Grow Tent Question

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

In the next few months, I'm going to need to switch over to a tent... I am unsure about the size I need... I generally grow 6 out and have clones waiting... What size tent would I need to grow 6 plants spaciously and won't build up to much heat from my HPS?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

In the next few months, I'm going to need to switch over to a tent... I am unsure about the size I need... I generally grow 6 out and have clones waiting... What size tent would I need to grow 6 plants spaciously and won't build up to much heat from my HPS?
Just one light? A 4x4 will do right. But check prices, sometimes it's the 4x8s that are the cheapest

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I use a 4x8 for 6 plants, but, I usually allow my plants to get a bit larger. I think you're going to have to figure out what your coverage will be from your light which will determine the size tent to get.

K

kansabis

Yeah your light coverage and plant size will be the determining factors for needed tent size.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I have 2 HID lamps 600w each (will only use one if I have to) I try and keep my plants around 4ft (this includes after the stretch) I do top and use LST techniques to maximize yield. The room I use atm has a maximum height of 6.5ft so vertical growth is limited... I'm used to growing 3 plants per light, per drip system... Hope this helps more. I would like to use both lamps but the heat concerns me, even tho they are air cooled tubes.

K

kansabis

Yeah idk if you can find many tents bigger than 3x3 with that low of height.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I bought a 4x8x6.5 and that seems to be pretty good. Think about the times you need to get in there and mess with things. I bought a cheap one off ebay and its working out so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom