Grow pot issue drain holes

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

So this is my first grow and I know next time to get smart pots or air pots and I use regular plastic containers and I did put quarter inch holes in the bottom however there still seems to be no drainage in the soil is Fox Farm with 20% perlite.It seems to be staying wet for like four days in the bottom doesn’t seem to want to dry out very well or at least that’s what I think I could be wrong.Is it OK for me to put holes on the sides like I am doing on this one

Grow pot issue drain holes
Jakecan

Jakecan

How much are you watering? That plant looks young and if you are completely saturating the soil it won't completely dry out for a while. I would start by watering in the centre of the pot near the base of the stem and work your way outwards. This will help grow a good rootball then will build nice roots in the entirety of the pot.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

How much are you watering? That plant looks young and if you are completely saturating the soil it won't completely dry out for a while. I would start by watering in the centre of the pot near the base of the stem and work your way outwards. This will help grow a good rootball then will build nice roots in the entirety of the pot.
16 day old auto flower.will the r holes hurt anything?

2AD38DAE 6738 488B 9055 63788155FE3B
C182148C 99B0 4C63 9FA8 FB6738BA2833
E69BEDAD 04DA 4F44 A6C8 6C43B27A0744
D7FE5B04 DDFB 4C81 B762 5E3A783557EC
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

They are about 16 days old and ivexaa watered 3 times.once heavy,once light,then heavy.not crazy heavy I just saturated them good tho

Jakecan

Jakecan

They are about 16 days old and ivexaa watered 3 times.once heavy,once light,then heavy.not crazy heavy I just saturated them good tho
How bigs the pot and how much water are you giving them? A litre? half a litre? I don't grow in soil but I know you aren't supposed to fully saturate it.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

How bigs the pot and how much water are you giving them? A litre? half a litre? I don't grow in soil but I know you aren't supposed to fully saturate it.
Didn’t measure I just watered them til I thought It was wet enough.Only a 1 gallon pot I’m trying to grow smaller plants

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

HoleyPot
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Something going on with a few of the leaves

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is incorrect. You will cause hydrophobia if you do this. Same thing with watering a circle around the plant.
When you water soil, SOAK it. The whole thing.

Jakecan

Jakecan

This is incorrect. You will cause hydrophobia if you do this. Same thing with watering a circle around the plant.
When you water soil, SOAK it. The whole thing.
Thank you for correcting me. Like I said I've never grown in soil just coco. People always give other people shit for full saturating the soil when the plant is small.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

People always give other people shit for full saturating the soil when the plant is small.
That's because they don't know any better.
The rumor that you just water in a circle around the plant and it will make the roots grow is false.
Roots won't grow without water.
Soak all the soil in the pot everytime you water.

Coco is a lot different from soil. Don't confuse them, it makes it easy to mess up.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

I saturated it but I only got runoff in one pot which doesn’t make any sense I do have drain holes but the pot seems heavy and hold weight for three or four days still.I’ve only water three times in 16 days

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

That's because they don't know any better.
The rumor that you just water in a circle around the plant and it will make the roots grow is false.
Roots won't grow without water.
Soak all the soil in the pot everytime you water.

Coco is a lot different from soil. Don't confuse them, it makes it easy to mess up.
Any idea what’s going on with couple of my lower leaves?

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Thank you for correcting me. Like I said I've never grown in soil just coco. People always give other people shit for full saturating the soil when the plant is small.
They probably look small because I have them bent for LST without that they are taller I’d say the fifth node it’s just coming up

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I saturated it but I only got runoff in one pot which doesn’t make any sense I do have drain holes but the pot seems heavy and hold weight for three or four days still.I’ve only water three times in 16 days
Lets see a pic or two of the pot and soil please.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What kind of pot? Pix?

Latest posts

Top Bottom