in designing my grow room I have come up with 2x4x6 space with a 600 watt viparspectra led light that is 260 actual watts white glossy stytrofoam insulatation board with the white glossy side facing grow room 4 inline exhaust fan with charcoal filter small fan timers humidity and temp readers and a 8 inch vent in the bottom too bring in fresh cool air . now my question what type of fabric could I use to cover the bottom vent to keep out light and let in air ?

Black stockings or if you can’t get black yes normal skin tone and spray them black . 👍👌passive air intake that’s what I run 24/7 . Od

The darker the better or if you have black shade cloth use the stocking as the fine filter and black shade cloth as the blind .
Here’s my simple DIY intakes don’t forget with passive air 78% of air is Nitrogen so if you are looking at nutes find one not so big in N the passive air will do the rest .

My wife in her grow tents at other end of our shed has same set up she gladly ripped a pair stocking off for the cause , you will need to keep a check on the amount of dust that the stockings trap easy clean with a dust buster .