Grow Tent Question

• Thread starter TurdFerguson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson

Looking to buy a grow tent for my first grow. 48x48x80 is to wide for the storage area I will be growing in. I found 36x36 grow tents but was needing opinions on brands. The three I am looking at are Vivosun, Apollo Horticulture, and Helios. Anyone got any feedback on these brands?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Vivosun, I have 4 and love em
I have 1 Vivosun 3x3..damn good product for the $$..I am in that one all day long and it has been slowly wearing..I also have a Unitfarm 2x4xSIX..I was not liking spending so much, but they were 1 of a few that made a six foot high model soooo..It is super quality and I will buy another 3x3 from them when the Vivosun has got to go..Soon).
I like it way better than the Gorilla that they copied too..same thick diamond cloth and thick metal poles and corners. They have stock in the US but everything is from China.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nothing showed up here except copy of my post..just sayin.:cry:

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

I'd like to know why you like it way better exactly details please.
I'm guessing as with many knockoffs there are going to be possible quality and durability issues. thx.
p.s. i have a Gorilla shorty unused and itching to play. haha

Last edited:
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Nothing showed up here except copy of my post..just sayin.:cry:
oh shit. i hit reply just now and it did what i thought had to be done by user. i think i got it now. a little wake and bake wedding cake roach lol. peace

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I DON'T KNOW why i couldn't do that quote and add my question to it. grrr.
I guessing user error but don't know y.
at any rate I'd like to know why you like it way better exactly details please.
I'm guessing as with many knockoffs there are going to be possible quality and durability issues. thx.
p.s. i have a Gorilla shorty unused and itching to play. haha
As I see..The fabric is exactly the same (Diamond pattern and heavy AF), The poles (4 in a 2x4x6) are extremely thick too. The zippers (HQ) are covered exactly the same (flaps) as the Gorilla and their stitching is very straight.(I was in the fabric business yrs ago).
I still hate anything with those windows..but I needed a 2x4 tent with a six ft height.

I assembled it myself in under 15 minutes, and I am very happy with my choice..I suppose if I needed a taller tent..I would have chosen a Gorilla with the optional height extension.
TBH, I had reviewed one of their lights and they sent me a big discount code to use for the tent..Wish I had bought two..but ..LOL

Hope this helps..but feel free to ask away. I just left GC Forum for good:puke2:, and will be spending more time here at the farm.:smoking:

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

thx. Buzzer. i know a dude named Buzzy LOL, I think he's tried damn near most drugs you could use. haha high all the time = that's how he got his name.

i went to their site and it's down. i was wondering what the prices were just for reference. u know how long they have been around as i have never heard of them mentioned in tent reviews ?

basically u gave a description of their tent ; but not why you like it so much better than a Gorilla. ijs spill the beans please.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

thx. Buzzer. i know a dude named Buzzy LOL, I think he's tried damn near most drugs you could use. haha high all the time = that's how he got his name.

i went to their site and it's down. i was wondering what the prices were just for reference. u know how long they have been around as i have never heard of them mentioned in tent reviews ?

basically u gave a description of their tent ; but not why you like it so much better than a Gorilla. ijs spill the beans please.
Mainly because I had dealt with them before, and got that super DISCOUNT. (like over 25%). I heard some horror stories about Gorilla's CS, but I am sure there are tons of happy customers. (one of my students is thrilled with his).

The CS at UF is outstanding..once you get by the language stuff....ie: my tent cloth had a small pin hole it The cloth manufacter's fault and UF in China missed it.....Upon my email to them..they sent another new CLOTH, fgt included from China for free..Told me to keep the other just in case..
Hope this answer is what you were looking for?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

LOL..My "name" came from My Mini Cooper days as I happily "buzzed" by everyone else..LMAO

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I just tried and their site is down here too..You can find their stuff on Ebay..sometimes at very good prices..IMO..they may not survive with their products due to fierce Competition..IE: Their UFO80 is a tank light using Cree and Oshram diodes..When I tested it for them..it retailed for$440! <I got it free for an HONEST review.>:joyful:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have a 4x4 vivosun i can either fit 4 large plants in 5 gallon bags, or 6 plants in 3 gallon pots. And the tent is sturdy holds up all my needed materials
My main gripes on my Vivosun are the stitching around the zippers (easily fixed) and those crappy windows..The Apollo looks like the same tent, without those blasted viewing windows that leak light all over..(also easy to tape up)

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

As I see..The fabric is exactly the same (Diamond pattern and heavy AF), The poles (4 in a 2x4x6) are extremely thick too. The zippers (HQ) are covered exactly the same (flaps) as the Gorilla and their stitching is very straight.(I was in the fabric business yrs ago).
I still hate anything with those windows..but I needed a 2x4 tent with a six ft height.

I assembled it myself in under 15 minutes, and I am very happy with my choice..I suppose if I needed a taller tent..I would have chosen a Gorilla with the optional height extension.
TBH, I had reviewed one of their lights and they sent me a big discount code to use for the tent..Wish I had bought two..but ..LOL

Hope this helps..but feel free to ask away. I just left GC Forum for good:puke2:, and will be spending more time here at the farm.:smoking:

Nice feedback Buzzer, thank you.
I was sold on the Gorilla for the height but like the price of the UF much better. Do you really miss the extra foot?
Got on site no problem.
Used to have a countryman, most fun I ever had with a car hands down. And I’m 6’5!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice feedback Buzzer, thank you.
I was sold on the Gorilla for the height but like the price of the UF much better. Do you really miss the extra foot?
Got on site no problem.
Used to have a countryman, most fun I ever had with a car hands down. And I’m 6’5!
My pleasure..
I like to share what I have learned..both good and bad..
I have no problems with the 6 ft tents..I train heavily and mostly grow mostly Indica leaning strains..When I want a Sativa..I also flower in a spare bath tub (much to GF's dismay..LOL), that has 10 ft high ceilings just in case..

Here is a shot of a breeding project that I had to give up my Breeding tent for (The UF 2x4x6). She is only 3 weeks in and taking up the whole tent:) (my 1st attempt..probably 90% luck..LOL)
9 18 18

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

My pleasure..
I have no problems with the 6 ft tents..I train heavily and mostly grow mostly Indica leaning strains..When I want a Sativa..I also flower in a spare bath tub (much to GF's dismay..LOL), that has 10 ft high ceilings just in case..

Here is a shot of a breeding project that I had to give up my Breeding tent for (The UF 2x4x6). She is only 3 weeks in and taking up the whole tent:) (my 1st attempt..probably 90% luck..LOL)
View attachment 830544
That’s one in a 2X4?!?!?! Holy f^ck!

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

A
My pleasure..

View attachment 830544
are you pollinating her? What are the strains?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

A

are you pollinating her? What are the strains?
That was a Cackleberry female (Greenpoint Seeds that I turned male with CS..then pollinated a branch of a Seedsman WW female (from Feminized seed.)2 weeks in flower..

I took a few cuts from her and will be feminizing one and using the other(s) for further playing around..
3 14 18 Cackleberry CS treated clone
3 8 18 Fem CS Sacs
4 6 18 Cackleberry female pollen
Cackleberry backcross 4 19 18
Snap1
5 11 18 ww x cackleberry seeds w  arrow
Tails 6 20 18

Top Bottom