Growers, need help, slow growing

• Thread starter Posiix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Posiix

Posiix

Hello,

My auto critical mass is actually at 5 weeks, and she is growing reallyy slow, i dont know why, everything is good for me, Promix HP Soil, water ph 6,2 550ppm, 600w led light at 24inch from the plant, im not over watering it since i usually let my plants wilting, im using general hydroponic flora series, calmag, and seaweed
so any idea ??

Growers need help slow growing
Growers need help slow growing 2
Growers need help slow growing 3
BigCube

BigCube

500 ppm is for seedlings. This plant should be on full nutrients by now.

Also autos are genetically garbage, so it could just be cause of normal shit auto genetics.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I tend to agree with the above conclusions. Although, I don't know about the shit genetics part, certainly there are many good auto strains out there. But a few are definitely lacking good breeding, that's for sure.

But in this case, I think it's probably a combination of the two, as he describes here, you've got to get behind autos early, and have excellent cultivars, or the results can be somewhat disappointing.

Increase your light, if you can, and give her a shot in the roots. (not too much) See what happens. I really like kelp at this stage.

No garbage "genetics" here@day 45->50ish. frankenauto

IMG 20200922 235603
Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Welcome to the farm...Dont let them wilt bro..what are your enviroment coditions...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Look at the little plant in front of this one, both seeds were popped on the same day. It is indeed a phenomenon that dwarfism happens in autoflowers. Now both pants have got different treatment ,so the differences are extreme, but you get the point, the small plant there just never made the cut, and was left behind, and all of its sisters were smaller also.

In the first photo, is the sister for the purple haze auto. It did a "little" better, so I'm crossing with my frankenauto and see if that helps improve the situation. In the last the small purple haze with the WW auto that was popped on the same days.

I'm pretty sure the dwarfism happens randomly, but certainly not sure of it. But certainly can be stabilized to acceptable levels, with enough successive selective breeding and back crossing appropriately.

If anything can be learned from it, I would suggest obtaining seeds from people with history of solid cultivars, and who stand behind their products, when things do go wrong. Ones that give you more than a few seeds, so you can grow out a few extra examples. (cherry pick the healthy, and toss any dwarfs) People shouldn't have to accept getting bad seeds, and it's happening from most all the breeders too, not just one of them. Auto's are still in development in many respects, not as many stable strains.

IMG 20200923 001326
IMG 20200923 000415
Last edited:
CF89

CF89

500 ppm is for seedlings. This plant should be on full nutrients by now

wait. What?? My plants in 8th week of veg were getting 900ppm and was burning them at full strength with the GH nutrients. I was told to cut it in half and only feed my 8 weekers 500ppm. So how are tiny seedlings also getting 500ppm?

BigCube

BigCube

wait. What?? My plants in 8th week of veg were getting 900ppm and was burning them at full strength with the GH nutrients. I was told to cut it in half and only feed my 8 weekers 500ppm. So how are tiny seedlings also getting 500ppm?

You may have had higher than normal temperatures causing the plants to uptake water (and thus nutrients) faster than normal. Causing the burn.

Or you had a picky strain that just couldn't handle the GH full strength regiment.

Every plant I have in these pictures are on full strength GH flora series nutrients as stated on the GH bottles.

20200921 104613
20200921 104706

CF89

CF89

interesting. This is my full line up. Week 3. 950ppm. Pink lemonade. 8 weeks into veg. 5 gal smart pots. 1 gal water every 3-4 days.

Posiix

Posiix

My temp is 75f and humidity 45%-60%
I think it's due to bad genetics, i need to check here on quebec where to get some good babies

Posiix

Posiix

as well as this 4 weeks northern lights feminized, leaves aren't growing fully, weird..

BE90C7DB 4BC3 4E79 90CB 0869124EAD13
AEC6C60A 8A52 4A8E B82A 400BC2CADE69

Latest posts

Top Bottom