Grow journal, first grow! Will update weekly.

• Thread starter Homegrown81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrown81

Homegrown81

FIRST GROW! 2 plants, both auto-fem, 1 northern lights, 1 white widow. Both from canuck seeds thru true north seedbank.

Note: light schedule from beginning to end will be 18/6.

Germination:

Day1- started 24hr water glass soak at 4:20pm😉

Day2- transferred seeds to wet paper towels in sandwhich baggies

Day3- continued paper towel germination

Week1: 8/22/20-8/28/20

Day1- both seeds have popped, northern lights 1/8" tap root, white widow 3/4" taproot. Transferred both to their 3gallon final pots in pencil wide holes roughly 1/2-3/4" deep. Soil filled in pots is 70/30 FFOF/perlite with 3 stages of soil to prevent nute burn: 90% full strength soil, 9% of soil(Mason jars worth) taken out of center of pot and mixed as 50/50 with plain soil/perlite to decrease amount of nutes in soil, an lastly about 1%(shot glass worth) taken out of the 50/50 center and replaced with only plain soil and perlite. My hypothesis is that in doing so this will give the seed some protection to nute burn giving the roots the chance to grow out into the nutrient rich soil with time. Using distilled water ph'd to 6.36. Watered twice today with a dropper, both waterings were 20ml each. Closet temp steady at 77°F with 42%R/H. Light height is at 36".

Day2- first watering of the day gave 20ml thru dropper, 2 more waterings after that but switched to spray bottle for better overall saturation. Temp at 77°F, R/H at 41%

Day3- 3 water bottle spritzing saturations. Temp at 77/78°F, R/H at 43%.

Day4- gave soil of both pots a light dusting and then one light watering of great white. 2nd watering will be just plain ph'd water. Came home from work and the white widow had popped thru the soil while gone. It looks as if the white widow has a mutation, one of her cotyledons never formed im assuming as she only has one, but the other looked fairly ok but kinda dry looking itself. Light was at 36" but I'm thinking that still might have been too close so I raised it to 42" and watered with spray bottle again. The northern lights hasnt popped thru the soil yet so right now it's a waiting game to see what happens with both of them. Temp 77-79°F, R/H 44%.

Day5- the white widow is still hanging in there, I've been monitoring closely throughout the day and spritzing both pots with water bottle more frequently and it may be my eyes/wishful thinking but she appears to be doing better today than yesterday with raising the light higher and watering more frequently. The northern lights has popped thru the soil now as well. Whereas the white widow looks somewhat dry and green with only one cotyledon, the northern lights is more of a yellow green with plump little cotyledons. Temp 74-78°F, R/H 43-44%.

Day6- made a new gallon of water ph'd at 6.46. I started thinking that the temps off the thermostat were higher than it actually felt in the closet so I put 3 other thermometers in the closet and sure enough they all read at 74-75°F with R/H at 47-49%. I calibrated the thermostat to their levels so previous temps/RH were 4-6°/% lower/higher than previously recorded.

Day7- both seedlings look like they are doing well, still spritzing the soil 3-4 times daily with plain ph'd water. Both cotyledons on the northern lights plant have one veeery tiny almost bleached looking spot on each them, possibly from water droplets on them magnifying the light and bleaching that area of leaf? Doesn't look like a burn nor deficiency. The northern lights has lost the yellow tinge it had when it first popped and is now nice and green.Temp 76°F, RH 49%.

Grow journal first grow will update weekly
Grow journal first grow will update weekly 2
Grow journal first grow will update weekly 3

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week2: 8/29/20-9/4/20

Day8- 3 water spritzings today, white widow is now 1/2" tall, northern lights has now surpassed the white widow and is roughly 1 1/4" tall. Temp 77°F, RH 47%.

Day9- continued the 3 water spritzings today. Temp 76°F, RH 50%

Day10- gave both plants an actual watering in the morning, 1 cup of plain water ph'd at 6.16. One cup per plant. Will see if it needs more later and water as needed. Temp 76°F, RH 49%.

Day11- Gave both plants another watering of 1 cup each this morning. At this stage in growth and factoring in air circulation and temps this seems to be an efficient amount. When I knuckle tested this morning before watering the soil was cool around my finger, not very damp. Could tell there was some moisture still in the soil but not enough to warrant holding off on watering I believe. As before I watered around the plant, not at its base knowing that as the water spreads through the soil some will reach the plant anyways and to continue to encourage the roots to grow out in search of more water. Temp 76°F, RH 50%.

Day12- both plants are still doing well. Knuckle test this morning showed same results as yesterday so I gave them both another cup of water each. Will still monitor periodically throughout the day but this still seems to be a sufficient amount of watering at this time. Temp 77°F, RH 48%

Day13- nothing major to update on. Watered 1 cup to each plant this morning. Temp 78°F, RH 47%

Day14- I realized while going through everything that I messed up when I ordered my seeds and that the WW is NOT an auto but a photo, this may be part of why there is such a difference in growth when compared to the NL.There hasn't been as much growth as I thought there would be at this point. The northern lights is still growing steady just very slowly, while the white widow seems to be at a snail's pace almost a stand still which may be due to the mutation of having a single cotyledon. I do not think that I'm over watering, they are both vibrant green, no wilting, drooping etc. I'm going to continue growing both over the next few weeks to see if the WW picks up the pace in growth, but if it still is not growing like I want I may scrub it and just focus on the NL. if the WW DOES start doing well i will grow it with the NL and once i harvest the NL i will switch the light schedule to a 12/12 to start flowering the WW. Time will tell soon enough. I gave them both a very light feeding of nutes to see if it kick starts their growth this morning. I don't want to burn them seeing as the soil has nutes as well so the feed was 1ml calmag, 1/2ml micro, 1/2ml gro mixed in 1gal water ph'd to 6.23. I upped the water to 1 1/2 cups per plant and going to monitor to see if that is enough to water every other day instead of daily and increase as needed. The watering with nutes appears to have started to work, the small white widow showed an increase in growth size of the new single leaves from this morning to this evening. Lowered light to 38". Temp 76°F, R/H 49%

20200904 222920
20200904 222927

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week3: 9/5/20-9/11/20

Day15- I have not yet noticed any adverse side effects from the light nute feeding I gave the girls yesterday, if anything they seem perkier. By raising the amount of water yesterday by 1/2 cup each there was no need to water today, soil still had a sufficient amount of moisture with knuckle test to make it through the day but will most likely need water tomorrow. Temp 76°F, RH 45%.

Day16- gave another light feeding today but only calmag, 1ml in a gallon of water ph'd to 6.23, 1 1/2 cups. Temp 76°F, RH 48%

Day17- didn't water today, the soil was still moist enough to wait till tomorrow, the WW is finally starting to show better growth and has her first set of 3 tip leaves growing out, whereas the NL is working on her 2nd set. Temp 77°F, RH 47%.

Day18- both girls were ready for water today. I gave them their biweekly great white feeding. A light sprinkling over the top of the soil, then sprayed down to get them working down into the surface, then mixed 1/2tsp into a gallon of water ph'd to 6.38 of which they both got a 16oz feeding apiece. No calmag or other nutes used today, just great white. Temp 78°, RH 48%.

Day19- both girls are doing well. The NL is really starting to show significant growth. The WW is still extremely small in comparison but doing well. This may be the mutation or the fact that the NL is an auto and the WW is a photo but I'm not sure which is the factor or possibly both. Temp 77°F, RH 48%.

Day20- girls are still doing well, still no need for water. Temp 77°F. RH 48%

Day21- growth is increasing in both girls, still no need of watering today, but they will be in need of a feeding tomorrow. Temp 76°F, RH 47%

20200912 131221
20200912 131122

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week4: 9/12/20-9/18/20

Day22- girls are both doing good. They were ready for a feeding today. Before I actually feed/water them I've been giving the surface a good wetting with a spray bottle filled with plain water ph'd to 6.3. Idk if this actually works but it seems to me that by doing this before the actual watering I don't get a "run off pool" where the water runs to a lower spot pooling an then soaking in, by doing this the water always seems to go where I want it and hopefully below the surface the water isn't creating tunnels and instead soaking in evenly throughout the pot. I mixed 1ml calmag, 1/2ml micro, and 1/2ml gro into 1gal water ph'd to 6.36. Both were fed 16oz a piece. Temp 77°F, RH 45%.

Day23- nothing noteworthy to report, both doing well, soil still nice an moist. Temp 76°F, RH 42%

Day24- just another day for the girls, no need for water yet. Both are doing well. Temp 76°F, RH 45%

Day25- soil still nice and moist no need for water yet, girls are a nice vibrant green, no discoloration. Temp 77°F, RH 46%

Day26- girls are doing well, the WW is still throwing 3 tipped leaves and is still super short and stubby, while the NL is working on its 3rd set of 5 tips and much taller. The soil is borderline ready for a watering but I'm going to push it off one more day. Soil up to first knuckle is dry, but that soil is so loose idk if I should even count it as a knuckle test, for when I go 2 knuckles deep I do still feel some moisture. I would rather her be slightly under watered which should encourage more root stretch anyways, than accidentally over water her. I keep reminding myself that over watering is not how much I give them, but instead the frequency in which I water. Temp 77°F, RH 47%

Day27- gave the girls a watering today. Calmag only, raised the amount from 1ml per 1gal to 1.5ml calmag into 1gal water ph'd to 6.23. Both girls received 16oz. Temp 73°F, RH 45%.

Day28- both girls seem to be doing great albeit what I believe to be a slow start, their growth is now noticable almost daily. They are both so short and stocky to me for the amount of nodes they already have. WW is 2" tall with 5 nodes already and are approximately an 1/8" apart with the leaves staying short and fat and close to the stalk staying clustered in the center of the pot. On the other hand the NL is 3 1/2" tall with 6 nodes approximately 1/4-3/8" apart with leaves 3x larger than the WW growing away from the stalk and almost as wide as the pot now. Not really sure if this is just genetics or the mutation of the WW to have so much of a difference between the two. Also wondering if this is due to the lower humidity as well. I do not have a humidifier for this grow to bump it to the 60% RH mark most seem to like for seedling/beginning veg growth. My next grow I will have one and will see if that makes a difference as well. I'm considering upping their next feeding by a 1/2ml of each nute to see if that promotes more growth. Just have been leery to add more because of their age and the fact that they both look so healthy not counting size, a nice vibrant green, no wilting, praying, yellowing, burning etc. They do not appear to be lacking nutrients nor do they appear to be getting too much so I've been of the mindset "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. I do believe I have them on a good regimen though: feed, water, feed, water, great white and repeat. The light is at 36" above the plants, not sure wether I want to lower the lights again or to turn on both switches (veg & bloom) and not just veg and leave the lights where they are at first and see how they respond. May go into the help forum for input on this. Temp76°F, RH 45%.

20200918 212553
20200918 212716
20200918 212638
20200918 212654

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week5: 9/19/20-9/25/20

Day29- continuing to monitor the girls. No significant changes. Temp 77°F, RH 46%

Day30- girls are both doing good. No signs of deficiency, burn, nor bugs. Temp 76°F, RH 45%

Day31- girls are doing fine. Soil is getting nice and dry, will need water tomorrow. Temp 78°F, RH 46%

Day32- gave both girls their bi-weekly feeding of great white. Each received a top sprinkling of 1/4tsp spritzed down with a spray bottle followed by a mixture of 1/2tsp in 1gal water ph'd to 6.43. Both recieved 16oz. Temp 76°F, RH 48%

Day33- both girls doing well, can pretty much see growth daily now. Temp 76°F, RH 47%

Day34- both girls are still doing well. However the NL almost appears to be showing a very slight case of possible nute burn. The very tip of 4 different fan leaves have turned a white/grey ash color. This burn is very small maybe 1/32". What is peculiar is that this is located in the center of the plant not the top nor the bottom leaves have been affected whatsoever. One could argue that this may have happened a week or two ago when they WERE at the bottom of the plant, however I inspect my girls 3x daily and this is the first I've noticed. Also seeing as I use bottle nutes I do not believe I have over fed them at all because from what I know a nute burn from bottle nutes will show quickly when compared to dry ammendments due to the fact that the plants do not have to break anything down, they immediately can start absorbing bottle nutes. The WW does not show any signs or burnt tips. What I believe possibly happened is that since the NL is approximately 3x-4x larger than the WW its root base has grown thru the 50/50 FFOF/plain soil mix and has reached the full strength FFOF only soil whereas the WW has not yet. Will monitor closely and if burn continues I will give her a flushing. Temp 76°F, RH 47%

Day35- girls are doing great from what I can tell. I may never truly know the exact reason for their size difference. Could be the mutation that the WW had at birth not getting quite enough nutrients with only one cotyledon, or that I goofed and instead of 2 autos, the WW is photo, and the NL is auto, or it could be the difference in strains, from what I've read WW tend to be a shorter bushier breed whereas the NL grows taller and xmas tree shaped. Or it could be a mixture of those 3. One would think that the WW would be the taller as it is a 50/50 sativa/indica strain whereas the NL auto is an 80/20 indica/ruderalis strain so I'm stumped on that. Main thing is that they are healthy and beautiful. I included a closer pic of the tip burn for reference, but since those few tips are brittle I pinched each burnt tip and let the crumbles fall into my fingers so I can monitor to see if any new tips start to show burn so I dont confuse them with the old. In the last 7 days the WW grew 1 1/2", from 2" to now standing 3 1/2" tall. The NL grew a whopping 5", from 3 1/2" to now standing 8" tall. I started LST on the NL today by first giving her stalk a light massage then bending her over and staking her down with a rubber coated coat hanger to start getting some light to the lower areas of the plant. The light is still at 36" above canopy. Not sure if I want to lower any quite yet? For one thing, neither are showing a bad stretch or really any negative signals like they are too far away. And secondly, with the girls growing at such a different rate light height judging may be difficult because I dont want either plant to have too much or not enough, the LST helped by bringing the NL down to the same level as the WW, at least for now. Temp 77°F, RH 48%

20200926 131956
20200926 132029
20200926 132017
20200926 132036
20200926 132048
20200926 132404

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Week5: 9/19/20-9/25/20

Day29- continuing to monitor the girls. No significant changes. Temp 77°F, RH 46%

Day30- girls are both doing good. No signs of deficiency, burn, nor bugs. Temp 76°F, RH 45%

Day31- girls are doing fine. Soil is getting nice and dry, will need water tomorrow. Temp 78°F, RH 46%

Day32- gave both girls their bi-weekly feeding of great white. Each received a top sprinkling of 1/4tsp spritzed down with a spray bottle followed by a mixture of 1/2tsp in 1gal water ph'd to 6.43. Both recieved 16oz. Temp 76°F, RH 48%

Day33- both girls doing well, can pretty much see growth daily now. Temp 76°F, RH 47%

Day34- both girls are still doing well. However the NL almost appears to be showing a very slight case of possible nute burn. The very tip of 4 different fan leaves have turned a white/grey ash color. This burn is very small maybe 1/32". What is peculiar is that this is located in the center of the plant not the top nor the bottom leaves have been affected whatsoever. One could argue that this may have happened a week or two ago when they WERE at the bottom of the plant, however I inspect my girls 3x daily and this is the first I've noticed. Also seeing as I use bottle nutes I do not believe I have over fed them at all because from what I know a nute burn from bottle nutes will show quickly when compared to dry ammendments due to the fact that the plants do not have to break anything down, they immediately can start absorbing bottle nutes. The WW does not show any signs or burnt tips. What I believe possibly happened is that since the NL is approximately 3x-4x larger than the WW its root base has grown thru the 50/50 FFOF/plain soil mix and has reached the full strength FFOF only soil whereas the WW has not yet. Will monitor closely and if burn continues I will give her a flushing. Temp 76°F, RH 47%

Day35- girls are doing great from what I can tell. I may never truly know the exact reason for their size difference. Could be the mutation that the WW had at birth not getting quite enough nutrients with only one cotyledon, or that I goofed and instead of 2 autos, the WW is photo, and the NL is auto, or it could be the difference in strains, from what I've read WW tend to be a shorter bushier breed whereas the NL grows taller and xmas tree shaped. Or it could be a mixture of those 3. One would think that the WW would be the taller as it is a 50/50 sativa/indica strain whereas the NL auto is an 80/20 indica/ruderalis strain so I'm stumped on that. Main thing is that they are healthy and beautiful. I included a closer pic of the tip burn for reference, but since those few tips are brittle I pinched each burnt tip and let the crumbles fall into my fingers so I can monitor to see if any new tips start to show burn so I dont confuse them with the old. In the last 7 days the WW grew 1 1/2", from 2" to now standing 3 1/2" tall. The NL grew a whopping 5", from 3 1/2" to now standing 8" tall. I started LST on the NL today by first giving her stalk a light massage then bending her over and staking her down with a rubber coated coat hanger to start getting some light to the lower areas of the plant. The light is still at 36" above canopy. Not sure if I want to lower any quite yet? For one thing, neither are showing a bad stretch or really any negative signals like they are too far away. And secondly, with the girls growing at such a different rate light height judging may be difficult because I dont want either plant to have too much or not enough, the LST helped by bringing the NL down to the same level as the WW, at least for now. Temp 77°F, RH 48%

View attachment 1036359View attachment 1036360View attachment 1036361View attachment 1036362View attachment 1036363View attachment 1036364
Looking the goods in there a little tip burn but very minor indeed good luck on the grow . Od .

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week6: 09/26/20-10/02/20

Day36- girls both doing fine, soil is getting pretty dry may be ready for a watering tomorrow. Temp 78°F, RH 47%

Day37- both girls still nice and healthy. No new signs of burn on the NL which is good. NL is responding well to the LST as well. Gave them both a watering today. 1ml calmag mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.45. WW recieved 16oz and the NL received 24oz. Lowered the light to 33" and will monitor to see how they respond. Temp 76°F, RH 49%

Day38- both girls still doing fine. I've started lightly "pushing/spreading" the lower shoots out to the sides, not super cropping or LST, just kinda bending them ever so slowly to open the canopy without the stem massaging nor cracking sounds you can get. Temp 77°F, RH 49%

Day39- nothing new to report just repeating the light canopy opening bending, soil is getting dry, will be ready for a watering tomorrow. Temp 78°F, RH 48%

Day40- gave the girls their first actual full watering tonight. Took 1gal of plain water ph'd to 6.4 and split it between the 2 plants with the NL getting about 60% of the gal, and the WW getting 40% due to its smaller size. Got about a 10-15% runoff from the NL and roughly a 5-8% runoff from the WW. I gave them full waterings to make sure their wasnt a nute buildup in the soil, even though their feedings have only been small and light at 1/10th-1/5th strength, with the plants getting bigger and being grown in FFOF I wanted to ensure I wouldn't get a buildup lockout nor burn the plants and with the NL recently showing a very light burn I didnt want to take any chances. But I do wonder if in fact it was a burn or if possibly it could have been an issue with under watering. The way the tips on those few leaves browned and the slight curl of the tips added in with a very small amount of clawing plus some of the leaves seemingly paper thin, I do believe it could have been a case of under watering seeing the size difference between the plants and that the WW has shown none of the same signs at all I quite possibly havent been giving the NL the water she wanted. Temp 77°F, RH 52%

day41- both girls have so far responded extremely well to a full on watering, they just overall look more lively. I did notice that giving them a full watering definitely has an impact on the grow environment of the closet. The RH is roughly 6-10% higher now than it has ever been, which is technically where I've wanted it to be if not a lil higher even. Will have to monitor over a couple weeks, I may need to order a dehumidifier for when the flowering stage begins. Temp 76°F, RH 54%

Day42- girls doing great, soil feels good still but definitely getting dry, they've really sucked it up, may need another watering by Sunday. Still seeing even smaller signs than before of possible nute burn or under watering in a few new leaves over the last couple days but it is very very small, less than the length of a pencil lead tip, maybe 1/32" over 2-3 days time which leads me to believe that I am slowly fixing the issue wether it be burn or underwatering . Will give another good plain watering again when they are dry enough. Continued LST with the NL tonight, re-staked the hanger to adjust for internode growth, and bent the top over again but now to the side to start working her around the edge of the pot with the intent of the lower branches to fill in the middle of the pot. I did not prune any fan leaves from her yet opting for the bend and tuck technique for now but there is one section that I'm going to watch to see if they spread out over the weekend, if not I may take 2 possibly 3 fans leaves off to thin out the dense area somewhat. I began LST on the WW tonight lightly massaging the stalk first and then lightly bending her repeatedly a little more each time till I got her where I wanted her and staked her with a rubber coated hangar as well. I dont see any immediate reason to thin her either, though I did pull two 3 tip baby leaves from the bottom that wanted to rest in the soil after bending that could not be tucked. Temp 75°F, RH 53%

20201002 200720
20201002 200609
20201002 202421
20201002 200709
20201002 200632
20201002 202520
20201002 202602

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week7: 10/03/20-10/09/20

Day43- girls are doing well nothing significant to note. Temp 77°F, RH 49%

Day44- soil was dry enough through knuckle and lift check to water today. No nutes still just plain water ph'd to 6.34, split a gallon of water 60/40 between the NL and WW respectively and got roughly a 10% runoff.Temp 77°F, RH 48%

Day45- both girls are seem to be loving the plain water. No longer seeing any new signs of burn/underwatering which leads me to believe that it may have been a mixture of both, not seeing any signs of deficiency so I believe the FFOF soil still has enough nutes for the girls. So may just continue with plain water the next few times with the exception of their next watering in which they will receive a dose of white shark root growth. Temp 76°F,RH 54%

Day46- have definitely noticed that in veg they really like the higher RH after they've been watered, growth seems to explode after watering when the RH jumps up, and can almost see them slow down again as the soil drys out and the RH lessens. Light height is still at 33" from canopy, but I did turn on the bloom switch today in addition to the veg switch so now they are getting full power from the lights. Will monitor closely to see how they respond. Temp 77°F, RH 53%

Day47- so far the girls seem to be responding very well to the light at full power, leaves up and praying to the light. Pruned 1 fan leaf off the WW and 2 off the NL where they just kept wanting to rest on the soil, I tried bending and tucking and a few hours later they'd make their way back to the soil. Temp 77°F, RH 51%

Day48- gave the girls their daily stem massage/twist to work on keeping the canopy even mainly on the NL. The NL has started pre-flowering with nice looking pistils coming out to say hello. Temp 76°F, RH 49%

Day49- both girls are showing growth daily, at this point you can see the growth differences between the 2. The NL pre-flowering is putting out more and more pistils and is so much larger being an auto flower whereas the WW is a photoperiod. I am going to keep with the 18/6 light schedule until it is time to harvest the NL at which point I will switch to a 12/12 to begin the flower period for the WW. I performed more LST on both plants tonight, massaging, bending, twisting, and tucking as needed. I also did a light pruning as well on the NL, it was getting so thick that even with LST the lower branches were not getting enough light and with the new LST there were leaves wanting to rest on the soil, also plucked the baby baby leaves and branches at the base that weren't doing anything but sucking nutrients from the plant that other stronger branches could be benefitting from. I pulled repositioned and restaked the main branches again to adjust for more internode growth. Temp 77°F, RH 48%

20201010 231311
20201010 231356
20201010 231345
20201010 231356
20201010 232951
20201010 232959
20201010 233035
20201011 002749
20201011 002845

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week8: 10/10/20-10/16/20

Day50- gave both girls a white shark only feeding today of 1/2tsp per gallon ph'd to 6.46. Both received roughly 3/4gal and got about a 10% runoff on each. Gave the larger stems their bend and spin twist. Lowered the light to 28" from canopy. Temp 77°F, RH 49%

Day51- continued daily training on the girls, bending, massaging, twisting and tucking. Both are looking vibrant and healthy. Temp 77°F, RH 53%

Day52- girls are looking good. The NL is pumping out pistils everywhere now, continued LST on her. The WW is doing great, the lower branches are really starting to grow out now after her last big LST, I went ahead and topped her today, will monitor to see how she responds. Temp76°F, RH 52%

Day53- girls both doing well, WW seems to be doing fine with being topped so far. Continued daily training. Temp77°F, RH 51%

Day54- nothing of note to mention, just daily branch spinning and LST. Temp 78°F, RH 49%

Day55- continued LST training, the NL is getting hairier every day, while the WW is responding nicely to the topping, can see where the 2 branchs have started to grow out as mains with improved growth in the lower branches as well. Temp 76°F, RH 46%

Day56- did some light pruning again getting rid of some of the lower leaves that were touching soil and baby shoots that wouldn't amount to anything off the lowest part of the plants. Both girls could have technically been watered today but going to hold off and give them both a feeding tomorrow. Temp76°F, RH 44%

20201017 000039
20201017 000059
Screenshot 20201017 003944 Gallery
20201017 000112
20201017 000122
20201017 001952

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week9: 10/17/20-10/23/20

Day57- gave both girls their first feeding in 2 weeks now that I've gotten the slight burn under control. The NL is about 10 days into her flowering period now so I will from here on out be feeding the girls separately staying with gro nutes for the WW that is still in veg and switching to bloom nutes for the NL. The NL feed was 1 gallon with approximately 15-20% runoff with a nute base of 1ml calmag, 1/2ml micro and 1/2ml bloom and ph'd to 6.23. The WW feed was 1 gallon with approximately 20-25% runoff with a nute base of 1ml calmag, 1/2ml micro and 1/2ml gro and ph'd to 6.46. Temp 77°F, RH 46%

Day58- due to the drooping of the plants wanting water and also not wanting to cause a lockout I watered with a runoff higher than I normally would aim for. The idea was that instead of shooting for a 10-15% runoff I wanted it higher for extra saturation of the soil for plant absorption of nutes and to perk them back up. This seems to have paid off. Neither plant is showing any adverse signs to the nutes and are just as perky as ever again. With the NL being almost 2 weeks into flower now I am longer going to do anymore LST/bending/twisting/etc unless it becomes absolutely necessary i.e. one branch growing much taller just to even the canopy, I want her to focus on growing buds not healing herself stressed out. The WW I continued with her LST as normal. Temp 77°F, RH 50%

Day59- continued LST on the WW but only did some leaf tucking on the NL. Temp 77°F, RH 50%

Day60- both girls doing fine, continued daily LST on the WW. Temp 78°F, RH 49%

Day61- pruned a few unbeneficial leaves from both plants and continued LST with the WW. Temp 77°F, RH 47%

Day62- soil is almost ready to be watered based on knuckle and lift tests. Did some bending and massaging to the WW. Temp 78°F, RH 46%

Day63- Girls were thirsty and ready so they both received a white shark feeding today. Both got 1 gallon with 1/2tsp of white shark mixed in and ph'd to 6.48 on the NL and 6.43 on the WW. Both girls gave around a 10-15% runoff. The NL is really pumping out the pistils now. Temp 77°F, RH 50%

20201025 190155
20201025 190208
20201025 190249
20201025 190301
20201025 190335
20201025 190509
20201025 190621
20201025 190638
20201025 191611

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week10: 10/24/20-10/30/20

Day64- girls are doing fine an continued LST on the WW. Temp 78°F, RH 58%

Day65- continued LST on the WW, did some leaf tucking on the NL where I could and also ended up doing a small amount of defoliating as well, about 10-12 leaves in total and one spindly little branch trying to flower at the base that would not amount to anything. Temp 76°F, RH 55%

Day66- continued LST on the WW, the NL is doing well. Temp 77°F, RH 53%

Day67- continued LST again on the WW and removed 3 lower small fan leaves. Temp 76°F, RH 52%

Day68- did some branch bending and twisting on the WW, they will be ready for a feeding tomorrow. Temp 78°F, RH 48%

Day69- As of today the NL is 3 WEEKS into flower now. gave both girls a feeding today. NL I fed 1ml calmag, 3/4ml micro and 3/4ml of bloom in 1gal of water ph'd to 6.52, took the whole gallon with a 10-15% runoff. The WW I fed 1ml calmag, 3/4ml micro and 3/4ml of gro in 1gal water ph'd to 6.23, took the whole gallon with a 10-15% runoff. Temp 76°F, RH 50%

Day70- both girls loving their feeding, continued bend and twist on the WW. Lowered the light to 24" today. Temp 77°F, RH 53%

20201031 005515
20201031 005637
20201031 005648
20201031 005659
20201031 005711
20201031 005818
20201031 005856

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week11: 10/31/20-11/6/20

Day71- both girls doing well, continued LST on the WW. Temp 77°F, RH 51%

Day72- NL doing well starting to bulk out some now, defoliated around 5-6 leaves and tucked the rest. Did more LST on the WW and tied down the majority of the branches to even the canopy and to give the middle sections more light. Temp 77°F, RH 48%

Day73- gave both girls a watering with calmag today. As they age they are becoming thirstier and are requiring water more frequently. The NL recieved 1ml calmag mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.45 and had about a 10% runoff. The WW received 1ml calmag mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.22 with a 10-15% runoff. Temp 77°F, RH 46%

Day74- girls are nice and perky after their watering, continued LST on the WW. Temp 76°F, RH 51%

Day75- both girls doing fine. Did some more defoliating on the WW, she is just so thick and bushy I'm afraid that even with 2 fans she isn't getting enough airflow through the canopy nor light. With the exception of maybe 3-4 leaves on top, all defoliating has been down low slowly lolipopping the branches. Temp 77°F, RH 49%

Day76- nothing major done to either plant, both are doing fine, did a small amount of LST on the WW but that was it. Temp78°F, RH 48%

Day77- the NL is starting to pack on the weight now, colas are forming well and thickening out. Did some more tie down and LST on the WW today. I think I may slow down some on the LST for awhile and just let her do her thing unless necessary. Temp 77°F, RH 45%

20201106 220252
20201106 220333
20201106 222625
20201106 222641
20201106 222032
20201106 222701
20201106 223201
20201106 223245

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week12: 11/7/20-11/13/20

Day78- both girls are doing great and were ready for a feeding. On the WW, the new tops that grew from when I topped her the first time were growing so crazy good and getting much taller than the rest I topped them today as well which will in effect turn 2 into 4 mains now. The WW I fed 1ml calmag, 1 ml micro, and 1ml gro into 1gal water ph'd to 6.23 with around a 10% runoff. The NL was fed 1ml calmag, 1ml micro, and 1ml bloom into 1gal water ph'd to 6.09 with a runoff of around 10% as well. Temp 75°F, RH 46%

Day79- both girls doing well. Nothing of note done today just some leaf tucking. Temp 78°F, RH 52%

Day80- both plants are doing well, should have my digital microscope in by the end of the week so I can start getting a good look at the trichomes on the NL. Temp 77°F, RH 54%

Day81- the WW has responded well to the double topping she received, both shoots on each topped branch are flourishing. Temp 76°F, RH 53%

Day82- both girls were ready for some water today. The NL had 1ml calmag mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.46 with a 10% runoff. The WW had 1/2tsp white shark mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.21 with about a 12-15% runoff. Temp 76°F, RH 51%

Day83- girls are perky as ever after yesterday's watering, NL as of today is 5 weeks into flower now. nothing of note to report. Temp 77°F, RH 52%

Day84- did some lower lolipopping and upper leaf tucking on the WW today. The NL is doing well. Got my digital microscope in and was able to check trichomes tonight. While some are starting to turn milky, most are still clear looking. Some pistols have started to turn orange as well but not very many yet, I believe she still has a few weeks left of flower at this point. Will continue to monitor trichomes to best determine when to start flushing which ideally will be about 2 weeks before harvest. Temp 75°F, RH 49%

20201113 202832
20201113 202944
20201113 202921
20201113 203000
20201113 203116
20201113 203127
20201113 211206
20201113 214150
2020 11 13 205738
2020 11 13 205816
2020 11 13 210013
2020 11 13 210408
2020 11 13 210830
20201113 214654

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week13: 11/14/20-11/20/20

Day85- girls are doing well, did nothing to either except some leaf tucking. Temp 77°F, RH 49%

Day86- girls doing fine. The NL is flowering nicely and the WW is growing many shoots. Temp 75°F, RH 48%

Day87- both plants were ready for a feeding today. The WW received 1 1/2ml calmag, 1 1/2ml micro, and 1 1/2ml gro mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.45 with about a 10% runoff. The NL received 1 1/2ml calmag, 1 1/2ml micro, and 1 1/2ml bloom mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.05 with only about an 8% runoff. I also did a medium amount of leaf stripping on the NL as well. The fan leaves were just so thick there wasnt enough light penetration reaching the lower flower sites even with tucking. This really opened the air flow and canopy for light. Will see how she responds. Temp 76°F, RH 44%

Day88- plants are doing fine, did some leaf tucking on the WW and some spinning and bending on two of her branches that were several inches taller than the rest of the plant, she is getting crazy bushy. The NL seems to have done fine with the leaf stripping I did, I have not seen any negative effects as of yet. Temp 77°F, RH 49%

Day89- trichomes on the NL are getting cloudier every day but she is still not ready for flush as of yet. The WW I did some more spinning and bending on the same two branches as the day before seeing as they just sprung back up overnight. May end up doing some super cropping at the end of the week to even the canopy. Temp 75°F, RH 48%

Day90- both girls are doing fine, did some leaf tucking and some bending on the WW. Today mark's 6 weeks into flower for the NL. Temp 76°F, RH 49%

Day91- checked the trichomes on the NL tonight with the microscope, I'd say maybe 50% of them are now cloudy. I gave the NL another feeding today to really try an get her pumped up before the flush time begins. I mixed 1 3/4tsp calmag, 1 3/4tsp micro and 1 3/4tsp bloom into 1gal water ph'd to 6.04 with about a 10% runoff. I did some more lolipopping tonight on the WW to try and open the canopy a little more. I also gave the WW a watering. I mixed 2tsp calmag into 1gal water ph'd to 6.43 with roughly a 12% runoff. Temp 76°F, RH 47%

20201120 184237
20201120 184325
20201120 190146
20201120 190331
20201120 190443
20201120 184421
20201120 190018
20201120 184448
20201120 185915
2020 11 20 185629
2020 11 20 185501
2020 11 20 185223

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week15: 11/28/20-12/04/20

Day99- nothing to report on NL. WW has responded well to the defoliating process once again. The shaded branches have shot up basically overnight now that they are not being obstructed from the light due to the leaf coverage of the canopy. Temp 77°F, RH 48%

Day100- so far I do not see any new growth to the what I believe are foxtails on the NL since I raised the light the other day. The WW is still doing just fine. Temp 77°F, RH 45%

Day101- NL still doing well. The WW was thirsty so I mixed 1 1/2tsp calmag into 1gal water ph'd to 6.54 with maybe an 8-10% runoff. Temp 76°F, RH 41%

Day102- WW is doing very well, did some leaf tucking to her but that was it. The NL was ready for a feeding. I mixed 1tsp calmag, 2tsp micro and 2tsp bloom into 1gal water ph'd to 6.3 with an 8-10% runoff. I'm not positive but it doesnt look like what I believe to be a foxtail start has grown any larger since I raised the light. Wether that actually helped curtail things, or not enough time has yet passed to tell i do not know. I'd say roughly 10% of trichomes have turned amber. Temp 76°%F, RH 43%

Day103- nothing of note to report today, did some leaf tucking on the WW and that was it. Temp77°F, RH 45%

Day104- did more leaf tucking on the WW, the NL you can definitely smell now when you open the closet but the carbon filter an exhaust are doing a great job of keeping it to minimum where you dont smell it in the room or house. The NL is now 8 weeks into flower. Temp 76°F, RH 43%

Day105- nothing new to report on the NL but the WW was ready for a feeding. I mixed 1tsp calmag, 1 1/2tsp micro and 1 1/2tsp gro into 1gal water ph'd to 6.53 with a 10% runoff. Temp 76°F, RH 40%

20201205 194552
20201205 194509
20201205 194521
20201205 194809
20201205 194840
20201205 194851
2020 12 05 195336
2020 12 05 195421
2020 12 05 195447
2020 12 05 195910

Homegrown81

Homegrown81

Week16: 12/05/20-12/11/20

Day106- gave the NL her last feeding before I start flushing for harvest. I mixed 1tsp calmag, 2tsp micro and 2 1/2tsp bloom mixed into 1gal water ph'd to 6.22 with a 10% runoff. Also did some light defoliating on the WW. I'm patiently anxious to harvest the NL so that I can flip to 12/12 for the WW to start the flowering process for her, and to give her the full room of the closet to grow in. Filling in the available grow space will be no issue for her. Temp 77°F, RH 43%

Day107- nothing major to report on either plant today, did some light LST on the WW. Temp 77°F. RH 44%

Day108- NL is doing well, On the WW did some lolipopping to the lower and minor defol on the upper to let in more light. Temp 76°F, RH 43%

Day109- didnt do anything with the NL just letting her do her thing. Soil is still damp an lift test shows she is not ready for water yet. Will be beginning the flush when she is thirsty again. Watered the WW tonight. I mixed 1tsp calmag into 1gal water ph'd to 6.45 with a 10% runoff. Temp 78°F, RH 43%

Day110- NL should be ready for some water tomorrow. Did some tucking and bending on the WW. Temp 77°F, RH 43%

Day111- did nothing but some bending and tucking on the WW. Today marks 9 weeks into flower for the NL and I started the flush on her tonight. I gave her 2 plain gallons of water ph'd to 6.34 with roughly a 30% runoff. Temp 77°F, RH 43%

Day112- girls both are fine the NL is really smelling good now. Did some bending and tucking on the WW. Temp 77°F, RH 45%

20201213 173624
20201213 173652
20201213 174833
20201213 174908
20201213 173802
20201213 173839
20201213 173847

Top Bottom