Growbox 2.0

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

Hi all !

I am going to run a grow journal on my grow box. It isnt big but it is going to do the trick
Dimenssons
36 inches high by 24 inches wide by 18 inches deep (subject to change when i measure it)

I changed a couple of things

I am runnng a timber vero 200 watt cob fixture

I put a 4 inch scrubber in the box so I can mitigate the odor.

Pics will come soon.

The first round will be 2 X white rhino.

Height is my problem so i see LST in my future.

Which leads me to a question. I have a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon hydro system that came with growboxes i bought. I have a giant airstone and aerator too I was going to use in the autopots.

Do you think I should run the 2 plants in coco/perlite OR

Run the hydro system on the 2 plants. There will be no cooler it will be as is.

I do like some coco/perlite/hydroton mix.

Experts weigh in. This is an experiment in awesomeness. There is no middle ground :D

gwheels

gwheels

Here is the box and the light that ships this week. I am considering a few non soil options and will sprout a seed when light arrives. IT is the frakenbox for now but I will close everything in better when I am sure I have it sorted.

Box dimensions are 23 x 16 x 34. The filter is about 7 inches of space the light is 20 x 3 x 5.5
200 watt vero 2 x 100 bulbs will dim at about 100 watts to see how she grows. White rhino is going to thrive in it I know it

Gb20
Model 2VL TimberGrowLights 200 Watt Vero29 Linear Fixture  978401504913827
gwheels

gwheels

To put it on the outside you would push the air through it instead of pull it ? I will try it this way at first. If it is problematic I will figure something out. The light left on Friday.

MW7945

MW7945

Yes, you'd put it on the exhaust side of your fan. That's how I have mine set up. Works just the same and you don't have to take up a bunch of tent space with it

gwheels

gwheels

The timber came and it is perfect. It exactly fits in the box. I also got a flange to put the hose only in the box and the filter on the outside. Growbox 2.1 will be complete tomorrow :D. I will do a 4 inch intake hole on the bottom of the box and use a double sock filter until I figure out something better looking :D

20170919 172814
gwheels

gwheels

Well i have a plan and would like some chiming in. I do not wish to go get coco because it is about 30 minutes from here but I do have about 30 litres of 1 inch rockwell cubes and hydroton clay pebbles. Should I......
Run 2 plants in 1 gallon containers with a 50 50 of rockwell and clay pebbles
Run 1 plant in a 3 gallon with 50 50 rockewell and clay

The two above are as close to coco coir i will get without spending a dime.

Next is a 50 50 perlite organic soil mix. I can run it in 2 X 1 gallon pots or 1 X 3 gallon pot.

I will be running white rhino only. 1 or 2 plants depending on how it works out.

Chime in....don't be shy. There are no bad opinions.

Thanks for reading it and contributing to the grow box 2.1 :D

I found the coco was the easiest because I can control the nutes from day 1. Soil is trickier

gwheels

gwheels

But i have a giant bag of 1 inch cubes and 2 bags of clay pebbles. :D. I am going to order 3 bricks of coco. The stuff is the best. EventHorizon or Sixstring steered me in that direction and they were right. But I am using those damned rockwell cubes if it kills me :D

My autopots work with 50 50 of a lot of stuff
clay and soil....not my thing
clay and coco
perlite and coco
perlite and soil
rockwell and clay

those are recomended. And so far so great.

And the 200 Vero watts is mentally great. Growbox run starts Monday :D Thanks Dan for getting it to me when you could.

AND I am putting the scrubber outside. I have all of the exhaust and intake flanges to make it work and I jerry rigged filtration on the intake.

As always good advice here. After the growbox run I will build the growbox 3.0 now that I get what I need :D

MW7945

MW7945

Legit question, why not just buy a grow tent next time? Hell, I'll sell you the one I have right now for cheap. Going to a 4x4x6 1/2 after my plants are done with veg. Have a 3x3x6. Nothing wrong with it, I just have a big ass vero setup coming and need a bigger tent.

gwheels

gwheels

I have a 4 x 4 tent too. I am working on the growbox because I have it and i see future potential in the sale of such a thing within my market :D

Really I think I will use it to veg plants and run the tent in flower forever

It is a grandmas secret garden box. Probably one of the worst ripoffs in cannabis growing history. Fuck you the people that made it.

Get a good light....get a small tent and bob is literally your uncle.

Vero 2 X 100 fixture is beautiful. Like perfect in every way.

Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

Growbox 2.0 is ready. I am popping 2 white rhinos. And i will go with both having hydroton pellets and 1 inch rockwell cubes. I need to use up the cubes.
The filter is outside the box. The intake is a 4 inch dryer vent that i made a filter for.

20170924 124214
gwheels

gwheels

Clay pebbles are soaking in 4.5 PH water for the grow. :) I am excited to see how it works. My tent is going bonkers so it is great to not need it to work. I have sour kush that hit 36 inches and they are still stretching. I think they got some sativa pheno going on

gwheels

gwheels

Seeds are cracked and going in peat cubes in the box tomorrow. Pots are ready. I trimmed down 2 fabric pots that were 3 gallons but are the height of my 1 gallon plastic pots (2 gallon pots now). The 'soil' is 50 50 small clay pellets with 1 inch Rockwell cubes.
I have 2 coco bricks coming but the bag of cubes is languishing so i might as well see what happens. It is so much quieter than computer fans. I run the 4 inch fan with a fan controllers set to low.

20170925 194413
Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

I ordered a brick of coco and it showed up today. And 1 bean sprouted so i have a 3 gallon short fabric pot that is now coco perlite 80 20. I will try the cubes in the tent.
Lets give the light a chance with coco.

Wow 12 pounds of coco is bigger tgan it looks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom