• Tagged users None
S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
I must have missed that part...

R

robbiedublu

why is it not legal. Its a club for patients, caregivers and growers. There are tons of clubs that charge annual membership fees. Cannabliss makes money by charging people for membership, and charging farmers to have a vendor booth. Cannabliss is not "selling" a product, but helping patients and caregivers to network with growers. Its not illegal to be reimbursed for growing costs. Growing is not cheap, then meds shouldn't be cheap either. but i do see how its in "The Gray Area", and there is nothing in black and white to say yes or no that it is legal, or illegal. IMO.

You're not an Oregon grower, are you? It is in black and white. Read the Oregon MMJ law. It is totally illegal. No grey area my friend. Unfortunately

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
I was just placed as a ommp grower last week. I have read the law, I just missed this paragraph

" SECTION 5. (1) No person authorized to possess, deliver or produce marijuana for medical use pursuant to sections 1 to 19 of this Act shall be excepted from the criminal laws of this state or shall be deemed to have established an affirmative defense to criminal charges of which possession, delivery or production of marijuana is an element if the person, in connection with the facts giving rise to such charges:

(a) Drives under the influence of marijuana as provided in ORS 813.010;

(b) Engages in the medical use of marijuana in a public place as that term is defined in ORS 161.015, or in public view;

(c) Delivers marijuana to any individual who the person knows is not in possession of a registry identification card; or

(d) Delivers marijuana for consideration to any individual, even if the individual is in possession of a registry identification card.

(2) In addition to any other penalty allowed by law, a person who the division finds has willfully violated the provisions of sections 1 to 19 of this Act or rules adopted under sections 1 to 19 of this Act may be precluded from obtaining or using a registry identification card for the medical use of marijuana for a period of up to six months, at the discretion of the division.
"

I was just under the impression that the grower was only to accept a donation and not "sell" the meds, and able to connect to as many patients as they deemed nessecary. but man that changes everything. Lost and robbie thanks for clearing that up for me, good lookin out for a fellow farmer. +rep

Dynamite

Dynamite

Just sell weed and be happy for gods sake , no true crime in that

NEVER has one cardholder dropped to another card holder in the state of Orygun and went to jail for it - illegal or not

In private circles we are so far under the radar

These Dispensaries are SELLING smoke out of how many places now ? 5 or 6 or more - Right in PORTLAND , 1/2 of them now looking at getting into the clone biz - no free donations , but buying and selling them , that's utter BULLSHIT in my eyes .. sell/donate some meds for profit/breakeven is great , but selling clones ? jeezus man ,they have been FREE in this state for as long as I can remember

They tried buying up my smoke more then once , I refused ,begged for clones ~ FUCK'UM I say - just a matter of time before the DEA catches wind of WTF is REALLY UP and shut's them down and it'll be back to biz as usual

to the people not from Oregon looking to get rich quick off growing weed under Medical laws , don't come here !! The people from here making money from Medical Marijuana do so on a ILLEGAL basis ..

"Grayarea" meaning what the popo will look the other way at - grayarea not meaning "legal"

B

Buddy Flowers

so do you guys have to wipe asses and change bed pans up there since you're "care giving" lol this medical bullshit has done nothing but fuck my business up

Dynamite

Dynamite

shiiiit , Buddy got banned - good luck to ya buddy

For 100% medical marijuana is real , sure there are the recreational smokers making up bullshit to get their cards and scamming for free weed from growers , but by a mile I know more pill junkies scamming their Doc's for opiates and benzo's that are fully strung out addicts ,and I personally know and grow for people that no big pharma meds will help their ailments but MMJ cures it right up with no bad side effects -

the amount of hours I put in on my grow start to finish and restarting again and that cycle again and again ~ and giving Pounds upon Pounds of FREE AAA+ MMJ to the people I grow for -
fuck'en eh I'm a Caregiver - a borderline damn slave it feels like sometimes

I was "that guy" ~ the one RAGING about medical because I felt the whole program was taking money outta my pocket , first time I met a few sick people and shared a joint with them , all that hate and greed goes out the window and I watched the amazing effects and impact the herb I grew had on their well being ,it's obvious Buddy nor any of Buddy's buddies have smoked bud with anyone besides a recreational smoker ,not knocking the rec smoker - they are the ones paying to keep the lights on :bongsmi:

Balance - a happy medium

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Three day spankin' is what herbal gave him. I don't quite get it, but I was late to the party.

I only want to go to Oregon for the FOOD.

There are people who make medical seem a joke, and I personally feel a small measure of resentment. However, I am also quite happy to own my recreational use. Why not? I pay my own bills, I'm a grown woman and I make my own decisions. I am not a threat to society, don't steal, cheat others, infringe upon anyone else's freedoms. So what if I just wanna get high?

But don't say you're sick when you're not, that diminishes the true pain and suffering of others, that is what makes medical a joke in the eyes of many.

R

robbiedublu

Three day spankin' is what herbal gave him. I don't quite get it, but I was late to the party.

I only want to go to Oregon for the FOOD.

There are people who make medical seem a joke, and I personally feel a small measure of resentment. However, I am also quite happy to own my recreational use. Why not? I pay my own bills, I'm a grown woman and I make my own decisions. I am not a threat to society, don't steal, cheat others, infringe upon anyone else's freedoms. So what if I just wanna get high?

But don't say you're sick when you're not, that diminishes the true pain and suffering of others, that is what makes medical a joke in the eyes of many.

As long as they allow medical for chronic pain, anyone can and should be able to get a card. I work in the medical field and i can tell you that pain is an entirely subjective experience. At least as it is defined and measured now. Sometimes I think it's total bullshit but I still have to medicate pts based on what they tell me their pain level is. And I mean I HAVE TO ! It is not optional based on my judgement. I could lose my license if I refused to medicate pts who I thought didn't need pain meds. A splinter in your finger might be nothing to you but intolerable pain to someone else. My point is you can't define anyone elses pain level.
If you have pain (and we all do in my judgement) and you want to jump through the hoops and get legal, more power to you in my opinion. F**k anyone else who trys to tell me my pain isn't bad enough to get a card.

K

kripplecreek

If you have pain (and we all do in my judgement) and you want to jump through the hoops and get legal, more power to you in my opinion. F**k anyone else who trys to tell me my pain isn't bad enough to get a card.

Damn right

C

Comercial

how it goes?

I understand what your saying, but the grass is always greener bro

aint no one getting 36 a LB in cali, places are over flowing with herb right now and there are lines of growers out the door who need next months rent asap

I could not have said it better, where getting to a point really soon where. I anticipate between what it takes to grow a decent amouint of grade A "Medicine". Nutes, power, ect.... the amount of light... or the amount of spendy equipment. You cant cut corners or there goes your grade A.

I'm going to say that alot of the growers out there doing little ten or fifteen lighters are going to stop growing. Or start doing things that are illegal.

Its getting harder every year, I cant wait to see after October whats in store for us indoors guys.

I know of 3 fiends of mine from Nor Cal that are already talking about doing (1k per elbow) Now thats fucked! And its solid green house outdoor with suplemental lighting. It comes out close to close to some indoor i have seen.

So what they do is Mix about 2-3 zips of out door into each elbow of there indoor and it really hard to tell. And do illegal things with there indoor gardens so that cuts there cost in half. And dump there indoor at 2,000 to 2,100 depending on how wholesale.

The buyer has the power, not the grower. For chist sakes I know mules that stay in the united states that make more then me!

Any one want to move to Kentucky with me and be hermit for next 2-3 years and call it good? I'm half way kidding.... but only half way.

-Comercial

420bliss

420bliss

Dyno, keep with the thread please. It is not wrong to talk about this issue.

Yes OGF is pretty fucked up now. I was pretty big on them when I first joined. Lately it is a fucking joke how they are bullshitting everyone. I know for a fact someone there was offing o's for 200 over the counter. They turn there back on things if someone has been there for a while. If you are newer there, they shun you for even mentioning charging or getting money for meds.

Myself, I have a large expence every month like all. But I try to do things the right way when I grow so my meds are AAA. I am not one of the growers that feel like $50 is cool for a O. I take the whole account of my time. I cannot charge for my time but I do charge for everything I can and will to get my money back.

I have not heard of the Normal thing. But I have heard of a few farmer markets or local clubs that work on payin you back. That is where I see people dropping off there mids. I would not want to drop off a 5 pack of AAA to a club and have to wait for my recoup. That is where I would drop off what would work. But then again I really do not have mids to begin with.
The only place I could see competition is at the place I went to at CAnnabliss. Pretty much every grower is straight up competition. What I do like about it there is 1 room with about 4 different vendors with all there shit on display. Like I said before there was only 1 jar out of all the vendors that I would call AAA. Made me feel like I could do well there with my work.
Pretty much all I seen there was brand name meds. That's all they were was names. Cool if you like labels and want to say I smoked such and such. All the meds there could of been done better.
I know up in Washington things are way better up there compared to Oregon with there clubs. I am really thinking of moving up in the Couve for that reason.
I really think what is going to change things at the clubs is to have a grower that brings in the AAAA and asks for less reimbursment then the others at the club. That is what I would do at least. Undercut the other growers with better meds. I would expect a ass kickin but am not worrid about that at all.
I also could not believe they were charging BM prices at the club either. I actually laughed at one vendor when he told me the prices he wants. I hurt his feelings by asking him if is stuff was beasters or not. Got some laughes from the other vendors.
I am sure we have crossed paths at some point Dyno in our past. Both of us are 35 and from Ptown. I went to Franklin, what about you?

smokey if you have dank please set up at cannabliss, that is my main club, your right like only booth has chron, sometime others but rarely, just picked up some Chemdog tonight from rotating heads that was really good.

420bliss

420bliss

Well, it is tough all over. I have been growing for five years now. Not long really in the relm of things. But been indulging since the 1970's Yeh, old school I guess. At any rate when I started five years ago . Thing were good. My extra went for 3,200.00 a lb. About a year ago the people from back east stopped coming and things have been bad ever since. You are all right. There are a ton of people growing but very few know the right way to grow. Hence the market is flooded with B grade and it's cheap. I can't let mine extra go for 1,800.00 or 2,000.00. Indoor costs way to much to grow. We are thinking of cutting out our indoor completly. Gotta make up the losses with our outdoor. We know what we are doing and how to grow and when to nute and what to use. We produce very good AAA grade medicine. Quite honestly. Many people have a really hard time telling our outdoor apart from indoor. OF cours you have to have the right conditions. First and formost full sun all day. If you have that and feed the right things you can produce really dank outdoor! You gotta have the right condidtions and right soil and be up on things. Not meaning to lecture or pretend I know everthing. But, I have seen things. Ok, Normil does have a cannibis market held at the Cannibis Cafe. I believe they allow two benders at a time in their up stars room. I have been wanting to go up for it but it's a long drive and they won't let you charge more than 150.00 an oz. I don't know anything about any of the clubs here in Oregon. Seattle and Tacoma have cannibis markets nearly every week-end. Booth rental is 250.00 I believe, but you have to have a Washington state medical card to go there and set up.

Purrs..........Catwoman

im in the same boat as you, about to switch to outdoor only, maybe a couple inside

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Went to cannabliss for the 1st time a few wks ago. Seemed like a cool place. Chill. Didnt see anything way special (med wise) but it was mid week. Probably hitting it up this weekend. My buddys renting a booth. Said hes been doing alrite. Gonna check it out. -PDX

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you know if Brothers is still open. There in the same neighbor hood as cannibliss i think. Not sure though as I have never been there. Thought I might check it out next time I'm up there. I heard they had killer Jack H. but they down grade a gram to .7 or some shit because of the quality. :sign0065: I don't know i just wanted to try the jack before there shut down as well.

420bliss

420bliss

Do you know if Brothers is still open. There in the same neighbor hood as cannibliss i think. Not sure though as I have never been there. Thought I might check it out next time I'm up there. I heard they had killer Jack H. but they down grade a gram to .7 or some shit because of the quality. :sign0065: I don't know i just wanted to try the jack before there shut down as well.

cannabliss in not shutting down. and i have never heard of them doin .7 for a gram, go to rose city remidies willy or james will treat you good, or rotating heads those chicks are cool and have some pretty good smoke

T

T.O.C.

Dynamite - I agree with you bro. I just moved to Oregon and quite frankly I have not been impressed with the quality of herb here. Yeah every once in a while you will come across some super diggy dank. but from what I have seen, it either smells really good but dont look good, needs to be trimmed way better. or it looks really frosty(still needs to be trimmed better), but lacking the smell and tastes like it wasnt flushed at all. Maybe i have been spoiled and turned into a pot snob. I dont know, something has to change. I have only been here for 6months, and already I see the need for change.
I myself just moved to OR about 3 months ago thinkin this was ganja heaven, its everywhere but not great quality at all. Need my headstash to finish so I aint gotta buy shit no more.

TOC

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
I myself just moved to OR about 3 months ago thinkin this was ganja heaven, its everywhere but not great quality at all. Need my headstash to finish so I aint gotta buy shit no more.

TOC

my opinions have recently changed about the quality, dont get me wrong there is still plenty of "mids" in this town, but its all about who you know and what you know. the thing that i love about oregon is that there are a lot of peeps growing many different kinds. Cali is all about the kushes, diesels, and wrecks. Oregon is everythang under the moon. Strains that ive never heard of, and have made me rethink what is truly my favorite flavor. But thats the best about living in a medical state. Grow your own headstash and try some of everyone elses.

C

cheyenne

Im just going to come out and say it....medical killed good ganja. Period. Once it got "sanctioned" and every tom dick and harrys grandma was pretty certain they werent going to prison for spinning the meter, the quality, not to mention the price has nose dived. Fucking johnny come latelys. Wanna grow your own mids....kewl man, just keep that shit off the market. Fucked everyone that had the balls to supply the skerdy cats for the last 40 years. werd.

Top Bottom