Grow Room Odor Control Suggestions Please

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jigglybones

Can someone explain the different methods/equipment used in grow rooms to minimize odor?

thanks friends

S

sfzoo

Dude, read the GrowFAQ. Also, Google is your friend. Further, Search function is remarkably simple.

But here you go

J

jigglybones

thanks sfzoo. that's some good info. (i hear you on google/faq. its just that sometimes people have fresh perspectives on 'old questions').

M

mrdizzle

get a mountain air filter, then 2.5yrs later get a new one

S

shdowlkr

Carbon filtration is the safest method to use all round IMO

Ozone is highly effective but can be very dangerous if not exhausted properly

Negative ion gens work slightly... but not enough for odor removal. may be good back up for a carbon filtration system

Odor masking, total waste of time unless everybody that comes to your place of grow already knows you grow or did a bong hit before coming over..

B

biggs

negative pressure is the key. have a larger out take than in take. also buy the best carbon filter you can afford. don't buy cheap ones. their cheap for a reason. good luck mate.

N

not2busy4

forget the ozone generator as it has a tell tale smell also

Greyskull

Greyskull

i run a sealed room (light exhaust is closed to the room)... i like simple fan/carbon filters.
i used a 5x10x7 room loaded w 2 4x4s and 2 1ks and my simple 6" can fan & can filter 66 work perfectly. was going to mount it on the ceiling but on the floor is aok.

and previously i was using the 6" fan with a can 33 in the same room (on the floor)!

fresh perspectives on 'old questions'
if it ain't broke, don't fix it! fan/carbon filters are proven effective without risking overall bud quality (ozone genrators will sacrafice your finished products aromas when used in the same room).

S

swervin

No smell!

Well my last box was 3'x6'x5'. I had a 200cfm exh fan hooked up to a mountain air carbon filter( WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY!!!) A 50cfm intake fan. Both running 24/7. Negative pressure is the only way to have an odor free grow. The only way that u could smell anything in my house was if i had recently visit my babies! Since there was 4x the air being sucked out, the smell never leaked. Only thing is this doesnt work with CO2!

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

forget the ozone generator as it has a tell tale smell also

Yes ozone smells like ozone. It doesn't smell like dank buds though and that's the point. It also has a very short life as the O3 molecule is highly unstable, this is how it works to deorderize or sanitize. Properly vented you would have no idea unless you were standing next to the vent output.

I use ozone because my grow tents are in a high humidity environment and carbon filters become ineffective quickly and cost to much to keep replacing. I use a small ozone generator that is piped directly into the exhaust vent ducts. It can mix effectively with the air being removed and is never introduced into the grow tent itself. I would not recommend ever using ozone directly in the grow environment.

If you can control your humidity to reasonable levels carbon filters work excellently. Just make sure you match your filter to your desired outflo volumes.

Top Bottom