Grow tent exhaust fan question

Cgreen604

Cgreen604

Hello there,
I'm just getting my first grow tent set up and I have a question about air movement.
I have a 5X5 grow tent with a 6" inline fan/filter. What I'm wondering is what sort of timing should I be running that fan on?
I'm also curious what people do for air intake? I have two air intake openings at the bottom of my tent, one open? Both?
Thanks very much for any help!

Growgod420

Growgod420

What brand of fan did you pick up? I just leave my flaps down on the bottom of my tent and the exhaust fan pulls it in!!! I also run a fan on the outside of my flaps to push air in when the exhaust is off!!

Cgreen604

Cgreen604

What brand of fan did you pick up? I just leave my flaps down on the bottom of my tent and the exhaust fan pulls it in!!! I also run a fan on the outside of my flaps to push air in when the exhaust is off!!
Thanks for the response.
Here's what I have:
6" Inch 460 CFM Fusion Breath Inline Fan
6" x 16" Carbon Filter.
So I'm clear, you have the flaps at the bottom of your tent open or closed? A fan outside pushing air in seems like a good idea, thanks for that.

Growgod420

Growgod420

Thanks for the response.
Here's what I have:
6" Inch 460 CFM Fusion Breath Inline Fan
6" x 16" Carbon Filter.
So I'm clear, you have the flaps at the bottom of your tent open or closed? A fan outside pushing air in seems like a good idea, thanks for that.
I have the flaps open with a small fan on the outside.

1badcell

1badcell

24/7
Or we know, when we walk through the front door. Varying the speed helps to control temp when lights on or off . I like to use a bathroom vent fan 300+ cfm a home dimmer switch (for speed control ) and a carbon filter out the top. When your house or grow area has no smell you have fan speed dialed in.

Cgreen604

Cgreen604

Thanks for the help people!
Going to get the climate in this tent clicking and grow a nice nitrogen soaking cover crop starting tomorrow. I'll have a nice home for The Ladies to grow.

Top Bottom