Grow Light

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm missing my glass for my grow light. Is this going to create any problems? Can I buy replacement pieces?

The glass is there to prevent fires if your bulb burst while in operation

It's job is to contain the red hot fragments in the fixture so they don't rain down and start a fire.

If you use plexiglass make sure it's thick enough to not melt through if this happenned.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just take your measurements for the glass to any glass shop. Should be able 50.00 or so. Do NOT get tempered glass. You want "raw" glass. The glass guy will know what that means. I used to be a glass tech.

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Just take your measurements for the glass to any glass shop. Should be able 50.00 or so. Do NOT get tempered glass. You want "raw" glass. The glass guy will know what that means. I used to be a glass tech.
What if they don't have "raw" glass? 2nd option?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Raw glass is just that, glass. Not tempered. Tempered glass when it breaks (like the side windows of your vehicle) breaks in little somewhat harness chunks. Every glass shop has raw glass. It's just a glass term used.

Raw glass, on the other hand, Is a glass workers biggest fear. When it breaks, it breaks off in big, very sharp, and can easily kill you if it breaks and hits you. The edges are equally as sharp as your sharpest kitchen chefs knife. Also ask them to bevel the edges and corners. Do this and lessen the chance of below happening.

I cut my pinky finger down to the bone trying to save a falling piece of glass I was cutting. Cut clean to the bone, thru tendons, ect. Btw... I still can't (after 16yrs) straighten my pinky finger, nor do I have any feeling in the finger tips.

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Raw glass is just that, glass. Not tempered. Tempered glass when it breaks (like the side windows of your vehicle) breaks in little somewhat harness chunks. Every glass shop has raw glass. It's just a glass term used.

Raw glass, on the other hand, Is a glass workers biggest fear. When it breaks, it breaks off in big, very sharp, and can easily kill you if it breaks and hits you. The edges are equally as sharp as your sharpest kitchen chefs knife. Also ask them to bevel the edges and corners. Do this and lessen the chance of below happening.

I cut my pinky finger down to the bone trying to save a falling piece of glass I was cutting. Cut clean to the bone, thru tendons, ect. Btw... I still can't (after 16yrs) straighten my pinky finger, nor do I have any feeling in the finger tips.
Thanks man I messaged our closest glass shop I think they should be able to get me straight. They specialize in patio greenhouse glass along with car Windows

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just a heads up, I bought another big kahuna hood the other day. Apparently the use TEMPEREF glass. Please get the tempered glass for safety. I thought they used raw glass to be cheap.asses. tempered if it breaks, will do so in small non lethal pieces like a side window of a car. Raw glass can and will kill you if it lands on you.

My bad for steering you in the raw glass route.

B

Bogart Tasty

I have at least 6 panes of glass lying around, went bare bulb, don't miss cleaning glass haha. Dm me if you want measurements I'd give them to you if they fit, fo freeeee

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have at least 6 panes of glass lying around, went bare bulb, don't miss cleaning glass haha. Dm me if you want measurements I'd give them to you if they fit, fo freeeee

With an intake filter on the tent and a charcoal prefilter on the carbon filter. My light fixture glass stays clean.

Save the cleaning for the washable intake filter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom