Grow Tents-What Size Tent Would Be Best For Me?

• Thread starter brotherfrombelgium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Hola amigos, growing in a tent for the first time has been great, but my current girl she's eating too much and currently outgrowing her enclosure.

I would like to grow 2-3lbs every 8-9 weeks and not sure what size tent i would need?

I need to purchase this tent this week for it's getting tight in there.

I need room for my A/C and dehumidifier also.

What size tents are most of you using?

I will use either a 2 or 4 rdwc tote system.

Thanks for any advice and help! : )

Whitewidowday15flower
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Idk how much weight I'll get. Month half veg, month half flower so far...

6 plants 4*8. Had I done one strain instead of 5 I would have had no problem filling it evenly.

Id say minimum 2ft per plant. So 4 in a 4x4 should get you what your looking for.

Its really all about Scrogging and keeping that canopy low in my eyes. My plants were 12-16 inches tall when I sent them to flower lol.. Then they grew almost 3 feet taller within that time. It's dumb managing the growth u will get, but a good problem.

I would also condition the air outside your tent, not the tent itself. The air you suck into the tent should be your focus. The hydro hardware takes up enough space as it is.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Thanks for the reply and the advice, much appreciated.
DAY20FLOWERWIDOW
eciated.

Awesome grow show you have going very nice. :D
I really need to srog also, the growth has been crazy, thanks again. :)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Space permitting, I would do something like this:

I run 6 plants a cycle in a 5 x 5. Two month veg usually. It fills a 5 x 5 quickly. I just purchased the tent I linked above. It's not even out of the box yet. The idea is lots of space while running 6-8 plants a cycle. I'll be using quantum boards for lighting in this tent so I'll be able to walk right up to each plant/scrog net making them easy to care for. No more playing "twister" for me!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Your need 5x10 or even a pair of 4x8. And a veg tent. I would get a 10x10 if you have space. And a 4x8 for clones and mothers. Then you're good. Run 4 lights at least.
he said 2-3lbs lol. . That sounds like a damn farm pumping out 10lbs every 1.5 months lol. Perhaps im wrong, but if I really wanted, I feel I could pump out 4lbs every 2 months, if not more using only 40sqft area. I cant really say for sure yet, ill know how much each will get after harvest. Im kindof anxious to see my gpkw or whatever that shit is.

I know I got 9 oz dry out of a 2x4 with horrible light and lots of issues. Im confident now I can get at least 1lb out of a 2x4 every 2 months, but i havnt done it yet lol so we shall see.

I guess id ask what the average is? Or what do people average with each different system?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

he said 2-3lbs lol. . That sounds like a damn farm pumping out 10lbs every 1.5 months lol. Perhaps im wrong, but if I really wanted, I feel I could pump out 4lbs every 2 months, if not more using only 40sqft area. I cant really say for sure yet, ill know how much each will get after harvest. Im kindof anxious to see my gpkw or whatever that shit is.

I know I got 9 oz dry out of a 2x4 with horrible light and lots of issues. Im confident now I can get at least 1lb out of a 2x4 every 2 months, but i havnt done it yet lol so we shall see.

I guess id ask what the average is? Or what do people average with each different system?
I regularly pull between 2 and not quite 3 lbs per cycle in a 5 x 5. My secret is really no secret ... longer veg and larger plants.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Thanks for the replies everyone! :D

I heard of someone yielding around 23lbs every weeks with only 8 LED lights.

My jaw dropped when i heard that, honestly what sized totes would be needed for plants that size?

Also how long in veg before their flipped i wonder, getting almost 3lbs from every plant is a hell of an effort, but yeah the source is 100% credible.

Ponky

Ponky

Thanks for the replies everyone! :D

I heard of someone yielding around 23lbs every weeks with only 8 LED lights.

My jaw dropped when i heard that, honestly what sized totes would be needed for plants that size?

Also how long in veg before their flipped i wonder, getting almost 3lbs from every plant is a hell of an effort, but yeah the source is 100% credible.
Aim for reasonable. Not home run. Account for 10 ounces out of every 4x4 zone. Once every 9 weeks. Assuming you have a veg space. If its more that's great. But realistic goals matter.

growsince79

growsince79

Aim for reasonable. Not home run. Account for 10 ounces out of every 4x4 zone. Once every 9 weeks. Assuming you have a veg space. If its more that's great. But realistic goals matter.
Really? I must be awesome lol. 5oz in my 2 x 4 would be a huge disappointment. Something went terribly wrong. shit happens...

Ponky

Ponky

Really? I must be awesome lol. 5oz in my 2 x 4 would be a huge disappointment. Something went terribly wrong. shit happens...
Yeah. Aim low do you don't miss. Some strains don't yield well. Not all grow lights are great. And some water sucks. I mean you could grow some high yielding hash plant. But aiming low gives you room in the year to deal with problems. If you want 2 pounds. Set up to grow 4. Nothing worse than running out of smoke in flower.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah. Aim low do you don't miss. Some strains don't yield well. Not all grow lights are great. And some water sucks. I mean you could grow some high yielding hash plant. But aiming low gives you room in the year to deal with problems. If you want 2 pounds. Set up to grow 4. Nothing worse than running out of smoke in flower.
Murphys law. Its always something. This time its fkn bugs.

Mrb53

Mrb53

there is no way to harvest 2 to 3 lbs every 8 to 9 weeks without multiple tents. Veg stage to hit that kind of quantity would easily be 7-10 weeks on its own, without flower stage. Add another 7-8 weeks MINIMUM for flower...you would need 2 to 4 sq ft per plant min with a light just for that 4 sq ft to hit that return.
Try being a little more realistic in returns and timeframes to reach maturity

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I'd like to see some gpkw data for everyone. I don't know how to calculate mine but in 4 months off a tsl2000, 250w I did 9 oz dry. 2 months 18 on, then 2 months 12 on. 120v system. Can someone help me calculate what my Gpkw was?

growsince79

growsince79

there is no way to harvest 2 to 3 lbs every 8 to 9 weeks without multiple tents. Veg stage to hit that kind of quantity would easily be 7-10 weeks on its own, without flower stage. Add another 7-8 weeks MINIMUM for flower...you would need 2 to 4 sq ft per plant min with a light just for that 4 sq ft to hit that return.
Try being a little more realistic in returns and timeframes to reach maturity
Just need a little veg tent. If everything goes well, I can flip 4 plants at 4 weeks and harvest 1lb in a 2 x 4.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
just my two cents.

you will need a minimum of 2 tents. one for veg and one for flower. get two 4x4s. you can run some autos in the veg tent too.

you can take the time and grow a big 'un or start and flip fast. a bunch of small ones or a big one will get you some yield.

you could read about perpetual grows. that is more or less what i do. i start a plant every 3 weeks. i always have clones around too. when i harvest from the 12/12 tent i swap one. i always have the most i can fit in the 12/12. the other one changes as i go. i start seeds, or clones and have some i let get big, some smaller and faster. i can fit 6 to 9 of the 3 to 5 gallon pots in my 4x4. i tend to train to fit a space. some i make wide and long, some narrower.

i dont know about pounds and all, but when i started i had none, now i have plenty.

Last edited:
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

The new tent is just awesome, so good to just walk in and be able to stand up! :D

My Purple Erkel went male couldn't believe it, it wasn't feminized seed unlike the White Widow.

So just the one plant now, seeing as the other tent is now free I'll start another 2/3 and veg them for the next 6 weeks.

Plant looks much smaller in a large tent, but now it will be much happier.

The vents available in the tent are numerous, viewing windows and 3 different entrance/exit areas.

Felt like i stepped into a mansion, took me awhile to get RH sorted, but so far happy i upgraded to something larger.

I could easily fit 4 girls in here, but will rather 3 which leaves ample room to move around.

Got Mrs.Widow some more nutes, raised ph and ppm a little...now i need 2 more lights. :P

Scrogdcreen
Scrogged
Nnewtent

Latest posts

Top Bottom