Weighing my best grow space options.

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

So its been a while since have done any indoor, but I want to start playing around with it again, after this outdoor season. I have this tiny room in my garage, with a permanent desk built into it. Basically their are two spots I could potentially setup a grow. One of them is on the desk, which would be much more comfortable to work on, but it only has 5 ft from the ceiling. I also have a smaller less convenient spot on the floor that would have much more vertical space, but less horizontal space and it would block my shelves . Which spot do you all think I should use?

BigCube

BigCube

You dont really need a lot of height if done right. I would stick with what's more comfortable and convenient.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

You dont really need a lot of height if done right. I would stick with what's more comfortable and convenient.

Thanks cube, sorry I didn’t see this before. Good to hear, that will be a much better layout.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

@BigCube
I have got a rough version of the room set up so I can get some feedback.

Please let me know what you think I should improve.

@One drop @Aqua Man I would appreciate your thoughts as well if you have a sec.

The three lights are 2 viparspectra “par 600” 100 watt, and a 150watt hps. The seedling light is a 45watt generic chinese led.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@BigCube
I have got a rough version of the room set up so I can get some feedback.

Please let me know what you think I should improve.

@One drop @Aqua Man I would appreciate your thoughts as well if you have a sec.

The three lights are 2 viparspectra “par 600” 100 watt, and a 150watt hps. The seedling light is a 45watt generic chinese led.
Sounds look a good plan. Where is the fresh air coming and how do you plant to control temps?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Sounds look a good plan. Where is the fresh air coming and how do you plant to control temps?

Planning of doing active air in through a duct coming in from outside.

For temps I was going to run it during the cool season, hoping that would be enough, maybe that is a little optimistic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Planning of doing active air in through a duct coming in from outside.

For temps I was going to run it during the cool season, hoping that would be enough, maybe that is a little optimistic.
You will be in large part at the mercy of the weather. I'm not sure of your climate so that may not be an issue. We hit -40 in winter here so I know for me it would be.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

You will be in large part at the mercy of the weather. I'm not sure of your climate so that may not be an issue. We hit -40 in winter here so I know for me it would be.

Oh yeah the yearly low here is positive 40 in January at night. I don’t think the room would get that low though even with active in.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Just went down to the local grow store and it had changed owners. The new staff didn’t know shit. Everything worthwhile was out of stock. Very disappointing, it was a good shop.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just went down to the local grow store and it had changed owners. The new staff didn’t know shit. Everything worthwhile was out of stock. Very disappointing, it was a good shop.

That seems to be what happens to most of the good shops around here.

I stopped buying ocean forest because i can never be sure i will find a properly stored fresh fluffy bag.

Pro mix was at the feed store and only a couple months old. The farmers know whats up. New weed business folks just keep coming and going.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

That seems to be what happens to most of the good shops around here.

I stopped buying ocean forest because i can never be sure i will find a properly stored fresh fluffy bag.

Pro mix was at the feed store and only a couple months old. The farmers know whats up. New weed business folks just keep coming and going.

I will check my local feed store, I go their anyway for ecoflake which I use to balance my compost pile.

Their is a local garden store that is ok. Not as good selection as the old grow store but way better than the new store.

Previous owner was a well respected local grower.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Can fan makes little HEPA filter boxes for intakes

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I am leaning more towards investing in temperature control, since I am planning to use that space as a dry room before I get it set up as a grow space.
A youtube grower recommended an AC infinity. Thoughts?

After digging a little deeper, the AC infinity is not an AC at all, its just a fan that kicks on and off based on the controller / sensor.
@Aqua Man What are do you recommend for temperature control?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
After digging a little deeper, the AC infinity is not an AC at all, its just a fan that kicks on and off based on the controller / sensor.
@Aqua Man What are do you recommend for temperature control?
I use an AC infinity fan, but as you said it's just a fan. I pull in room temp air (72) passively in my tent and exhaust into a can-33. It works fine; my mother can stand next to it with no smell. I do also use a dehumidifier in flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom