grow tent & light size

• Thread starter Kennie_B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kennie_B

What size HPS (400, 600 or 1000) would you guys recommend for a 36" X 20" X 64" grow tent?

B

Buddy Reaper

I think you would have mental heat problems if you went over 400, but dont take my word for it, see what others say :smiley_joint:

R

Rasta311

I run a 600 in a space a little under 3x3. Cool tube with a inline fan. My temps stay at 80

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'd go 600 but you better get a good intake/exhaust system in place...depends on your climate conditions for your area too.... Keep ballast out of tent and that'll help as well.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'd def make sure to have a reflector that throws a footprint slightly rectangular....

J

JonsiMan

6hundo I'd say. Make sure you have a proper effecient way to cool it.

Bisquick

Bisquick

i'm in a dr80 which is aprox 3x3x6 with a 400W Sun Cool II running air from outside through the fan, through the light and back outside. My temps are 75-83 generally

D

darookie2000

Stick to the 400 for that size space, if you can cool it with no problems then consider stepping up.

F

farm702

im curious if i were to get the dr60 or even dr80 for a veg tent if it would be ok to convert an 8" cooled hood to run a COOLTUBE or water cooled light and if so what size light to run then? Want to use it for vegging and keeping mothers :) please inform me :)

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

If you are considering using a dr60 or 80 for veg only then you might want to consider a T5 flouro fixture. Heat won't be an issue at all.

M

Matris est Deus

me personally i would go with the 400 for that space, i dont think the extra 200 watts is worth the heat that comes along with it. even with the 400 it will still require a form of cooling...........jmo

Bisquick

Bisquick

im curious if i were to get the dr60 or even dr80 for a veg tent if it would be ok to convert an 8" cooled hood to run a COOLTUBE or water cooled light and if so what size light to run then? Want to use it for vegging and keeping mothers :) please inform me :)

I have a Dr80 running a 400W 6" Sun System II and a 4" fan.

Intake through ducting to fan through reflector through ducting out the other side....temps are 77-83 at the hottest and the tent is outside on warm summer days

Top Bottom