Grow Tent Questions

• Thread starter Supergoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Supergoo

Supergoo

Hi Farm,

Was looking to upgrade my tent from a big cfl set up to a 400w hps with a cool tube.
Im very concerned about the heat because even with 2 250w cfls it can get a little hot in there.
My tent is 20inx36inx62in. I saw another post on here of a guy who did a 6 plant scrog in the same dimension tent and it gave me the courage to upgrade to an hps light, which ive been afraid of doing so far due to the insane heat I have seen them put off. I figured with proper vent system I should be able to pull it off however. Im just not to sure about how to go about ducting and venting the cool tube, I have drawn my plan for the tent and ducting and would love to hear from some more experienced farmers on what you think. I will also be using this tent right in the middle of my room with the ac blowing in my room at 65 which is as low as i can get it. In my illustration Im ducting one side of the cool tube out of my tent and using ducting on the other side of the cool tube to suck in the ac air from my room.
Photo 1

What do you guys think, Ill also be using 1 or 2 micro fans on the inside of the tent and I have a custom built fan system blowing air into the bottom of the tent through one of the vents. Thanks Guys!

SG

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Pitch that tent and get ta camping supergoo. You gonna be a full blow indoor camper in a years time mark my words... You do your homework and that's what makes or breaks a beginner grower. You gonna make some supergood supergoo.

Cort

Cort

400, 600, even 1k possible in 4x4 tent. If it was me, I would get a digital able to dim so after a few runs and you decide you want more light there is a cheap fix.

I had 1k in my 4x4 tent. Here is how I did it.

2 filtered passive intakes. (no fan blowing into the tent)
The exhaust system started with air being sucked thru a carbon filter by a 6 inch fan. Air was then pushed though a hood and out of the tent. That air was dumped outside the room.

Filter>fan> hood> out of room

In the summer months I did have to run a window ac to keep my tent air cool enough because I live in the desert and I didnt want to keep the whole house in the 70s

keeping negative pressure in the tent and carbon scrubbing any air coming out of the tent left my house odor free.

Supergoo

Supergoo

Thanks so much guys for your replies, I decided to run a 400 in a cool tube set up like that and so far so good :)
Ill start a journal soon!

SG

straincreation

straincreation

Cort is spot on there, as long as you vent out of your lung room you should be good, if you you are sucking straight out of the a/c you might be able to get away without. You will save alot of money on elctricity though if you can vent out.

Best of luck on your upgrade man hope the best for your endeavors.

Happy farming;)

Top Bottom