing. My plants often get temps in the high 50's and low 60's all though the nights, it's just warmed up here lately, but I think last night was 61f, so still relatively cool. It's the only way your going to get them deep purple colors, and nice unique terpene production. I dry out the air some by using a dehumidifier/air conditioner unit. One of the portable jobs, it does an excellent job of controlling environment especially with LED lights, although it looks like you've got quantum units, which run much cooler than my big LED units, with onboard drivers. edit: I do see your dirver, if you can get that off the lights, and above/out of the tent, that might be useful also. (again, your in canada? so you know best) You certainly don't want it getting over 75 degreee, if possible, below that is optimal.

They look great.
I would maybe dial them down a little, (small amount) as long as there not getting hot. Usually I can get them within 18-20 inches, but you've got to watch them, see if they can take it. But don't attempt that until you make sure there responding well. Every LED is different, some I can dial down to inches above the plant, some have to stay off. What are the size of your diodes? How many watts? (I've currently got some 6 footers within 6 inches of the light, and it's ok) I think I"m going to put these outside to finish.

I think the 1 and 2 gallon pots are idea for inside, as they seem to be optimum for root ball development of 4-6 foot plants. Also, I get that some of the advanced grower want to see you do something in a beer cup, but that's advanced technique, and if this is your first grow, I think you certainly made a wise decision. Much less to go wrong here, and your plant can reach their full potential...

IMG 20200728 185942695   Copy
IMG 20200728 185948571   Copy
IMG 20200728 185954947   Copy
IMG 20200728 190003476   Copy
Last edited:
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

They look good, a bit bigger than what I would have done, but they will be great. Having that extra bit of soil is fine, and will allow your rootball to do anything it wants, they usually form outward, and not so much down in that kind of medium with those kind of bags, so round is always good, especially if you've got photoperiod there, which is what I took them as being. (I don't see auto's written anywhere)

As for the cool temps, that can be a good thing. My plants often get temps in the high 50's and low 60's all though the nights, it's just warmed up here lately, but I think last night was 61f, so still relatively cool. It's the only way your going to get them deep purple colors, and nice unique terpene production. I dry out the air some by using a dehumidifier/air conditioner unit. One of the portable jobs, it does an excellent job of controlling environment especially with LED lights, although it looks like you've got quantum units, which run much cooler than my big LED units, with onboard drivers. edit: I do see your dirver, if you can get that off the lights, and above/out of the tent, that might be useful also. (again, your in canada? so you know best) You certainly don't want it getting over 75 degreee, if possible, below that is optimal.

They look great.
I would maybe dial them down a little, (small amount) as long as there not getting hot. Usually I can get them within 18-20 inches, but you've got to watch them, see if they can take it. But don't attempt that until you make sure there responding well. Every LED is different, some I can dial down to inches above the plant, some have to stay off. What are the size of your diodes? How many watts? (I've currently got some 6 footers within 6 inches of the light, and it's ok) I think I"m going to put these outside to finish.

I think the 1 and 2 gallon pots are idea for inside, as they seem to be optimum for root ball development of 4-6 foot plants. Also, I get that some of the advanced grower want to see you do something in a beer cup, but that's advanced technique, and if this is your first grow, I think you certainly made a wise decision. Much less to go wrong here, and your plant can reach their full potential...

Thank you D: Yeah we've got photos, I'm in the UK. We just lowered the lights today along with transplant so I'll give them a few days see how they go, not sure about diodes etc, the driver has a heatsink so I think it should be good, it's supposed to go ontop as it screws into it from what I understand, the wire isn't long enough to reach anywhere else in all honesty

the lights aren't strong enough to burn my hand directly underneath feels a lil warm but nothing serious so the light hitting th plants definitely shouldn't cause much harm at that distance, I could be wrong being new and all

They're 240watts I know that much, I'll post an update in a few days.
Was more worried about overwatering them but I think it should be okay. Will find out soon D:
& those look awesome bud D:

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thank you D: Yeah we've got photos, I'm in the UK. We just lowered the lights today along with transplant so I'll give them a few days see how they go, not sure about diodes etc, the driver has a heatsink so I think it should be good, it's supposed to go ontop as it screws into it from what I understand, the wire isn't long enough to reach anywhere else in all honesty

the lights aren't strong enough to burn my hand directly underneath feels a lil warm but nothing serious so the light hitting th plants definitely shouldn't cause much harm at that distance, I could be wrong being new and all

They're 240watts I know that much, I'll post an update in a few days.
Was more worried about overwatering them but I think it should be okay. Will find out soon D:
& those look awesome bud D:
Probably 2 or 3 watt bulbs the look of them, maybe 5's at the most. That's good, but the 2&3's don't have great penetration, so you want to keep those closer. The overall par is what really matters most, Yea, that driver link, it would be nice to stretch it out of the tent if possible, without doing any harm to the unit, but I suspect that's part of the engineering design, so I wouldn't mess with it. It could stress the driver. If it separates from the panels, you could fashion a tube, 8 or 10 inch, (free hang it above the lights) and force air though the tube encompassing the driver, put a high speed fan on one end, it would keep your divers super-cool and regulate all that heat from the setup to the outside of the tent. At minimum, I would try and keep it off the lights, and keep an air source on it.... That's the part that's prone to "burning out", and having it close to your diodes, diminished their life-span, longevity and efficiency, so it's best to keep it at some distance, if at all possible.

A cheap $25 fan would do nice, one of those vortex models would be way overkill.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good looking start 👍

if you use the app light meter by my mobile tools dev. I would say 20k lux at this stage will do them well if on an 18/6 light cycle. It's not the best way to measure light but better than flying blind until you get used to reading the plants. The last thing you wanna do it light burn them.

Also I like to lower the light intensity for a day or 2 after transplant just to let em settle in a bit

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Good looking start 👍

if you use the app light meter by my mobile tools dev. I would say 20k lux at this stage will do them well if on an 18/6 light cycle. It's not the best way to measure light but better than flying blind until you get used to reading the plants. The last thing you wanna do it light burn them.

Also I like to lower the light intensity for a day or 2 after transplant just to let em settle in a bit

How fast can you ramp them up Aqua man? Or should high output be reserved for the flower?
Some of my taller veg plants right now, I've been hitting them with both spectrums a few hours a day, and then running blues over them the rest of the time. Usually keep them off entirely for around 4-6 hours, especially when it's hot.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How fast can you ramp them up Aqua man? Or should high output be reserved for the flower?
Up to 45ish k maybe a touch more depending on strain in veg 18/6

Flower 45-65k comfortable can push a bit more if ya work it up slowly or have CO2 i can get 75-80k on some strains with co2

Increase 3-5k every few days to a week watching for light stress.

And yeah blasting them should be reserved for flower

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Up to 45ish k maybe a touch more depending on strain in veg 18/6

Flower 45-65k comfortable can push a bit more if ya work it up slowly or have CO2 i can get 75-80k on some strains with co2

Increase 3-5k every few days to a week watching for light stress

Ah, so the c02 becomes the driver of transpiration after mid flower, I've got a 6x6 flowering room in the house, anything I can use to increase the c02 without having to run a shut unit? (heat being a problem).

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ah, so the c02 becomes the driver of transpiration after mid flower, I've got a 6x6 flowering room in the house, anything I can use to increase the c02 without having to run a shut unit? (heat being a problem).
Grow in the basement. Usually close to 1000+ppm CO2 in basements. You could diy CO2 but it's a pita

Latest posts

Top Bottom