Growers Rushing To Develop “diet” Cannabis

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

The weight loss program rush

The information made mainstream headlines final 12 months. Sure compounds within the cannabis plant might scale back urge for food and deal with diabetes. The cannabinoid taking the limelight is tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV).

The molecule is assumed to have about 25% of the psychoactivity present in THC. Nevertheless, the compound also can velocity up your general excessive and make it come on faster.

Animal research has discovered that THCV reduces physique weight and improves glucose intolerance. Early human trials of the cannabinoid present that it successfully reduces blood glucose stage, will increase fasting insulin, lowers blood strain, and reduces inflammatory markers.

These successes have lead British pharmaceutical firm GW Pharmaceuticals to experiment with varied cannabis-based diabetes medication.

THCV is discovered in lots of South African strains, like Durban Poison. But, breeders are actually profiting from the brand new analysis and cultivating hybrid strains that produce greater quantities of the compound. Listed below are the small print:

The brand new hit pressure on dispensary menus.

There’s one pressure that’s turning into extra widespread on dispensary cabinets as of late. A sativa-dominant hybrid, XJ-13 is regarded as top-of-the-line selections for these hoping to suppress urge for food up to now.

Hottest on the West Coast, breeders like Cascadia Gardens, Noble Farms, Willie’s Reserve, and Northwest Kind all have just lately began producing and promoting this cannabis pressure.

Like all cannabinoids, the quantity of THCV in any given bud will depend on its rising situations. Whereas the pressure itself is able to producing greater ranges of THCV, not all flower samples will present excessive concentrations. Due to this fact, it’s finest to ask your dispensary for testing results if doable.

In a latest King5 News Segment, Cascadia Backyard’s model of the herb was highlighted for its munchie-free expertise. To date, there are not any strains which might be THCV dominant. However, there are some strains that come shut.

In a check by Steep Hill Labs, kief from the Doug’s Varin produced a whopping 15% THCV. That’s the very best we’ve come throughout up to now. Figuring out that sure strains like XJ-13 and Doug’s Varin are excessive producers of this cannabinoid, breeders can create crosses from these strains that hopefully produce greater and better quantities of THCV.

What about CBD?

The burden loss and glucose modulation results of THCV may be intensified by CBD. Within the GW Pharmaceutical trials talked about above, the corporate handled 65 diabetic sufferers with a drug that contained both THCV and CBD in particular ratios.

Their examine additionally highlighted analysis which advised that combining each cannabinoids lowered fats buildup within the liver, a harmful marker of metabolic syndrome.

Again in 2013, CBD made headlines as the brand new “it” cannabinoid growers have been speeding to domesticate. Now, there’s a brand new rising star.

Maybe someday quickly some fortunate breeder will stabilize a pressure that’s each excessive in CBD and excessive in THCV, very similar to the prescribed drugs which might be within the experimental part.

For now, breeders are toying with strains which have already proven nice, favorable outcomes.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I would be more interested in how other cannabinoids would be affected by turning the heat up to 428 °F.

'As its name suggests, THCV is similar to THC in molecular structure and psychoactive properties, but it provides a variety of pronounced and altogether different effects. A note for vaporizer enthusiasts: THCV has a boiling point of 428 °F (220 °C), so you’ll need to turn it up higher than you would THC.' (from leafly)

DGP

DGP

I have lost 40lbs in the last 5 months using RSO from a variety of strains. Doesn't really matter for me whether indica, sativa or hybrid, all seem to make a medicine that normalizes my weight. The bonus is it treats a variety of other problems and has been curative for my diabetic tendancy. I don't feel high or intoxicated when using RSO. For me it is miraculous.

The first month I ate like I had the worst munchies and someone advised me to power through it as it would go away in the long run and sure enough the munchies were replaced by a perfectly normal appetite. When I increase my dosage I tend to get the munchies for a very short time and then right back to a normal appetite. I think the pharma industry knows all to well about all these positive effects and what a great medicine it is but they very much want cannabis to be illegal.

DP

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I have lost 40lbs in the last 5 months using RSO from a variety of strains. Doesn't really matter for me whether indica, sativa or hybrid, all seem to make a medicine that normalizes my weight. The bonus is it treats a variety of other problems and has been curative for my diabetic tendancy. I don't feel high or intoxicated when using RSO. For me it is miraculous.

The first month I ate like I had the worst munchies and someone advised me to power through it as it would go away in the long run and sure enough the munchies were replaced by a perfectly normal appetite. When I increase my dosage I tend to get the munchies for a very short time and then right back to a normal appetite. I think the pharma industry knows all to well about all these positive effects and what a great medicine it is but they very much want cannabis to be illegal.

DP
My first reading of your post left me wondering what happened that you 'lost' 40 pounds of herb making oil. Must be monday.

Top Bottom