Grow room set up help!! veg/bloom

• Thread starter neobux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
neobux

neobux

My name its Lucas and Im from Argentina (city of Mendoza). I`ve been reading a lot about growing, nutes schedule, training and everything that helps me as a grower, and now some posts about grow room setups and layout and I have some questions, I hope you can help me.

It has been recently approved a law that allows to cultivate medical cannabis and derivates in my country, im trying to make a project to begin with the production. I want to harvest every 8-9 weeks, a total of 4 harvests a year.

I have a 300m2 warehouse that's available to be used as a facility, my plans are to run 1 veg/clone/mother room, 1 bloom room, and 1 room for drying and curing.

I´ve done my maths and I think I can use 65m2 for bloom, using 70%of the room (I read about to use 70% of the size room to let the plants grow well and have space for airflow, and reduce the risk of moisture). I want to use 3 bays of 1.2*12m (4x40) with 90 plants each bay, using 9 3gal pot under 600/660w in 1.2x1.2m (4x4), led with 900-1200ppfd (I've to see what LED i find here, we don't have known brands in our market such as gavita, sipderfarm, etc) I have to use 10 leds for each bay of 1.2x12 (4x40) totall of 30 light for the bloom room, I also want to add CO2 burners (but I think this is easier with controllers) . For the a/c system I read that I have to use 15,000btu for each 1000w of lights, im right? In that case I`ll have 19800W in lights and near 300,000BTU a/c.

For the veg room:

-I want to use 30 moms in 5gal pot to get 10 clones for each mother, its ok, can I get more? I read to make a 8-9 harvest I have to clone the week before I turn them to flower (2 weeks to stabilize roots, and then 4-5 weeks of veg, its ok? For moms I think I can put 6 5gal pot under under 300w with 660ppfd, I can grow them in bays of 1.2x6mt (4x20), total of 5 panels of 300w.

-For the clones I read its good to use t5 light, 100w for 80-100 clones its ok, so I think I need 300w of t5 light.
-To grow 270/300 future big strong plants for harvest, I think I can place 15 plant in 5-6lt pot (1.5gal) in 1.2x1.2 (4x4), under 300w 660ppfd , so I think 3 bay of 1.2x7.2m (4x16) each 90 plants. I need 18 leds of 300w

So for the mom/clone/veg room I have 7200w in lights and need near 110,000BTU

About the size of the veg/clone room, what do you think, I make one big room or I let one for moms/clones, and another for veg?

In the case I put them all together, what size you think I can use? 40-45m2 (aprox half of the size for bloom room) its ok?

For the drying and curing I know it has to be 58% humidity and 18º, what size you think this room has to be?

About medium I don't know if grow in coco, or go with rockwoll, I read about rockwool speeds up the process 1-2 weeks but has some problem with the irrigation system that salts get clogged in, and other thing its more difficult to do a proper flush, in that case results with black ash and harsh to smoke, its ok?

Thank you for paying me attention, sorry for the mistakes in the redaction (its not my mother language haha).

Hope you can help me and thank you for all the knowledge shared.

Cheers from Mendoza city of the good wine and sun 😊😊

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You don't need 15k btu for 1k watts of light. Depending on the climate in your area and the time of the year, you will need about 2-5k btu of a/c per 1k watts of light. Sometimes, people don't need any a/c if it is really cold outside.

The main thing I will say is to be careful with a huge grow like this if you never grew anything before. I see a lot of people with small grows that turn out horrible because they didn't know how hard it was going to be. You don't want to waste thousands of dollars on a bad run when it can be avoided by practicing with a small grow for a few months, at least. Either way, good luck and I hope you post some pics when you get going.

neobux

neobux

You don't need 15k btu for 1k watts of light. Depending on the climate in your area and the time of the year, you will need about 2-5k btu of a/c per 1k watts of light. Sometimes, people don't need any a/c if it is really cold outside.

The main thing I will say is to be careful with a huge grow like this if you never grew anything before. I see a lot of people with small grows that turn out horrible because they didn't know how hard it was going to be. You don't want to waste thousands of dollars on a bad run when it can be avoided by practicing with a small grow for a few months, at least. Either way, good luck and I hope you post some pics when you get going.

Hi, how are you?? I’ve been growing indoors since 2 years, not big tent but 2 4x4 with 4 harvest a year (no clones), about A/C I’ve to see, here in my city the weather it’s to hot and dry (it’s a desert), thats why I’m choosing leds instead of HPS OR MH, I think Leds are going to help with temps, we have From September to April, hot season. About the Lights, what do you think, it’s correct the W for veg and bloom?

thks

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ok, thats goo you have experience. I live in a very hot and humid climate, Florida, US, and I don't need nowhere near 15k btu of a/c for 1k watts of light. Yes, I think the wattage seems ok, it depends on how long you veg and how big the plants get. You can always add or subtract lights based on the needs during your grow.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

So si
My name its Lucas and Im from Argentina (city of Mendoza). I`ve been reading a lot about growing, nutes schedule, training and everything that helps me as a grower, and now some posts about grow room setups and layout and I have some questions, I hope you can help me.

It has been recently approved a law that allows to cultivate medical cannabis and derivates in my country, im trying to make a project to begin with the production. I want to harvest every 8-9 weeks, a total of 4 harvests a year.

I have a 300m2 warehouse that's available to be used as a facility, my plans are to run 1 veg/clone/mother room, 1 bloom room, and 1 room for drying and curing.

I´ve done my maths and I think I can use 65m2 for bloom, using 70%of the room (I read about to use 70% of the size room to let the plants grow well and have space for airflow, and reduce the risk of moisture). I want to use 3 bays of 1.2*12m (4x40) with 90 plants each bay, using 9 3gal pot under 600/660w in 1.2x1.2m (4x4), led with 900-1200ppfd (I've to see what LED i find here, we don't have known brands in our market such as gavita, sipderfarm, etc) I have to use 10 leds for each bay of 1.2x12 (4x40) totall of 30 light for the bloom room, I also want to add CO2 burners (but I think this is easier with controllers) . For the a/c system I read that I have to use 15,000btu for each 1000w of lights, im right? In that case I`ll have 19800W in lights and near 300,000BTU a/c.

For the veg room:

-I want to use 30 moms in 5gal pot to get 10 clones for each mother, its ok, can I get more? I read to make a 8-9 harvest I have to clone the week before I turn them to flower (2 weeks to stabilize roots, and then 4-5 weeks of veg, its ok? For moms I think I can put 6 5gal pot under under 300w with 660ppfd, I can grow them in bays of 1.2x6mt (4x20), total of 5 panels of 300w.

-For the clones I read its good to use t5 light, 100w for 80-100 clones its ok, so I think I need 300w of t5 light.
-To grow 270/300 future big strong plants for harvest, I think I can place 15 plant in 5-6lt pot (1.5gal) in 1.2x1.2 (4x4), under 300w 660ppfd , so I think 3 bay of 1.2x7.2m (4x16) each 90 plants. I need 18 leds of 300w

So for the mom/clone/veg room I have 7200w in lights and need near 110,000BTU

About the size of the veg/clone room, what do you think, I make one big room or I let one for moms/clones, and another for veg?

In the case I put them all together, what size you think I can use? 40-45m2 (aprox half of the size for bloom room) its ok?

For the drying and curing I know it has to be 58% humidity and 18º, what size you think this room has to be?

About medium I don't know if grow in coco, or go with rockwoll, I read about rockwool speeds up the process 1-2 weeks but has some problem with the irrigation system that salts get clogged in, and other thing its more difficult to do a proper flush, in that case results with black ash and harsh to smoke, its ok?

Thank you for paying me attention, sorry for the mistakes in the redaction (its not my mother language haha).

Hope you can help me and thank you for all the knowledge shared.

Cheers from Mendoza city of the good wine and sun 😊😊
So sizing your AC is a little more involved than that. You need to take account of the ambient conditions, how that changes throughout the year. The insulation value etc. it would behoove you to get your floor plan laid out and then get load calculations based on real world inputs. It's not as easy as just putting X amount of BTUs per thousand watts. If you get it laid out, and I have an idea of local conditions I can size it for you, I am an HVAC engineer. I would need a lot more info though

thunder45

thunder45

Então si

Portanto, dimensionar seu AC é um pouco mais complicado do que isso. Você precisa levar em consideração as condições ambientais, como isso muda ao longo do ano. O valor do isolamento, etc., caberia a você definir a planta baixa e, em seguida, obter cálculos de carga com base nas entradas do mundo real. Não é tão fácil quanto colocar uma quantidade X de BTUs por mil watts. Se você definir o plano e eu tiver uma ideia das condições locais, posso dimensioná-lo para você, sou um engenheiro de HVAC. Eu precisaria de muito mais informações, no entanto
I'm new in the forum and I have some doubts to create my grow room with an hvac system. Can i tell you what mine would be like my set up and you would help me? Thank u so much!!

Ponky

Ponky

Veg and clone area is about 35% and 65% for flowering. On average. Clones can grow off to the side in the veg area.

thunder45

thunder45

So si

So sizing your AC is a little more involved than that. You need to take account of the ambient conditions, how that changes throughout the year. The insulation value etc. it would behoove you to get your floor plan laid out and then get load calculations based on real world inputs. It's not as easy as just putting X amount of BTUs per thousand watts. If you get it laid out, and I have an idea of local conditions I can size it for you, I am an HVAC engineer. I would need a lot more info though
I'm new in the forum and I have some doubts to create my grow room with an hvac system. Can i tell you what mine would be like my set up and you would help me? Thank u so much!!

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Sure

Top Bottom