Grower Salary And Commission For Colorado Dispensary

• Thread starter Woodya08
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Woodya08

Curious. If I bought a dispensary in Denver CO, what would be a fair compensation for the grow master on staff thats expected to produce 100 to 200lbs each month
I imagine salary plus commission.
I'm not talking of all the other staff overhead etc, only the grower in charge salary and commission per cured lb and ready for sale.

Its a lot of responsibility and would want to be fair.

K

kansabis

Curious. If I bought a dispensary in Denver CO, what would be a fair compensation for the grow master on staff thats expected to produce 100 to 200lbs each month
I imagine salary plus commission.
I'm not talking of all the other staff overhead etc, only the grower in charge salary and commission per cured lb and ready for sale.

Its a lot of responsibility and would want to be fair.
I'd do it starting at 4k month salary and 5% total commission. Lol

erocknroll

erocknroll

Most master grower positions I've seen posted on indeed are advertising $100k-$200k yearly salary. I'm pretty sure thats just a general number they're throwing out there and there's some sort of monthly/quarterly bonus system worked out.

2toughtony

2toughtony

Most master grower positions I've seen posted on indeed are advertising $100k-$200k yearly salary. I'm pretty sure thats just a general number they're throwing out there and there's some sort of monthly/quarterly bonus system worked out.
Your lucky if you get 100k most get maybe 50 to 75 and there is no compensation per pound lol do your job and do it consistent or they will find some one else ....also @woody08 i wouldnt try to get inthe industry if you a dont have a shit load of cash and b if you dont know much about growing and laws ....just take it from a jersey guy who knows co well lol

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

75-150k really just depends on how much you want to pony up and how good and how much you trust your grower to get you where you want to be at. I agree though the amount of money you need to pull something of that magnitude is ridiculous. Good luck

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

LOL,
Nobody is paying a head grower 100-200k. Like 2tough said, if someone wants more money, the business will find someone else. There are plenty of ppl that would jump on the position for the low low (I have a buddy that makes 16$ an hr as head grower). 55-70k a year max, still have to pay for all the labor as well for others. Just saying, nobody is going to be rich with a head grower position, maybe at first and then the business goes under, sustainable is what is key. 200k a year for a glorified manager is just ridiculous. Honestly, farmers aren't known for being well off for a reason... in any ag crop.

G gnome

G gnome

LOL,
Nobody is paying a head grower 100-200k. Like 2tough said, if someone wants more money, the business will find someone else. There are plenty of ppl that would jump on the position for the low low (I have a buddy that makes 16$ an hr as head grower). 55-70k a year max, still have to pay for all the labor as well for others. Just saying, nobody is going to be rich with a head grower position, maybe at first and then the business goes under, sustainable is what is key. 200k a year for a glorified manager is just ridiculous. Honestly, farmers aren't known for being well off for a reason... in any ag crop.
Farmers like to cry broke bjt a lotta them are loaded. A goddamn combine costs 1/2 million.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
LOL,
16 bucks an hour hahaha i wouldnt leave the house... Theres welfare.
A "master grower" could make a couple hundred grand a year but thats...

Germ/clone
Veg
Flower
Harvest
Accounting(tax/billing)
Inventory
Supply orders

If a good accountant can make 100k then an accountant that can grow the shit out of some plants is worth the money. There are a lot of skilled growers that would never apply for cheap... They know not to make rich people more money on someone elses skill.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

16 bucks an hour hahaha i wouldnt leave the house... Theres welfare.
A "master grower" could make a couple hundred grand a year but thats...

Germ/clone
Veg
Flower
Harvest
Accounting(tax/billing)
Inventory
Supply orders

If a good accountant can make 100k then an accountant that can grow the shit out of some plants is worth the money. There are a lot of skilled growers that would never apply for cheap... They know not to make rich people more money on someone elses skill.
A "master grower" isnt making that much on average unless they are actually invested with their own money. It is a nice thought to think we are worth anything near that. Truth is, everyone wants to work in this industry, it's very easy to replace ppl and find someone of equal or greater value. A facility that brings down 100-200 lbs a month, there would be 10s of thousands in electricity every month, then nutrients, the overhead on workers for harvest, plucking leaves and pruning, would have to be auto trimmed, or a lot more overhead for trimmers... Really just doesn't sound feasible for someone to be paid anywhere near 200k a year. Just honestly my opinion if someone is looking for sustainable longterm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom