Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Hey yall!
Has anyone tryed this flaring drill bits?
They are supposed to make a perfect flare in just a sec with the screwdriver...to flare copper pipes also in the hardest spots!
SpinToolZ

FET

FET

Well it appears that my thread disappeared from the forum during the server change. So here goes a new one. Ask away about your grow room a/c questions.
I just posted here after reading one of your responses on a thread from a Google search. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

thats what you need to flare your coppers
Well......before of the invention of that tool i showed you. 🤣 🤣 🤣
The point is that with those drillbits you dont need to learn how to use an excentric flaring kit, they are foolproof while the old school flaring kits needs practice to achieve a perfect flare and can be a real bitch to flare a pipe ina difficult spot for a beginner.
Another alternative is get the Pre-flared pipes....but they usually come is just few standard lenght and if you have to do a bigger installation they wont work...

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

AC installing is not a joke, not for "beginners", if you are not comfortable with the dudgeon tool i don't think you ever installed ac's
do you have a vaccum pump, manometers and bottled nitrogen ?

the tool i posted is the best to make clean dudgeons and it cost 20euros

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

im a beginner and yes i installed a couple of ac that works (minisplits)..then i decided to get a hvac licence, (so now i can speak right hahahah) and i can telll you that any person with some basic handy skills (like some growers) can totally install a minisplit...its not a joke but def not rocket science and for some people that made crazy built around here yes its a joke to install a minisplit......so coming back to what i was sayn...
.. you are takin this to something personal...
the spin tool are better for beginners, the flaring kit no....

CrunchBerries

CrunchBerries

Hello all,
Just moved to a new house. I have decided to give a window unit a try to cool my room. I’m not happy about the window unit as the window faces the front of the house. A mini split is not in the cards right now and I’ve read that portables suck. Tents are venting into the room and it’s hot! Venting to the attic vents is also not an option. Can anyone recommend a window unit and size to cool it down in here.
-Room size 150sq ft. +-
-2 tents and a cfl box: a 3x3 with 315 cmh and a 5x5 with 2 315 cmh and 3 HLG qb96’s. 200 watt cfl small supercloset. Thank you!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Scrolled through the thread but didn't see anything that answered my question.

I have a 5 x 5 tent in my living room. The house A/C is set at 74*. Current setup is an ACI T6 for exhaust and Temp/Humidity control. Light is a 2000w LED. Honeywell 9" desk fan for inside air circulation.

I will be adding another light once the girls get deeper into veg. They're currently coming out of seedling stage and I'm beginning their training phase(FIM/Top). With the one light I'm able to keep temps between 70* and 80* and humidity between 60% - 70% but I know that when I add the other light it's going to raise the temperature and humidity, especially as the plants get bigger and bigger and expire more water vapor into the air.

For the size tent I have and the specs I provided what would be a good, compact air conditioner and dehumidifier for the tent? I'm scrogging so all available floor space will be taken up with canopy.

Since I already have a regulated air temp and humidity from the house A/C I don't think I'll need anything huge. I'm looking for something compact that I can run outside the tent.

I was thinking of making a cold box for the intake air for A/C in the tent but dread the thought of having to constantly be buying dry ice. A dehu that is small enough to hang in the tent but that has a constant drain( back to the res). Would a liter a day dehu work in these conditions?

ntgg

ntgg

Well it appears that my thread disappeared from the forum during the server change. So here goes a new one. Ask away about your grow room a/c questions.
Does anyone know of a tiny or small a/c that could cool and dehumidify my little tent? tks.

N

Natep

The condenser air should actually dry the air. Basically if you cool the air you get humidity and if you heat air it removes humidity. I'm speaking of relative humidity.
No. When the air passes the coil it removes humidity. This is why it produces condensate. Cold will remove humidity

O

oez1983

I am sorry if this has been asked I'm not sure how common or bad this idea is.

I am looking at getting a 48' reefer semi trailer (inside measurements are 8' wide and 8' 8" height). I'm looking at a RDWC build that will eventually have 40 plants. I am still planning everything out but right now I am looking at 9 720w lights. I have no clue what else you might need and any help is greatly appreciated.

Since my room is 48' long I am guessing I will need ductwork.

So my question is will I need ductwork or and what would you recommend trying to go all electric if I can and need AC and Heat?

Top Bottom