Grower to Caregiver transactions ~and~ "the gray area"

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

I understand what your saying, but the grass is always greener bro

aint no one getting 36 a LB in cali, places are over flowing with herb right now and there are lines of growers out the door who need next months rent asap

Dandaweedman

Dandaweedman

Hi grade herb has been 23 per LB here since the mid eighties.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Dynamite - I agree with you bro. I just moved to Oregon and quite frankly I have not been impressed with the quality of herb here. Yeah every once in a while you will come across some super diggy dank. but from what I have seen, it either smells really good but dont look good, needs to be trimmed way better. or it looks really frosty(still needs to be trimmed better), but lacking the smell and tastes like it wasnt flushed at all. Maybe i have been spoiled and turned into a pot snob. I dont know, something has to change. I have only been here for 6months, and already I see the need for change.

L

Lost

Just FYI "Donations" are NOT legal in Oregon. Only reimbursement for grow expenses NOT including labor or profit. Also, you can ONLY exchange meds for someone you have a card for.

Anything else is illegal by law if it ever gets to that point..

Totally agree with you about the old system not working here.

L

Lost

Even in socal the ak would only get 2800-3500 if its fire. You could get your 36 for the chemdog if its really well grown. If its not relly well done, you wont sell it at all.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You are correct Dyno. After going to one of the local clubs to check it out, they are flooded with mid grade. There was only one jar I seen that I would call "Top Shelf" others where just ok.
The cure on all those smelled the same. Smelled like they plastic bagged cured the meds. All had the hay smell. Only smelled if you broke the nugs up. Not what I like.
One thing I keep telling myself is if or when we get disp here in Oregon there will be a time where things are flooded.
This will be time to sit back and watch for a minute. I feel like it is going to be who has the best grade will survive. I do not see how people will make it without the knowledge of growing.
Another thing that will make things if we get a Disp that is not just about the money but the quality. Sort of like a strip club, Portland is the capital for them. We have more nasty dirty strip clubs then we do nice clean ones like Stars Caberate. You get what you pay for somewhat. Or at least know what you can expect by going there over a 82nd area strip club.
I have seen the flood here with crappy meds forcing me to get less. I never had a problem getting 3 for a P before things got crazy with the med scene here. Now I cannot even get close to 3 due to everyone and there grandma having shit for cheaper. My buddy said to me the supers are nice but I can get the fluffy mids that have good bag appeal for cheaper. This leaves you with your dick in your hand.
I think when it comes down to it, we the growers need to put out our best work to compete with the lower grade. Sounds messed up but true.

Dynamite

Dynamite

word Smokey ! You said it well bro -

but I'm done with this thread -

these cats wanna call me out and start shit like I'm pulling numbers out my ass ...LOL

I'm not about it man ,I'm not a liar nor bullshitter and am not about repeating myself over and over and over

Maybe a different day and different time -

Were in the same hood Smokey - dropping to the same peeps I'm sure ..

I'll go back to grow threads and stay there - any other discussions on the internet I'm just not good at I guess

For your and my sake,growers in general , I am gonna go chat with the big boys at the THCF clinic and see what's in the works for the next ballot - I'm no good at talking about it on the net with people not even in this state , I'll just go do it - at big blue those dudes were just snobs the couple times I went in there ..

I heard Norml set up a Farmers market , were just supposed to drop by and give away crops worth free meds - Bahahahhaaaa!! You heard about that yet ? One of my homies was telling me about it - I don't have any first hand experience with Norml

we the growers need to put out our best work to compete with the lower grade. Sounds messed up but true.
<<that's what's gotta happen - sad reality ,but your correct - without the state and new laws stepping in it's the only resolve - flood the market with AAA+ at cut prices to push the garbage out .I appreciate the reality check bro - I needed it ..hopefully it'll turn back around

Peace

M

Mr.Newcastle

Blah blah Blah. Had to delete my own BS. Just too much bitterness on my part. Too easy to be angry about issues not in my control and the only thing I can control is my MJ and her quality. Just thinking of the past ins and out with dispensaries and their people gets me on hellraising path. But then why stop there, money is made all over this world by way of sticking it to others. Fugghedabout it, heh? Not everybody operates that way, and not all clubs either. Along the way, I have met some good people with good intentions. Im just a bit old school with the MJ and like my father and his father, painfully watch the good ole ways get replaced with new ways. One thing that I always think of when a owner is giving me the song and dance about the herb is a beauyt contest and this and that isn't this, is one time, I was stuck in San Diego after an incident, and no MJ for a week. I bought a 10hay mexi brown, got to the Greyhound, rolled up a big ole Garcia, and was strait loopy all the way back to SanFran. Greyhound felt like a Carribiean cruise. Man, burning Og after 10pm is okay if you want to not sleep, I got sum serious munchies. El Monterrey Chimichangas, Peace and Love.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Dyno, keep with the thread please. It is not wrong to talk about this issue.

Yes OGF is pretty fucked up now. I was pretty big on them when I first joined. Lately it is a fucking joke how they are bullshitting everyone. I know for a fact someone there was offing o's for 200 over the counter. They turn there back on things if someone has been there for a while. If you are newer there, they shun you for even mentioning charging or getting money for meds.

Myself, I have a large expence every month like all. But I try to do things the right way when I grow so my meds are AAA. I am not one of the growers that feel like $50 is cool for a O. I take the whole account of my time. I cannot charge for my time but I do charge for everything I can and will to get my money back.

I have not heard of the Normal thing. But I have heard of a few farmer markets or local clubs that work on payin you back. That is where I see people dropping off there mids. I would not want to drop off a 5 pack of AAA to a club and have to wait for my recoup. That is where I would drop off what would work. But then again I really do not have mids to begin with.
The only place I could see competition is at the place I went to at CAnnabliss. Pretty much every grower is straight up competition. What I do like about it there is 1 room with about 4 different vendors with all there shit on display. Like I said before there was only 1 jar out of all the vendors that I would call AAA. Made me feel like I could do well there with my work.
Pretty much all I seen there was brand name meds. That's all they were was names. Cool if you like labels and want to say I smoked such and such. All the meds there could of been done better.
I know up in Washington things are way better up there compared to Oregon with there clubs. I am really thinking of moving up in the Couve for that reason.
I really think what is going to change things at the clubs is to have a grower that brings in the AAAA and asks for less reimbursment then the others at the club. That is what I would do at least. Undercut the other growers with better meds. I would expect a ass kickin but am not worrid about that at all.
I also could not believe they were charging BM prices at the club either. I actually laughed at one vendor when he told me the prices he wants. I hurt his feelings by asking him if is stuff was beasters or not. Got some laughes from the other vendors.
I am sure we have crossed paths at some point Dyno in our past. Both of us are 35 and from Ptown. I went to Franklin, what about you?

L

Lost

I hope I did not offend somehow.

Good discussion going on here.

C

CobbCreekBob

Dynamite - I agree with you bro. I just moved to Oregon and quite frankly I have not been impressed with the quality of herb here. Yeah every once in a while you will come across some super diggy dank. but from what I have seen, it either smells really good but dont look good, needs to be trimmed way better. or it looks really frosty(still needs to be trimmed better), but lacking the smell and tastes like it wasnt flushed at all. Maybe i have been spoiled and turned into a pot snob. I dont know, something has to change. I have only been here for 6months, and already I see the need for change.

I swear to God you are psychic, as I am thinking the same thing. And I came from a non mmj red state!! I hear the very best goes south and east. The damndest thing is people here are satisfied with that mediocre bullshit. If you have ever grown your own, especially decent indoor quality, you will be sorely disappointed, unless you hit a grey area club. and that's the honest truth. The outdoor is so hard to mess with, some condition great, but unless greenhousing, and even then, don't forget your yearly supply of Avid and hope it don't rain very much. I have never been so disappointed in all my life. I have had better brick meds in the midwest where I come from, than what Im finding out here, and joining the right organizations and sites. And absolutely not open to poppin any beans, none whatsoever, cause they know most times, with hybrid being made these days, in a ten pack, you'll find a keeper and pass that cut around,etc. They don't want that, they want Carnival, Violet Delight, LMFAO, can't even get indicas to finish right outside and they want to play with TASTY long flowering sats, have you lost your minds...?! shit I can't even find out what the parents are, how can I tell if its good meds for me, if i don't know the lineage? Cause I do know what works for my pain! Not the grower that thinks he is gonna tell me whats good or not. And most all youngsters look like tweakers, no offense, but the tweakers ruined it in my old state, the meth capital of the us, so Im not diggin that crap either. Bad day, sorry

L

Lost

I swear to God you are psychic, as I am thinking the same thing. And I came from a non mmj red state!! I hear the very best goes south and east. The damndest thing is people here are satisfied with that mediocre bullshit. If you have ever grown your own, especially decent indoor quality, you will be sorely disappointed, unless you hit a grey area club. and that's the honest truth. The outdoor is so hard to mess with, some condition great, but unless greenhousing, and even then, don't forget your yearly supply of Avid and hope it don't rain very much. I have never been so disappointed in all my life. I have had better brick meds in the midwest where I come from, than what Im finding out here, and joining the right organizations and sites. And absolutely not open to poppin any beans, none whatsoever, cause they know most times, with hybrid being made these days, in a ten pack, you'll find a keeper and pass that cut around,etc. They don't want that, they want Carnival, Violet Delight, LMFAO, can't even get indicas to finish right outside and they want to play with TASTY long flowering sats, have you lost your minds...?! shit I can't even find out what the parents are, how can I tell if its good meds for me, if i don't know the lineage? Cause I do know what works for my pain! Not the grower that thinks he is gonna tell me whats good or not. And most all youngsters look like tweakers, no offense, but the tweakers ruined it in my old state, the meth capital of the us, so Im not diggin that crap either. Bad day, sorry

Sorry to hear bro... Alot of us in your boat. :(

Plus rep for the honesty.

gusthedog

gusthedog

Where is There Good Green for Good Green?

I have been a card holder/grower since 2003. New growers will always put out up and down quallity of indoor crops for the first couple of years. I grow AAA and AAA+ and have a hell of a time gettin rid of it. Blackberry Kush, The Church, Kali Mist, Killer Queen, and seeds of many of my own back crosses. The thing is... If you dont hang with the crowds who have the means and respect for the AAA, you let it go for so low, its like giving it away. I scrap to pay the power bill and water... How does anyone make a good living like you hear about getting over 3 a P?

-
album.php
GustheDog

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, it is tough all over. I have been growing for five years now. Not long really in the relm of things. But been indulging since the 1970's Yeh, old school I guess. At any rate when I started five years ago . Thing were good. My extra went for 3,200.00 a lb. About a year ago the people from back east stopped coming and things have been bad ever since. You are all right. There are a ton of people growing but very few know the right way to grow. Hence the market is flooded with B grade and it's cheap. I can't let mine extra go for 1,800.00 or 2,000.00. Indoor costs way to much to grow. We are thinking of cutting out our indoor completly. Gotta make up the losses with our outdoor. We know what we are doing and how to grow and when to nute and what to use. We produce very good AAA grade medicine. Quite honestly. Many people have a really hard time telling our outdoor apart from indoor. OF cours you have to have the right conditions. First and formost full sun all day. If you have that and feed the right things you can produce really dank outdoor! You gotta have the right condidtions and right soil and be up on things. Not meaning to lecture or pretend I know everthing. But, I have seen things. Ok, Normil does have a cannibis market held at the Cannibis Cafe. I believe they allow two benders at a time in their up stars room. I have been wanting to go up for it but it's a long drive and they won't let you charge more than 150.00 an oz. I don't know anything about any of the clubs here in Oregon. Seattle and Tacoma have cannibis markets nearly every week-end. Booth rental is 250.00 I believe, but you have to have a Washington state medical card to go there and set up.

Purrs..........Catwoman

have you been into cannabliss? my patient works there. she said its a pretty kick ass place. its basically a farmers market. she said over 50 patients come in a day, there is a smoking lounge and big screen tv's. its not some dummpy hipster bar, or and elderly gathering. its patients and growers able to decide what is the best for the patient. growers have a lot of information bout the meds they have. I don't know about you but, I always like to get meds/produce straight from the grower.

i havent been in there yet. Im just saying go check it out before you knock it. I think this place is going to change the patient/grower relationship in Oregon and is exactly how Cali started dispensaries/collectives.

here is a link http://www.thecannabliss.com/

go check it out. tell the community what you think

R

robbiedublu

I think it's great. To bad it's not legal. Tolerated for now, but not legal.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
why is it not legal. Its a club for patients, caregivers and growers. There are tons of clubs that charge annual membership fees. Cannabliss makes money by charging people for membership, and charging farmers to have a vendor booth. Cannabliss is not "selling" a product, but helping patients and caregivers to network with growers. Its not illegal to be reimbursed for growing costs. Growing is not cheap, then meds shouldn't be cheap either. but i do see how its in "The Gray Area", and there is nothing in black and white to say yes or no that it is legal, or illegal. IMO.

L

Lost

why is it not legal. Its a club for patients, caregivers and growers. There are tons of clubs that charge annual membership fees. Cannabliss makes money by charging people for membership, and charging farmers to have a vendor booth. Cannabliss is not "selling" a product, but helping patients and caregivers to network with growers. Its not illegal to be reimbursed for growing costs. Growing is not cheap, then meds shouldn't be cheap either. but i do see how its in "The Gray Area", and there is nothing in black and white to say yes or no that it is legal, or illegal. IMO.

You need to read the law. A grower can only produce for the named patient. And transfer beyond that is strictly illegal by the law, period. Tolerated but not legal is right..

Top Bottom